Two Sword Art Online games will be making their way to the Nintendo Switch

In 2016 we saw the release of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, an action RPG game based upon on the highly popular at the time anime and light novel series. Earlier this year, publisher Bandai Namco also released another game based on the franchise, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. It was revealed at TGS 2018 that both of these titles would be arriving on the Nintendo Switch sometime in the future in both Japanese and English. Additionally, Fatal Bullet would be getting its own DLC expansion pack on all platforms, and another entry in the series, Lost Song, would make its way to Steam/PC.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
At risk of being an unpopular opinion, the only SAO game I've enjoyed is Fatal Bullet. Mainly because one actually plays their own character instead of a reskinned Kirito, and the gameplay is essentially Freedom Wars. The plot is kind of stupid, though. Especially the shenanigans you have to go through for the proper ending.

I personally embrace this. I'll take a switch version since it's portable, won't use denuvo and can be played on the go.

Give me Dothack over SAO anyday , I miss that franchise. At least I managed to pick up the GU collection on PS4.

Y'know, I bet Last Recode could run on the switch. Bamco is missing a port opportunity here.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to like the SAO games, but they tried too hard to be an offline game in an online world, while also being mediocre RPGs. The first one was just a clutter of skill spam and you started out at like level 50 because reasons? Couldn't get into that. One of the best things about RPGs is leveling up from level 1 - not starting out with a ton of skills. Lost Song feels pretty dull. I haven't played Hollow Realization to be honest... Fatal Bullet is manages to be different and somewhat interesting, but in the genre of shooters it feels lackluster. All of them suffer from the same flaw that they are set in this fictional online world, yet have limited or no online functionality.

I think they would have been better off making an actual MMO out of SAO. They could have been much truer to the anime and it would be a lot more satisfying grouping with people for raids and such instead of dealing with garbage AI.

It's kind of like if you took One Piece and made it RPG... I suppose it kind of works, but it's not the most natural genre for the series so everything would feel just a bit off.

Reactions: Full Metal

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't judge other people's opinion, how you judge Fatal Bullet?
I'm bit curious...
Never played it. I was making a joke that since it is a shooting game, if its an insult to all shooting games then it would be insulting itself.
Also, I never judged your opinion, I simply made a joke.

EDIT: To be fair though, from what I have seen from the game it isn't like most other shooters, so I 100% respect your opinion (which I already did anyway).

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the idea behind the first one where you had to climb the tower and fight the bosses at the end of each floor because the bosses were actually a challenge and took some time and skill to beat(at least for me i made the mistake of soloing the whole game because i didnt know you could invite npcs to party) but i wouldve killed to start at level 1 and floor 1 as a custom character. Thats the sword art online id throw money at to play. Theres potential in the general game idea but its fallen down the same road as the anime.

Fatal bullet was decent although new game plus was pretty upseting since i had a dual LMG build that was nerfed on starting the new cycle since it removes the ability to dual wield things to later in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep: