Homebrew System transfer without updating, Is it possible? 9.9.0.26U FW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, still I doubt that is his problem since you can access the transfer app with hans on 9.6+. Or I assume so since you said you tested as far as seeing if it bypassed the check.

D

Deleted User

Huh, still I doubt that is his problem since you can access the transfer app with hans on 9.6+. Or I assume so since you said you tested as far as seeing if it bypassed the check.
I was saying that it might be working fine for you on 9.9 as you updated with a cartridge, which wouldn't update the System Transfer app. Also, I actually haven't been able to get it to run with HANS on my 10.2 NAND either. The only confirmation I have that the 9.6+ patch bypasses the check is from smea when discussing it on IRC a while back.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So smea said it bypasses the check, but no one has been able to confirm independantly because you can't get HANS to open the app for configuration?

You get the same red screen error?

D

Deleted User

So smea said it bypasses the check, but no one has been able to confirm independantly because you can't get HANS to open the app for configuration?

You get the same red screen error?
Yes. Although it does work to select it for other apps like braindump, so it's likely a HANS thing.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Although it does work to select it for other apps like braindump, so it's likely a HANS thing.
So the error definitely affects 9.9+, but likely not 9.6 at least or smea wouldn't be able to confidently say the patch works for 9.6+

D

Deleted User

So the error definitely affects 9.9+, but likely not 9.6 at least or smea wouldn't be able to confidently say the patch works for 9.6+
I'll have to check back with him to see what firmware he tested it on before and confirm how it went.

Uring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So if I use an ol3ds on 9.2 and a new on 9.4 to do the sytem transfer it should work because there is not 9.6+ encryption?

D

Deleted User

So if I use an ol3ds on 9.2 and a new on 9.4 to do the sytem transfer it should work because there is not 9.6+ encryption?
It's more about differing System Transfer versions, but if you use the 9.0-9.5 patch then yes, they should bypass the update check and transfer.

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are the files for this public anywhere? Because I want to transfer from my N3DS XL to my Smaller Animal Crossing N3DS. neither which is on the latest update and I don't plan to update either of them.

Reactions: kiwiis

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad testing has proved I'm just not an idiot :P
Also, don't think these files can be shared.
You can dump the sys trans files with braindump + follow what Steveice said to make a patched version.

Last edited by Acryt,
D

Deleted User

smea just updated the *hax payloads, and I can confirm HANS loads with System Transfer now on my 10.2.0-28U NAND. Those who it red-screened for, see if it works after reinstalling *hax.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Acryt,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to download manually, the installer is the same. Just rerun the *hax installer.
Ran menuhax 2.0 installer and installed from there, and still red screen when booting sys trans through hans on my n3ds. i'll try my o3ds now.

edit: All good now, just had to reboot the system completely. Both work now, gonna do the transfer!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My n3ds xl gets "an error has occured" and shuts down. hmm.. trying again. yeah, no luck. once in sys trans in the N3DS XL it does it's checking the internet to make sure it can be transfered, etc and then "An error has occured." and shuts down.

The o3ds is sitting here fine though waiting for a system to be ready to receive the content, though.

edit: hmm, even without using the .code I get the same error as above

Last edited by Acryt,
D

Deleted User

Ran menuhax 2.0 installer and installed from there, and still red screen when booting sys trans through hans on my n3ds. i'll try my o3ds now.

edit: All good now, just had to reboot the system completely. Both work now, gonna do the transfer!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My n3ds xl gets "an error has occured" and shuts down. hmm.. trying again. yeah, no luck. once in sys trans in the N3DS XL it does it's checking the internet to make sure it can be transfered, etc and then "An error has occured." and shuts down.

The o3ds is sitting here fine though waiting for a system to be ready to receive the content, though.

edit: hmm, even without using the .code I get the same error as above
Can you give an image of the "error has occurred screen"?

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give an image of the "error has occurred screen"?
will get one as soon as I get back into it, I'm resetting my connection settings to rule that out as it seems it's an issue related to connectivity i'm presuming even though internet features seem to be connected and fine, such as eshop.

Okay, that fixed it.

Last edited by Acryt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol