Homebrew Taking a risk: Hardmodding my 3DS manually. What do I need to know?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
then whats the point of having the method if no ones going to release it?
it sounds selfish to me because including me there are a lot of people want to downgrade from 11.0 but can't because they're limited to softmodding.

It's insurance. If there's no more applicable exploits in the future then this would really help simply by letting it go unnoticed and unpatched for a few firmware updates. By letting it be known instead, you risk cutting its potential availability shorter than if it was just kept hidden.

Reactions: Deleted User

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it sounds selfish to me because including me there are a lot of people want to downgrade from 11.0 but can't because they're limited to softmodding.
they have given the method out, you can go do it right now, but they have simply said they are not hand holding because
A) they will just get pestered and 101 questions "why i gotta buy gaymez, can i haz free hax!!!"
or
B)making it more public/widespread than it already is would cause the game to be pulled by nintendo faster

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

You are misunderstanding 2 things, It's not about don't release something EVER, it's about not releasing that something RIGHT NOW...
And the other thing, for this method in special, everything that you need was already released (Just not everything together), think about computer programs (they have the processes needed to do something and the algorithm to order the sequences os processes to make it work) we already had all the processes stuff, we only don't had the algorithm, so this method was already released out of the right order

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what you mean then, you need help, but your not willing to try it?

In which case your only other option is finding someone else to do it for you, or not doing it at all (or trying the super secret way that requires access to a second already exploited console I think)

wait, what way is that?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
There have been countless situations where entrypoints or exploits have been announced, before they're released, leading Ninty to act before we even get the chance. That's why some keep it private. until it's absolutely ready for the public. It's something you should appreciate, really.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I love Nintendo, I just can't system updates. I knew updating will patch a bunch of things, but I have to update the system if I really wanted to play online.

FML...

EDIT: Welp, Option 2. Maybe I could find a used 3DS at a game store somewhere. The N3DS is out, so prices on the O3DS should be close down to $100.

Last edited by LuxerWap,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I love Nintendo, I just can't system updates. I knew updating will patch a bunch of things, but I have to update the system if I really wanted to play online.

FML...

EDIT: Welp, Option 2. Maybe I could find a used 3DS at a game store somewhere. The N3DS is out, so prices on the O3DS should be close down to $100.
Have you considered dsiwarehax downgrade?
Oh! Also, get steel diver: sub wars. It's free, and @Nba_Yoh just announced an exploit for it. Ironhax 2.0! ^_^

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FML...

You actually don't have to update to 11.0 to play online. HTTPwn is a userland homebrew application that bypasses Ninty's version check. I've used it to download apps from eShop on my bro's 10.3 3ds because I haven't had time to install A9LH to his yet. And my sister used to use it on her 10.3 3ds to play Mario Kart 7 online with me. And all this while 11.0 was already released.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I'm purchasing a 3DS today. Wooooo! This is gonna be at GameStop so, how am I supposed to ask about the system? I can't just go up and say, "Excuse me, sir/ma'am, may I take a look at that 3DS for a moment?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste