Hacking TCP Gecko codes do absolutely nothing? Can anyone help or point me to help?

Have you had similar issues with TCP Gecko?

• Yes, but I've resolved them. =)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, but I think I know who can help! [Please reply to the thread =3]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty new to the WiiU scene, but I've read through the need to knows and tutorials on this website and others.

Can anyone help me?

I'll go through a list of what I've done so far:

----------

1. Made sure I was no higher that Firmware 5.5.1

2. Used a mix of both Tubehax and the other DNS server.

3. Formatted my Grade 10 64GB 45MB/s SD card to FAT32, 16kb clusters.

4. Made a "wiiu" folder, and "apps" folder inside of it and placed these at the root of the SD card.

5. In there, I've placed the relevant folders and files for the Homebrew Manager, TCPGecko and Nuu (Eshop access patcher)

6. I've used loadiine.ovh to open the homebrew launcher and install TCP Gecko with Codehandler.

7. I've used JGecko to connect to the ip address of my WiiU. (Connection is successful and stable.)

8. I've entered the codes that correspond with the game from here: CosmoCourtney's Post

9. I clicked "Send codes"

10. "Codes sent successfuly!"

11 Nothing happens. All games, all versions.

12. Tried reinstalling and rerunning TCPGecko with all exploits from different gates/websites.

Does TCP Gecko not work with firmware 5.5.1?

If you can't help, do you know where I can get help?
I don't want to bother the creator of TCPGecko/JGecko because in the past they've said to people it's a code issue, not a Gecko issue.

-----

Most importantly: THANK YOU to anyone who helps! =3

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check to see if the code(s) you are using are for the correct region and/or update.
Yup, correct. I've even tried using all of the varients on the codes for versions and regions at the same time and sending them. And nothing works.

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using tcpGecko.NET (or the memory viewer in jGeckoU) and manually poke one of the addresses with the desired value, if it still does not work - bad codes.
If they do work with poking - then we can move on to step 2.

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using tcpGecko.NET (or the memory viewer in jGeckoU) and manually poke one of the addresses with the desired value, if it still does not work - bad codes.
If they do work with poking - then we can move on to step 2.

Yey! More help! =3 Thank you! =3

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The codes are not right for your games/versions. When do people finally get that? If you make CORRECT codes then it will also work. To prove this, just write an example code and observe if it does what it should (write something to the memory).

Reactions: rbsk

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The codes are not right for your games/versions. When do people finally get that? If you make CORRECT codes then it will also work

I used CosmoCourtney's Codes on a Loadiine game with NO updates in the updates folder, so it's impossible to get the game version wrong, and as for the region, I just tried both codes. Nothing works. I don't know what to say here.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used CosmoCourtney's Codes on a Loadiine game with NO updates in the updates folder, so it's impossible to get the game version wrong, and as for the region, I just tried both codes. Nothing works. I don't know what to say here.
Write an example code and see how it works. Just because you never use compatible codes does NOT mean the codes feature is inherently broken. Or how do you explain to yourself that most people are getting it to work? Obviously the codes must be wrong.
Code:
Example Test Code
00020000 10001000
12345678 00000000
This will write value 12345678 to address 10001000. Check it in the memory viewer.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: Sei

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Write an example code and see how it works. Just because you never use compatible codes does NOT mean the codes feature is inherently broken.

I don't know how to write code, so I can't do that. (I wish I could)
And since gecko works for others, that would suggest that the code feature works fine, however I was wondering if perhaps something had gone wrong elsewhere.

P.S Thank you for replying to this thread. I never expected to get a reply from a dev =3

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Write an example code and see how it works. Just because you never use compatible codes does NOT mean the codes feature is inherently broken. Or how do you explain to yourself that most people are getting it to work? Obviously the codes must be wrong.
Code:
Example Test Code
00020000 10001000
12345678 00000000
This will write value 12345678 to address 10001000. Check it in the memory viewer.

Thank you for helping, I will try this as soon as I get access to my WiiU =3 (Family =3) You devs are awesome!

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I added a code and instructions to the previous post

Ok, tried it and it didn't change the value corresponding to 10001000 in the memory viewer.

However, writing it in 32bit value size via the memory viewer's option to do so wrote the value. I wonder if it says it's sent successfully but actually isn't?

Last edited by Sei,

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/issues/97
My understanding is that the code handler does not work for loadiine games - unless this has changed in the last few weeks, that could be your problem.

Reactions: Sei

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I guess that's that then. Thank you very much! =3

If there are simple codes you want to use (like not infinite (sticky) stuff) - like money, items, etc - you can always manually push those values into memory with memory viewer.
To do this, use the "Memory Viewer" tab in jGeckoU - enter the address in "Memory Address" input - click "Update" (just to the right of the input)
Then on the left panel enter the value and click 'Write' (Just below the value input).

An example of how to translate the codes (if you are not familiar) using BillyWiiPlaza's example test code:
(More info can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443 )

Code:
00020000 10001000
12345678 00000000

The first 4 numbers (of the first 8 at the very beginning) tell you the value size (8, 16, 32) (in this case it is a 32bit)
Code:
8bit  = 0000 (values from 0x0 to 0xFF       - 0x000000FF)
16bit = 0001 (values from 0x0 to 0xFFFF     - 0x0000FFFF)
32bit = 0002 (values from 0x0 to 0xFFFFFFFF - 0xFFFFFFFF)

The next 8 numbers are the address ( in this case 0x10001000 )

The next 8 numbers (first set on second row) is the value (in this case 0x12345678 - a 32bit)

The last 8 are not important unless you are dealing with pointers - if you want info on how to do that manually, PM me.

So converting Bully's code to just a plain 'ol address and value:
Code:
Address  Value
10001000 12345678

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If there are simple codes you want to use (like not infinite (sticky) stuff) - like money, items, etc - you can always manually push those values into memory with memory viewer.
To do this, use the "Memory Viewer" tab in jGeckoU - enter the address in "Memory Address" input - click "Update" (just to the right of the input)
Then on the left panel enter the value and click 'Write' (Just below the value input).

An example of how to translate the codes (if you are not familiar) using BillyWiiPlaza's example test code:
(More info can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443 )

Code:
00020000 10001000
12345678 00000000

The first 4 numbers (of the first 8 at the very beginning) tell you the value size (8, 16, 32) (in this case it is a 32bit)
Code:
8bit  = 0000 (values from 0x0 to 0xFF       - 0x000000FF)
16bit = 0001 (values from 0x0 to 0xFFFF     - 0x0000FFFF)
32bit = 0002 (values from 0x0 to 0xFFFFFFFF - 0xFFFFFFFF)

The next 8 numbers are the address ( in this case 0x10001000 )

The next 8 numbers (first set on second row) is the value (in this case 0x12345678 - a 32bit)

The last 8 are not important unless you are dealing with pointers - if you want info on how to do that manually, PM me.

So converting Bully's code to just a plain 'ol address and value:
Code:
Address  Value
10001000 12345678

That's Awesome =3 It's just that Loadiine appears to be so broken that everything in the Memory Viewer shows 00000000 =(

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's Awesome =3 It's just that Loadiine appears to be so broken that everything in the Memory Viewer shows 00000000 =(

I have not had any issues with loadiine and manually using the memory viewer (also use tcpGecko.NET for searching and manual poking).
The address he provided should show 00000000 - this is an empty range.
But if you take an address from a code, that you want to use, and put it in you should see a lot of different values all around.

The thing about loadiine - it isn't broken (at least not from a tcpGecko standpoint) they just are not supporting the code handler range that the tcpGecko installer wants (the installer is a custom build with CosmoCortney's code handler). Meaning- no stored gecko codes... but memory writing is still there.
Also, if the codes you have are not for a loadiine version there is probably an offset to the codes... just curious, what game are you trying to tinker with?

Last edited by rbsk,

Sei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have not had any issues with loadiine and manually using the memory viewer (also use tcpGecko.NET for searching and manual poking).
The address he provided should show 00000000 - this is an empty range.
But if you take an address from a code, that you want to use, and put it in you should see a lot of different values all around.

The thing about loadiine - it isn't broken (at least not from a tcpGecko standpoint) they just are not supporting the code handler range that the tcpGecko installer wants (the installer is a custom build with CosmoCourtney's code handler). Meaning- no stored gecko codes... but memory writing is still there.
Also, if the codes you have are not for a loadiine version there is probably an offset to the codes... just curious, what game are you trying to tinker with?

I've tried Mario Kart 8 eshop version, Wind Waker NTSC on Loadiine, and Hyrule warriors on Loadiine =3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker