Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tried my best to pretin the V2 while i wait for my v2 switch. Hope i didn’t broke it though. I had to redo the SP1 because I’m stupid. I bridges both pads so I had to use some solder wick to redo them. I honestly thought it melted. Did I do alright?

To much solder on sp2 , i think you will have difficulties when you will try to align , buy some solder wick ,use the right amount of flux and remove the excess solder if is the case.

Last edited by Modificatorul,
Reactions: DBsss

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Guys out of experience, is it better to pre tin or not,
I am getting my chips tommorow if it passes customs
And will start right on
For the anchor points im not going to pre tin,
Im talking about all the rest

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guys out of experience, is it better to pre tin or not,
I am getting my chips tommorow if it passes customs
And will start right on
For the anchor points im not going to pre tin,
Im talking about all the rest

Better to pretinn qsb less stress on the cpu caps but only if you can control the solder flow and hight , if not do everything in place.

It must be hehehe

The nordic nails are safer and strongher then high quality steel if you manage to see where you need to create pressure and they are antistatic. @linuxares your ideea is not bad and chances of esd damage are slim if your are chareful, but better safe then sorry.

Last edited by Modificatorul,

S_Sustain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What process or steps did u use?
I did this..

Pre flight checks - Confirmed I was running SXOS 3.0.4 and was at 10.0.4 in both OFW and CFW.

1. Booted to OFW
2. Applied the pending 10.1.0 update.
3. Booted to OFW again and checked that it had updated to 10.1.0 - Success!
4. Downloaded the 10.1.0 update (couldn't find it in the usual places, but found it on Gdrive linked from a Reddit post)
5. Copied update to my SD card (had to remove SD to copy it as I couldn't copy it via Tinfoil's file browser)
6. Booted to CFW EmuNand and installed Choi v1.02
7. Used Choi to update to 10.1.0. Was good to see that Choi does a bunch of integrity checks before it flashes :-D
8. Rebooted to CFW and checked that it had updated to 10.1.0 - Success!

Everything looks good so far. I checked a few games and they ran fine. I haven't had to mess with SigPatches or anything yet.

Last edited by S_Sustain,

cutrich123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally think this SX core is a best thing ever happened in Switch community. I am from US region and i found an ebay seller was sellingat $65, and I received the package 3 days later and seriously, i spent nearly a day to install SX core chip, soldering point is so small that you won't be able to see with your eyes. I had to use a Microscope and zoomed it to 50x times to see all 4 soldering points. Here are my advices:
1/ If you are from USA region, you can search on this item on ebay. Buy it now before it goes away. I am pretty sure that Nintendo will go after these Ebay seller soon or later.
2/ If you can find someone to do soldering part, let them do it, and i, myself, will never bother to do it again. It is a heck of a job, I think paying $50 for 4 soldering points is totally worth it.

BTW, i'm a noob to this community. I bought a brand new Mariko switch few days ago, and voila, i now have a hacked Switch. I found all information needed from this forum. Thanks guys!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I personally this modchip is a best thing ever happened in Modchip community. I luckily found an ebay seller Was selling it at $65, and received the package in 3 days. Couldnt be happier after spent nearly a days, to solder all 4 points to Mariko SWitch

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason. I installed sx core v2, it seems fine. It booted and updated the sx core but it turned off suddenly. Now it’s just stuck in green led. Can anyone help me?

cutrich123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason. I installed sx core v2, it seems fine. It booted and updated the sx core but it turned off suddenly. Now it’s just stuck in green led. Can anyone help me?
If you let it stays for 5 minutes and still showing green led, from my experience, you need to open it up and solder 4 points again to make sure a proper connection.

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

If your soldering is good, go to the manufacturer web site , and read about the flashing the core with usb debug cable, maybe will help.

LilShah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So can i safely update to 10.1.0 before installing the core? I'm on 10.0.4 and the chip should be arriving in the next few days.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to redo the soldering. Now it’s just stuck on bluescreen lol. Anyone knows what’s the problem?

D0E2D3C1-B989-4A42-9810-51BB54D182DF.jpeg

Last edited by Akira,

cutrich123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to redo the soldering. Now it’s just stuck on bluescreen lol. Anyone knows what’s the problem?

I took me nearly a day to install the chip. i attempted 5-6 times to get it right. I had to remove flex cable, clean it up and do it all over again. From my experience,

Red / Purlish LED - will boot normal to Nintendo screen - does not detect the modchip.
Blue LED - from other posts, it may take up to 2 minutes to see LED color changing from Blue to Green. If it takes more than 2 minutes, likely soldering joints are no good.
Green led - means it is good working - will get an Angry Boot.dat face.

Hope it helps.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took me nearly a day to install the chip. i attempted 5-6 times to get it right. I had to remove flex cable, clean it up and do it all over again. From my experience,

Red / Purlish LED - will boot normal to Nintendo screen - does not detect the modchip.
Blue LED - from other posts, it may take up to 2 minutes to see LED color changing from Blue to Green. If it takes more than 2 minutes, likely soldering joints are no good.
Green led - means it is good working - will get an Angry Boot.dat face.

Hope it helps.
Mine is bluescreen. not blue led. The led is just green, and the screen is BsoD.

@ModderFokker619 will you be able to fix this?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oof thats actual damage to the console
What could it be? Can solder splashes do this kind of damage? I saw something in the mico sd card board that looks like a solder splash. Haven't tried removing because I'm afraid to damage it more.

Thejigmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could it be? Can solder splashes do this kind of damage? I saw something in the mico sd card board that looks like a solder splash. Haven't tried removing because I'm afraid to damage it more.

Could be many different things https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Panic_codes

Things to check, traces that run to the charge chip, charge port, game card reader, wifi chip and check the video lcd ribbon cable and connector.

Is It instant blue screen or Nintendo logo and then blue screen? If it's unfixable without having to use a donor board there's still hope as I sent in two switch lites under warranty to Ninty both with evidence they had been opened/soldered on and one of them has already been replaced with a refurbished unit which will be here Monday.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be many different things https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Panic_codes

Things to check, traces that run to the charge chip, charge port, game card reader, wifi chip and check the video lcd ribbon cable and connector.

Is It instant blue screen or Nintendo logo and then blue screen? If it's unfixable without having to use a donor board there's still hope as I sent in two switch lites under warranty to Ninty both with evidence they had been opened/soldered on and one of them has already been replaced with a refurbished unit which will be here Monday.
Instant. I'm trying to get a return/refund as we speak but the thing is this was purchased as a gift from amazon.ae(where I am right now).

driven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Akira,
Judging from your pic, you shorted the left side cap. Your solder runs over the top of the cap and connects both sides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: :grog: