Hardware Switch super underpowered according to Respawn Entertainment

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And let's not pretend XB1 doesn't do 900p@30 often.
You're forgetting the part that those games run with a lot more going on, higher textures, sound, shadowing, bloom and so on and with AA enabled wich the switch is lacking. I don't see the switch running a game like the witcher 3 or the new deus ex even in 720p

Last edited by kumikochan,

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also mention its a demo build, probably not final, and that there was pretty much only the one instance in which there was frame dipping on the Switch demo. You must be injecting something if you think that one minor thing with post-processing effects can't be fixed from a demo to the final build.
The hardware is gonna be weak, believe what you will.
They actually show two frame drops and these aren't small drops either.
The system drops a low poly/low res game down to 20FPS, that is pathetic.
When it drops to 20FPS all they are doing is running in the overworld.
If you are actually playing through a Zelda game having frame rate drops every 20 mins is going to be not fun.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Skip to 3:00.
That is the first frame rate drop they show.
I wasn't pointing out the 30fps fact, I was pointing out the frame rate drop fact.
Having frame rate drops at such a low poly game running at 900p SCREAMS WEAK HARDWARE.
I don't understand why anybody would think Nintendo would actually release a serious gamer console. You all must be smoking something.
This demo is over 1/2 year old..

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The hardware is gonna be weak, believe what you will.
They actually show two frame drops and these aren't small drops either.
The system drops a low poly/low res game down to 22FPS, that is pathetic.
Shieeet man it's at least 768GFlops or ~1TFlop relative to GCN. That's all it needs to be in order to compete with weak-ass XB1/PS4. At least it has the hybrid thing going for it, what XB1/PS4 got? Rotting on a shelf next to an older but still more powerful PC?

Yeah I figured it had to be pretty old, the build they had in Nintendo Treehouse was smooth. Can we stop trying to use "alternative facts" about Switch's performance just because we don't like Nintendo? Thanks.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: thorasgar

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't even have the demo event half a year ago.
What are you all smoking, That Nintendo fan girl weed must be some serious stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Shieeet man it's at least 768GFlops or ~1TFlop relative to GCN. That's all it needs to be in order to compete with weak-ass XB1/PS4. At least it has the hybrid thing going for it, what XB1/PS4 got? Rotting on a shelf next to an older but still more powerful PC?
Great, Enjoy your limited game selection and constant frame rate drops.
I'll pass, paid online, weak hardware, limited game library.

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't like the switch then you can turn off the switch!

for real man it is a demo and you see frame rate drop but only with a device to the naked eye it was almost completely invisible if frame rate stress you so badly build a pc and stop complaining on Nintendo switch for being creative and well polished...i mean i don't see a lot of Nintendo games lagging or being so broken it is unplayable...i got a ps4 pro and its lagging on all games iv seen so far even ark evolution it is terrible development team even on 720p option the game struggle...anyway please give the Switch a chance let the review happen then you can say whatsoever you want only 1 month 15 day left so you can breath and see if it is actually a good console ......

p.s it is not a tablet,handled it is an hybrid.

Last edited by LinkBlaBla,

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you don't like the switch then you can turn off the switch!

for real man it is a demo and you see frame rate drop but only with a device to the naked eye it was almost completely invisible if frame rate stress you so badly build a pc and stop complaining on Nintendo switch for being creative and well polished...i mean i don't see a lot of Nintendo games lagging or being so broken it is unplayable...i got a ps4 pro and its lagging on all games iv seen so far even ark evolution it is terrible development team even on 720p option the game struggle...anyway please give the Switch a chance let the review happen then you can say whatsoever you want only 1 month 15 day left so you can breath and see if it is actually a good console ......

p.s it is not a tablet,handled it is an hybrid.
You're comparing first party to 3th party ! Wii u had a lot of 3th party games that ran bad. Devil's third, sonic lost world, sonic boom ... I can go on and on. Next time compare 3th party to 3th party instead of comparing it 2 first party

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're comparing first party to 3th party ! Wii u had a lot of 3th party games that ran bad. Devil's third, sonic lost world, sonic boom ... I can go on and on. Next time compare 3th party to 3th party instead of comparing it 2 first party

wii u? why bring that thing now it is a new Nintendo console with some port of that horrible consoles the switch that we talking please forget it and don't bring it again please you know nothing about your stupid facts please stop arguing with people you making people loose nerve i mean what the point to bitch the switch so badly are you done now we all understand that you don't like Nintendo so please stop talking about it or it would mean that you still love Nintendo and you just want to prove a thing you can't prove at all and where are you proof?? is that only the stupid old news and footage about some demo...i mean wtf is that post anyway ??? i know that response a piece of crap.

edit: i was not comparing anything lol i was talking about framerate shhhhh are you ok??

Last edited by LinkBlaBla,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Great, Enjoy your limited game selection and constant frame rate drops.
I will enjoy. BotW + Has-Been Heroes is all I need until MK8, is all I need until Splatoon 2, is all I need until Mario, etc. Who said I wanted to spend a ton of money on a console all at once anyway? I'll probably get Fast RMX at launch too. ARMS and Snipperclips are in the maybe category for me.

Even you know you're talking out your ass with the frame drops stuff.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wii u? why bring that thing now it is a new Nintendo console with some port of that horrible consoles the switch that we talking please forget it and don't bring it again please you know nothing about your stupid facts please stop arguing with people you making people loose nerve i mean what the point to bitch the switch so badly are you done now we all understand that you don't like Nintendo so please stop talking about it or it would mean that you still love Nintendo and you just want to prove a thing you can't prove at all and where are you proof?? is that only the stupid old news and footage about some demo...i mean wtf is that post anyway ??? i know that response a piece of crap.
i'm bringing that up since you're comparing first party to 3th party games wich is wrong !!! I'm just giving you enough examples of 3th party games that run badly on Nintendo hardware so the big complaint that other 3.th party games run badly on other hardware compared to Nintendo hardware is invalid since you're comparing first party to 3th party and yes my friend, those are facts ;) !

Last edited by kumikochan,

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm honestly not sure why anyone would get a Nintendo console for cross platform ports.

Nintendo have a reputation for not having good 3rd party support.
They've been working at that by having high quality exclusives like bayonetta 2
But their general attitude has been to do a different thing from other platforms.

I'm personally fine with not having all the cross platforms, most of them don't interest me.
There can be the odd few games that are an exception, but I feel that having Nintendo's 1st party games are a good tradeoff.
I feel that a lot of Nintendo fans feel this way too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not sure why anyone would get a Nintendo console for cross platform ports.

But their general attitude has been to do a different thing from other platforms.

I'm personally fine with not having all the cross platforms, most of them don't interest me.
There can be the odd few games that are an exception, but I feel that having Nintendo's 1st party games are a good tradeoff.
I'm in it mostly for the first-party stuff, but there are a lot of third-party games that would benefit from having the option to be played while portable. We're still some time out from launch, but if Switch sells well, there will definitely be third-party dev interest. More indies than AAA, but that's the case for all platforms currently.

I'd re-buy at least ten different roguelikes in my Steam library on Switch, just to have them portable.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I agree with you but the problem is that the market is saturated with Nintendo fans because if it would be then the Wii U would be super succesful. The problem being that only a small minority thinks the way you do and for Nintendo to be succesful they need to adress the larger market wich they keep failing to do out of stubborness. Like i already said a couple of times in this post but people keep nagging that you're bashing Nintendo wich isn't entirely true but why people act negative towards Nintendo is because they have fond memories of their nes,snes,n64 days and want Nintendo to bring back that attitude they had back then. Most people that defend Nintendo in a die hard way are people that grew up a lot later and don't have those same memories older fans do that remember Nintendo being one of the stronger consoles and pushing Graphics and having commercials bragging about how powerfull the graphics were. Nintendo has lost most of those fans because they keep ignoring those fans and most of those people are angry for getting ignored over and over again. And if you like it or not but those people are the majority and not that small minority that keeps defending Nintendo all the way

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm bringing that up since you're comparing first party to 3th party games wich is wrong !!! I'm just giving you enough examples of 3th party games that run badly on Nintendo hardware so the big complaint that other 3.th party games run badly on other hardware compared to Nintendo hardware is invalid since you're comparing first party to 3th party and yes my friend, those are facts ;) !

I think you got a problem and that a facts!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm in it mostly for the first-party stuff, but there are a lot of third-party games that would benefit from having the option to be played while portable. We're still some time out from launch, but if Switch sells well, there will definitely be third-party dev interest. More indies than AAA, but that's the case for all platforms currently.

I'd re-buy at least ten different roguelikes in my Steam library on Switch, just to have them portable.
Nintendo didn't want to announce the Switch too early because they thought that competitors would steal their idea.
The idea is basically just a PSP with a dock (could even be streamed wirelessly) so they don't have much ground to take legal action against people copying them.
If consumers are attracted to the idea and developers are on board, it's very possible that a bigger company will make their own switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree with you but the problem is that the market is saturated with Nintendo fans because if it would be then the Wii U would be super succesful. The problem being that only a small minority thinks the way you do and for Nintendo to be succesful they need to adress the larger market wich they keep failing to do out of stubborness. Like i already said a couple of times in this post but people keep nagging that you're bashing Nintendo wich isn't entirely true but why people act negative towards Nintendo is because they have fond memories of their nes,snes,n64 days and want Nintendo to bring back that attitude they had back then. Most people that defend Nintendo in a die hard way are people that grew up a lot later and don't have those same memories older fans do that remember Nintendo being one of the stronger consoles and pushing Graphics and having commercials bragging about how powerfull the graphics were. Nintendo has lost most of those fans because they keep ignoring those fans and most of those people are angry for getting ignored over and over again. And if you like it or not but those people are the majority and not that small minority that keeps defending Nintendo all the way
Nintendo doesn't need to be big and their products don't need to be incredibly successful.
Big companies often aren't very good towards their consumers (ie. Xbox One reveal)
They just need to be big enough to keep going.
I don't think they'll ever be on top again anyway.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention, the cost of AAA are getting just flat out stupid. If they sell 10 million copies.. it's not enough to be success. At that point, perhaps scaling back is actually needed.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If consumers are attracted to the idea and developers are on board, it's very possible that a bigger company will make their own switch.
I mean, they could try, but Switch is as good as it gets in 2017 for this price anyway. Sony seems to be out of the portable game, and I doubt they'd risk a hybrid with PS4 doing so well on its own. Nvidia has already done similar stuff, and it didn't sell all too well without Nintendo's large base.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay