Hacking COMPLETED SwitchBru DNS Update v4.0.0 Public Beta

D

Deleted-351540

Are you logging in via linking an account to a user, or by clicking "Already have a user?"? Because you're supposed to do it by linking an account, as users are separate things.
Is a NNID required? I have one, but I have not linked that to my Switch yet.

I don't see any way to link an account in the SwitchBru settings. I've gone to the webpage but all I get is an option to login.

Going back to create a new account using the exact same email address gets me the error: "The provided email address is already in use".

¯\_(ツ)\_/¯

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is a NNID required? I have one, but I have not linked that to my Switch yet.

I don't see any way to link an account in the SwitchBru settings. I've gone to the webpage but all I get is an option to login.

Going back to create a new account using the exact same email address gets me the error: "The provided email address is already in use".

¯\_(ツ)\_/¯
Hm, where are you logging in to your account exactly? Can you show me a picture maybe?

You're supposed to create a user, and then it will prompt you to link your account - otherwise you can log in to your SwitchBru account from the user page if you haven't already linked it.

If you're clicking "Already have an account?" that's incorrect.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Per some users' requests, I've moved the custom links to the top. I hope that makes it easier for some of you. :)

If you'd like to have more custom links available, let me know (or like this comment...? Whichever is easier) and I'll see if enough people want it.

Reactions: Beldum
D

Deleted-351540

Hm, where are you logging in to your account exactly? Can you show me a picture maybe?

You're supposed to create a user, and then it will prompt you to link your account - otherwise you can log in to your SwitchBru account from the user page if you haven't already linked it.

If you're clicking "Already have an account?" that's incorrect.
Steps I'm taking:

1. Use smartphone to create account
2. On Switch, modify DNS settings and connect
3. Use browser to access SwitchBru.com/accounts
4. Attempt to login, fail
5. Look for a way to link account, fail
6. Get frustrated and change DNS settings back
7. Come here for advice.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Steps I'm taking:

1. Use smartphone to create account
2. On Switch, modify DNS settings and connect
3. Use browser to access SwitchBru.com/accounts
4. Attempt to login, fail
5. Look for a way to link account, fail
6. Get frustrated and change DNS settings back
7. Come here for advice.
Ohhh okay, you're doing it wrong. That's not your fault!

So what you're meant to do to use your account is:

1. Connect to the DNS, as you've done
2. On the page you land on, click the button that says "Click here to try it!" referring to the beta. If you can't see it, head to the news channel and scroll to the bottom where there is also a link.
3. On this page, click the new user icon at the top right, and follow the steps to create a new user.
4. It will ask you to link your SwitchBru Account at the end.

Sorry I made it unclear!! Let me know if you have success.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, I just added two (somewhat) commonly requested features:
You can now unlink your SwitchBru Account from a user, and you can also now log out of your user (and delete your IP address from the servers). As long as its linked to a SwitchBru Account, you can log back in again - otherwise, the user will be deleted. :)

I hope they're useful, even if kinda minor!

Edit: I also moved the custom links to the top of that section, to make them easier to access (which was also suggested to me). :D

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here, have you found some way to fix that yet?
There is no fix. See https://gbatemp.net/threads/importa...ges-to-block-web-applets-from-working.502431/

Hey everyone, I just added two (somewhat) commonly requested features:
You can now unlink your SwitchBru Account from a user, and you can also now log out of your user (and delete your IP address from the servers). As long as its linked to a SwitchBru Account, you can log back in again - otherwise, the user will be deleted. :)

I hope they're useful, even if kinda minor!

Edit: I also moved the custom links to the top of that section, to make them easier to access (which was also suggested to me). :D

It's safe to assume that unless we're actively ON the DNS webpage, we won't get message notifications, right?

Reactions: Ep8Script and xKaii

Beldum

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Per some users' requests, I've moved the custom links to the top. I hope that makes it easier for some of you. :)

If you'd like to have more custom links available, let me know (or like this comment...? Whichever is easier) and I'll see if enough people want it.

Thanks for the change, its more useful now. It would be nice to put more links, I guess because I'm one of those people who have many tabs open and many bookmarks in their browser. XD

One question, is there a way to put a button that returns you to the home page of the menu while you use the browser? It's silly but when you have been using the internet for a while and want to go back to the Google search engine or want to go to one of your saved links on the SwitchBru page, you have to either press B several times back or remove and set the browser again, losing time.

Reactions: Ep8Script

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no fix. See https://gbatemp.net/threads/importa...ges-to-block-web-applets-from-working.502431/

It's safe to assume that unless we're actively ON the DNS webpage, we won't get message notifications, right?
Unfortunately, yeah... we'll see.

And yes, that's correct. Still good enough I guess

Thanks for the change, its more useful now. It would be nice to put more links, I guess because I'm one of those people who have many tabs open and many bookmarks in their browser. XD

One question, is there a way to put a button that returns you to the home page of the menu while you use the browser? It's silly but when you have been using the internet for a while and want to go back to the Google search engine or want to go to one of your saved links on the SwitchBru page, you have to either press B several times back or remove and set the browser again, losing time.

Good to hear! And alright I guess that settles it, I might add three more custom links later today. You'll see when it goes live randomly, just keep an eye out for it.

Unfortunately there's not - we can't control the browser itself. Pressing B is or exiting is the only way to do it. Sorry about that!

Beldum

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good to hear! And alright I guess that settles it, I might add three more custom links later today. You'll see when it goes live randomly, just keep an eye out for it.

Unfortunately there's not - we can't control the browser itself. Pressing B is or exiting is the only way to do it. Sorry about that!

Thanks for the three new links, I will use them as soon as they are available. :)

On the menu button, do not worry, I already imagined that you could not touch that interface to put the button.

The browser and the interface are really great and I use it a lot when I do not have access to my laptop or when I want to consult anything before going to sleep, even for some guide or doubt about a game.

Thank you for working and improving the project every day. :lol:

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the three new links, I will use them as soon as they are available. :)

On the menu button, do not worry, I already imagined that you could not touch that interface to put the button.

The browser and the interface are really great and I use it a lot when I do not have access to my laptop or when I want to consult anything before going to sleep, even for some guide or doubt about a game.

Thank you for working and improving the project every day. :lol:
Thanks! I love using the browser too. This update is almost done and I'm going to move on to the next update soon, after I take a break once this one goes live. Thanks for being a user. :)

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Tried asking on another thread but got no response.

Currently on 4.1 and have NOT connected it online yet. Haven't messed with DNS settings yet either. I've only turned it on to create a profile. Would it be wise to leave it alone for now(at least until Atmosphere is released), or should I go in and set DNS? It requires you to connect in order to do that though, correct? Just asking for a little advice :)

deanspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept getting the message requiring an update and did as suggested going into maintenance mode by holding + - & power. The first time it didn't work but I tried it a second time and after that it no longer gives me a message to update and I can now access SwitchBru and the internet. So maybe for those that it didn't work with, try it a second or third time. I'm on 3.0.1.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wath there be a SB Friend Code exchange thread lol
Lol that'd be great. If anybody wants to, feel free to share your friend codes here. We might do Friend Corner meetups in the future (and if anybody has ideas to add to the Friend Corner, shoot them at me).

Quick question. Tried asking on another thread but got no response.

Currently on 4.1 and have NOT connected it online yet. Haven't messed with DNS settings yet either. I've only turned it on to create a profile. Would it be wise to leave it alone for now(at least until Atmosphere is released), or should I go in and set DNS? It requires you to connect in order to do that though, correct? Just asking for a little advice :)
It's up to you. This DNS blocks updates so it'd be safe to use, and even if you do go online and happen to update or get stuck with the super nag, 4.1 isn't really anymore useful to homebrew anyway, and plus if you're not going online anyway, the worst that could happen if you don't update is the super nag, which stops you from entering the browser - which you're not doing anyway. So I would suggest just trying it. :D

Will this work with my Wii U?
Lol, you should give it a try and let me know!

I kept getting the message requiring an update and did as suggested going into maintenance mode by holding + - & power. The first time it didn't work but I tried it a second time and after that it no longer gives me a message to update and I can now access SwitchBru and the internet. So maybe for those that it didn't work with, try it a second or third time. I'm on 3.0.1.
Oh nice! Don't think that necessarily would apply to everybody with the Super Nag(TM), but still awesome nonetheless.

deanspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice! Don't think that necessarily would apply to everybody with the Super Nag(TM), but still awesome nonetheless.
I Agree, I am just learning about the super nag as I am currently reading about it in another thread. Hope they solve the problem soon, so I can continue to explore SwitchBru and other things I wanted to do. Thanks for your work on SwitchBru!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol