Homebrew Taking a risk: Hardmodding my 3DS manually. What do I need to know?

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8/29/2016 A/N: THIS THREAD'S TITLE IS DEAD. IT IS NOW CALLED, "DOWNGRADING 11.0 USING ANOTHER SYSTEM, BUT IT'S 6.0". PLEASE GO TO PAGE 4. THANK YOU.

------------------------------------

Okay, so everyone is talking about these cool new apps, wips, and etc. Problem is that 9.2 is currently the only firmware that can do most of these cool things

I'm running on, 11.0 and there's no easy way to downgrade it 9.2, but, I do have the patients to listen and learn carefully, since hardmod is some something to be taken very seriously.

So I need some help.

Last edited by LuxerWap,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

LuxerWap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sadly, I can't do this. I thought the process would be risky but this is beyond risky. Like you're doing surgery on the system.

In all honesty, the tutorial was great, but the process and the tools needed could seriously damage your system.

I'm sorry, but tainting a system is a no go for me. Even if I do follow instructons, it's not worth the downgrade.

...yes, I'm a coward and I'll take it that way. Better to be safe than stuck living in a thousand needles.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sadly, I can't do this. I thought the process would be risky but this is beyond risky. Like you're doing surgery on the system.

In all honesty, the tutorial was great, but the process and the tools needed could seriously damage your system.

I'm sorry, but tainting a system is a no go for me. Even if I do follow instructons, it's not worth the downgrade.

...yes, I'm a coward and I'll take it that way. Better to be safe than stuck living in a thousand needles.

If you practice soldering I'd say you'd have more of a risk with the software portion of downgrading then you would with doing "surgery" on your 3DS.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What were you expecting the hardmod to be? That's how any hardmod is in any system. At the very least a hardmod requires some form of soldering, which in turn requires opening the system.
The least amount of effort I've done in a hardmod was adding solder to bridge two connections on the original xbox to allow me to TSOP flash the BIOS. Everything else I've done required other items like wires or cutting part of the case.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

LuxerWap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What were you expecting the hardmod to be? That's how any hardmod is in any system. At the very least a hardmod requires some form of soldering, which in turn requires opening the system.
The least amount of effort I've done in a hardmod was adding solder to bridge two connections on the original xbox to allow me to TSOP flash the BIOS. Everything else I've done required other items like wires or cutting part of the case.
Well, you guys make it sounds easy, but this is a sign of, "Are you nuts?" when I ask myself.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
There a secret way to soft downgrade in 11.0 but that envolves buy a game, dsiwarehax and system transfer
But you have to search that, I have to study math right now

Reactions: Wafflepaint

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which 3ds do you have? I've done temporary hardmods on n3ds, n3dsxl, and 3dsxl. Those are actually pretty easy, but the o3ds looks a bit harder, so I haven't tried that one. You just have to solder 4 wires.

The hard part would be making it look pretty, but if you go with a temporary one you don't have to worry about that.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get what you mean then, you need help, but your not willing to try it?

In which case your only other option is finding someone else to do it for you, or not doing it at all (or trying the super secret way that requires access to a second already exploited console I think)
Wait, there's a super-secret way? I have an unmodded O3DS on latest stock firmware, and an a9lh'd N3DS... Time for some Google-Fu methinks.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: N7Kopper

N7Kopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, your pretty much out of luck. Since I am pretty sure you can't system transfer from N3DS to o3DS, and it was secret, then zoogie let out all the details.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/what-options-do-we-have-on-11-fw-w-o-hardmod.434512/#post-6531644
Ah, but with RedNAND, I have nothing to lose from theoretically making my N3DS run O3DS firmwares for the transfer back. It probably won't be possible regardless, but it's at least an interesting idea and thought experiment.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, but with RedNAND, I have nothing to lose from theoretically making my N3DS run O3DS firmwares for the transfer back. It probably won't be possible regardless, but it's at least an interesting idea and thought experiment.
You better get to it then. Nintendo will probably be removing it soon. Now that its publicly known.

D

Deleted User

Wait, there's a super-secret way? I have an unmodded O3DS on latest stock firmware, and an a9lh'd N3DS... Time for some Google-Fu methinks.
It involves system transfer, so I think its impossible from o3ds->n3ds (unless u risk installing o3ds' FW on n3ds which is risky, if even possible, i know its possible but is using systrans in that state safe?)...
Anyways ya can play emu's on 11 with HB which will spend yr time till arm9hax will be released on 11(if it even will happen) or untill youll have money for hardmod which is less expensive then buying games...

N7Kopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It involves system transfer, so I think its impossible from o3ds->n3ds (unless u risk installing o3ds' FW on n3ds which is risky, if even possible, i know its possible but is using systrans in that state safe?)...
Anyways ya can play emu's on 11 with HB which will spend yr time till arm9hax will be released on 11(if it even

You better get to it then. Nintendo will probably be removing it soon. Now that its publicly known.

will happen) or untill youll have money for hardmod which is less expensive then buying games...
Meh, it was just a thought experiment. Fairly low-priority. If my little brother wants arm9loaderhax that badly, he can pay for a hardmod himself. I already gave him a free system and nine cartridge games :P

But maybe it'll help someone else out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins