Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Why is everyone so hyped about this piece of crap game ? seriously, the anime is not bad, i like sword slashing and fighting and video gaming but seriously, this game is a disappointment, you all should stop crying about it NOT being translated, seriously you guys could've taken classes in Japanese and finished the game already while waiting for a "PATCH".

Reactions: signz

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At least, he is doing and releasing something.
"That work" is helping us, not like yours ;) .
I don't like crappy work, they did an horrible job with the official translation of Hollow Fragment, I don't see why it should be the same with Infinity Moment.
Also, you should know that I dislike partial patches for multiple reasons that I've already said too much here.

You'll be able to play the game a little with his work (and I almost wrote "patch" but he's distributing the full iso which is an insult to all of us Romhacker who try to do things correctly because Romhacking in its essence is in the grey area of justice) But you'll have your dreams crushed because most of those patches never comes to an end. He'll do what he can and he'll get stuck at some point (and since I've worked on that game, I know exactly where he'll have issues.)

For my part, I actually buy the game I translate because it's also our work to support the devs who actually made the game. If everyone just pirate why would they even import the game in the first place if it doesn't sell because of piracy ?
If you want an example.

tl;dr: I only do patches for myself on games I want to play. You playing it is really just a bonus.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't like crappy work, they did an horrible job with the official translation of Hollow Fragment, I don't see why it should be the same with Infinity Moment.
Also, you should know that I dislike partial patches for multiple reasons that I've already said too much here.

You'll be able to play the game a little with his work (and I almost wrote "patch" but he's distributing the full iso which is an insult to all of us Romhacker who try to do things correctly because Romhacking in its essence is in the grey area of justice) But you'll have your dreams crushed because most of those patches never comes to an end. He'll do what he can and he'll get stuck at some point (and since I've worked on that game, I know exactly where he'll have issues.)

For my part, I actually buy the game I translate because it's also our work to support the devs who actually made the game. If everyone just pirate why would they even import the game in the first place if it doesn't sell because of piracy ?
If you want an example.

tl;dr: I only do patches for myself on games I want to play. You playing it is really just a bonus.

Talking about legality...

This package is for you:

"A popular belief in the fan translation community is that distributing only a binary patch, which must be applied to the full, original game, is legal. The reasoning is that the patch only contains the new data and directives for where it is to be placed, and does not have the original copyrighted material included in any form, and therefore it is useless unless the user applies it to a (copyrighted) ROM, the acquisition and legality of which they are left completely accountable for. This belief is untested in court. Regardless, the patch must still contain a translated script that is derived from the copyrighted script of the original"
Source: Wikipedia

"Copyright is the sole and exclusive right of a copyright owner to produce, reproduce, perform, publish, adapt, translate and telecommunicate a work, and to control the circumstances in which others may do any of these things. Copyright owners grant permission to others through what are legally referred to as licences."
Source: UBC

"Translations are a derivative work, and only the copyright owner can authorize a translation that will be distributed. This envisions a work that is translated into another language and distributed in the parts of the world where that language is spoken. Derivative works are infringing if they are not created with the permission of the copyright holder. Thus, a work of fiction or a best-selling biography cannot be translated into French and distributed without the original author or copyright holder’s permission. If the author authorizes a French translation, the author owns the copyright in the translation since it is a work for hire. According to the statute, for a work for hire, the employing party is the author. In fact, the translator’s name may not even be revealed in the work."
Source: Copyright Act

So by these terms, any derivative work (i.e. Translation) without permission from original owners are illegal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And he already know that, that's why he said it's already in a "grey area", so people providing ISO instead of patches could make it bad for all future "grey" activities (all translation groups, not only video games) if copyright owners start taking action about all translation project regardless of the way you provide it.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
And he already know that, that's why he said it's already in a "grey area", so people providing ISO instead of patches could make it bad for future "grey" activities if copyright owners start taking action about all translation project regardless of the way you provide it.

To the law, uploading a ISO is the same as uploading a patch... illegal.

So distributing a iso = distributing a patch.

Stop complaining on people uploading a ISO.

Don't come here with a double standard ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By the law, I agree.
But with a patch, you can't do much if you don't own the game, while with distributing the ISO you could play the game without buying it. it's probably why it's in "grey" area and why copyright owners didn't take actions for all projects (only the one they decided could hurt their images). But I won't say that what I think is correct, I'm no lawyer and it's not the subject of this thread. Providing the ISO will get the website in trouble, while providing a patch is (currently) not. that's all we noticed. If copyright owner ask us to remove a project, we will do it. We already received c&d letters from gaming (and other) companies and have always taken action in that sense.

I will not stop complaining if users upload or link ISO on this forum.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So distributing a iso = distributing a patch.

Stop complaining on people uploading a ISO.

Don't come here with a double standard ;)
That's not what your own link said. Posting a patch is untried in court, but potentially legal, hence "grey area". Posting an ISO is entirely illegal.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
That's not what your own link said. Posting a patch is untried in court, but potentially legal, hence "grey area". Posting an ISO is entirely illegal.
Wasn't my link, it was exorcizamus's link.

I am just giving my feedback about some people acting like "What we do is legally, what you do is not".

Everyone here violates the law at some degree.

Just stop having a double standard :wink:

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I honestly hate fights and/or discussions that lead to nowhere.

I just want to ask some users to stop discussing about piracy and respect TEH HULES. Isn't that hard, seriously.

Thankz!

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If we go by copyright on every side, i would say that every game would literally cost billions, just by paying redistribution rights, as, let's take for an example sao, they will pay the VN owner, then the art makers, then sony for using their platform, then the Devs themselfs for doing the work, and that's expecting people won't warez it, why do you think that the game wasn't localized yet ? did you download the game and play it ? or was it because it's japanese and you can't play it ? non localized games lead to less warez, thus more local(yeah, even though they DO understand japanese they do support the devs) and international sales.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember beating the game last year, it was in april and I didn't know japanese too well.I loved the ANIME but once I played the game it was......meh.....
I was expecting a fast paced action rpg but instead we got that slow attack.I feel like those who haven't played the game yet only make excuses to avoid playing it until there is an english localization because they don't want to struggle soo much with japanese.I didn't know japanese and I still finished it so that's not a valid excuse! Also pay respect to Stormyu, omarrrio, sporky mcforkinspoon and all the others because at least they started this, they showed you that it was possible but they never did say they'll do it 100%, if they wanna drop it the fine.Now that I know a little japanese I can understand better the story but the game is still.....meh.....
The gameplay is just.....

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Why is everyone so hyped about this piece of crap game ? seriously, the anime is not bad, i like sword slashing and fighting and video gaming but seriously, this game is a disappointment, you all should stop crying about it NOT being translated, seriously you guys could've taken classes in Japanese and finished the game already while waiting for a "PATCH".

The hype is because 2nd season of anime, and people like me, who waited 1 year for a menu/item/quest patch to play :( .

If we go by copyright on every side, i would say that every game would literally cost billions, just by paying redistribution rights, as, let's take for an example sao, they will pay the VN owner, then the art makers, then sony for using their platform, then the Devs themselfs for doing the work, and that's expecting people won't warez it, why do you think that the game wasn't localized yet ? did you download the game and play it ? or was it because it's japanese and you can't play it ? non localized games lead to less warez, thus more local(yeah, even though they DO understand japanese they do support the devs) and international sales.

Yeah i downloaded it... (i am a pirate :huh: hehe). I understand your point of view, and you're right. Games are a business we like it or not.

I remember beating the game last year, it was in april and I didn't know japanese too well.I loved the ANIME but once I played the game it was......meh.....
I was expecting a fast paced action rpg but instead we got that slow attack.I feel like those who haven't played the game yet only make excuses to avoid playing it until there is an english localization because they don't want to struggle soo much with japanese.I didn't know japanese and I still finished it so that's not a valid excuse! Also pay respect to Stormyu, omarrrio, sporky mcforkinspoon and all the others because at least they started this, they showed you that it was possible but they never did say they'll do it 100%, if they wanna drop it the fine.Now that I know a little japanese I can understand better the story but the game is still.....meh.....
The gameplay is just.....

The game grow on you the more you like the Anime :)

I will be releasing a patch from exorcizamus's iso. So everything will be "legally".
Should i release the patch on a new forum post, or on this post?

P.S.: "Legally"="Legally to this site" (xDelta)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it will depend how you make the patch.
Games with encrypted files can't produce patches without official data in it. a simple xDelta over the full ISO will not be allowed here, but a xDelta over the decrypted file or decrypted ISO should be fine. Translating the menu shouldn't take more than 2MB. if you patch is bigger you are doing it wrong.

If you create a patch, you will have to follow the method I told one or two pages back, or find a way to automate the process without including data not created by the translation team.
The best choice will be to ask existing teams how they do or plan to do it, and what's the best way to release patches for encrypted games.

As for the place to release it, maybe you should wait for a playable and polished version, with a proper way to create the patch, before talking about a release.

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina
it will depend how you make the patch.
Games with encrypted files can't produce patches without official data in it. a simple xDelta over the full ISO will not be allowed here, but a xDelta over the decrypted file or decrypted ISO should be fine. Translating the menu shouldn't take more than 2MB. if you patch is bigger you are doing it wrong.

If you create a patch, you will have to follow the method I told one or two pages back, or find a way to automate the process without including data not created by the translation team.
The best choice will be to ask existing teams how they do or plan to do it, and what's the best way to release patches for encrypted games.

I don't know what you mean about encrypted iso. The iso is already decrypted. You can't translate the iso if you don't decrypt it. Using xDelta with full iso (encrypted) with the patched iso (decrypted)??

Do you mean, the decrypted data "install.dat"? The install.dat is in cpk format, so is already decrypted. The patch is bigger (600mb) because its not only a menu patch, is quest/items/menu/battle messages.

Please explain how do you want it to be.

As for the place to release it, maybe you should wait for a playable and polished version, with a proper way to create the patch, before talking about a release.

Let us decide when we want to release it. If people want a fan translation with grammar errors but playable at least, and not japanese, they will download it, if not, they will wait for a "perfect" translation that will never come ;) . (Did i say i waited 1 year for something like that ??)

Assuming that everything is fine, Should i release the patch on a new forum post, or on this post?

JCAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You should let us decide that. This kind of game is made for people that enjoyed the anime. Chances are that who enjoyed the anime will enjoy the game too.

Reactions: luckymouse0

JCAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add some thoughts on the matter of ISO and what is legal and what is not... (not trying to defy the rules of this website or the group ideology, this is just my honest opinion)

A game that is not localized/translated officially = will not sell on that region. With or without fan translation. Period. (If anyone can prove me wrong, please feel free to do so and I will take back what I said)

I can understand why the website doesn't want to provide ISO's, they want to play it on the safe side and avoid legal action, but in the end, what does it matter? 99,9% of the people that come here for the translation patch didn't buy the game, and they will not buy the game. So why not provide already patched ISO's and make everyone life convenient? One way or another, they will get the game illegaly. After all, it's a lot more convenient to download the game than getting it all over from Japan.

Fuwanovel is a website that provides Visual Novels already translated and patched, and as far as I know, they were never bothered by any studio. Hell, I bet they are responsible for the ocidental increasing interest on VN's. Mangagamer catch on to this and now is releasing VN's on Steam and the studio that made Grisaia trilogy is raising a kickstarter project to bring their games to the ocident.

tl;dr: In the end, will the creators of these games give a crap about how you guys release the translation? I doubt it. If they don't like what you guys are doing, they will ask you to close down the project, ISO or no ISO.

Reactions: luckymouse0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up