Hardware Switch super underpowered according to Respawn Entertainment

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except you don't know what you're talking about sadly.
Titanfall has different dynamics from Halo or even Call of Duty.
I could write quite a bit about the differences (ground combat vs "titan"/mech combat, wall gliding, etc...) but you don't seem like a person who'd actually consider it without bias.

Also since when does a game have to be original to be good ?
Mario Kart 8 is same as the old Mario Karts with some sci-fi elements (antigravity and flight) thrown in, it's gotta be bad right. /sarcasm

Can't you just like the things you like, and not bash a game type because you don't like it ?
I'm sure there's noone paying you to convince people FPS are bad, so what's with this sect attitude ? Do you want people to follow you to play the One True Games ?
What I find so disgusting in the end, both in you and the Ninty fans who are blindly bashing, is the complete lack of tolerance.
Once again i have no problem with FPS when done right. Also i played the game MYSELF so i formed my opinion around MY OWN experience. This is a forum and i shared my opinion, you seem alittle too triggered by it. IM SURE THERES NOONE PAYING YOU to campaign for a awful game so vigorously.

Nintendo fans are blindly bashing? or are they bashing based off past experiences and failed consoles? i love Nintendo but the Switch will fail because they repeat the same mistakes. Sounds like you don't like the truth.

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once again i have no problem with FPS when done right. Also i played the game MYSELF so i formed my opinion around MY OWN experience. This is a forum and i shared my opinion, you seem alittle too triggered by it. IM SURE THERES NOONE PAYING YOU to campaign for a awful game so vigorously.

Nintendo fans are blindly bashing? or are they bashing based off past experiences and failed consoles? i love Nintendo but the Switch will fail because they repeat the same mistakes. Sounds like you don't like the truth.
Some people on here are really mean :(

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OT as fuck just because.
How good is Titanfall 2 actually? Do you recommend it?
I know I live under a rock, but I saw it yesterday with gold discount and it looked entertaining.
Do you think it will be interesting for someone that would probably only play the campaign?
Campaign is good, but really short (5-7 hours). The multiplayer doesn't appeal to me in comparison to Overwatch and KF2. I'd say wait for a sale, it's not worth full price.

Last edited by Xzi,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People who bought previously Nintendo consoles probably won't but seeing how much of a succes the Wii U was it seems most people do ! 3th party support is everything if a console wants to be succesful, without 3th party support it won't. No developer wants to downgrade games to 720p and 900p without the use of anti aliasing in 2017 and even cutting sound quality and so forth to make it fit a switch cartridge and even less going forward to the future.
stop saying theyll have to downgrade to 900p, its fake info.
Switch does support 1080p, only thing we know so far is that BOTW will run at 900p.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Campaign is good, but really short (5-7 hours). The multiplayer doesn't appeal to me in comparison to Overwatch and KF2. I'd say wait for a sale, it's not worth full price.
It's already on sale. 34 on Origin or 74 for the Deluxe edition combined with battlefied 1 deluxed edition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

stop saying theyll have to downgrade to 900p, its fake info.
Switch does support 1080p, only thing we know so far is that BOTW will run at 900p.
And splatoon 2 does run in 720p docked. And mario is running in 720p docked. Arms is running in 720p docked. Xenoblade 2 is running in 720p. No fake info, i'm sorry ;)

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: DrkBeam

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
its a fps...call of duty/halo clone..... not even close to a good game

Lol, that's not what your original post says :P . But if I consider only your last message I'm ok with your opinion :creep:
Also I really don't know what you mean with your last paragraph, I personally think Nintendo's marketing so far for the Switch is terrible.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's already on sale. 34 on Origin or 74 for the Deluxe edition combined with battlefied 1 deluxed edition.
Almost worth it I guess, just not worth installing Origin for.

And splatoon 2 does run 720p. And mario is running in 720p
Both will run at 1080p once released, ofc. These are both a long way off. If you want some 1080p release titles, I'm betting both Fast RMX and Redout run at that resolution.

Last edited by Xzi,

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Almost worth it I guess, just not worth installing Origin for.

Both will run at 1080p once released, ofc. These are both a long way off.
Give me link where Nintendo is stating it will be ? Because at the moment it's running in 720p with no anouncements made for a higher resolution. So give me a link since i need facts ! Facts facts facts

Reactions: DrkBeam

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Give me link where Nintendo is stating it will be ? Because at the moment it's running in 720p with no anouncements made for a higher resolution. So give me a link since i need facts ! Facts facts facts
The only two facts you need are: Wii U was able to run some games 1080p@60, and Switch is potentially more powerful than Wii U even as a portable. So of course there will be 1080p games. I already listed two (Redout, Fast RMX).

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You honestly believe Mario Odyssey will be 720p? i have no faith in Nintendo, but even i don't fall for that. BOTW is low spec because it's a Wii U game that they just ported over without much work.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do yo realzie how stupid this sounds?

You honestly believe Mario Odyssey will be 720p? i have no faith in Nintendo, but even i don't fall for that. BOTW is low spec because it's a Wii U game that they just ported over without much work.
It's already been analyzed by Digital Foundry that it's running in 720P and so is Arms, Xenoblade 2 and splatoon 2. Maybe that will change in the future but at the moment those are the facts.

Last edited by kumikochan,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if it's 30 seconds long or 1 hour long. The resolution doesn't magicly increase by making the trailer longer
I don't think the length was the point.

The point was that it is merely a demo which will likely not reflect the final game (which comes out in a year fyi)

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
uh...ya but over a year of work will...

are you serious or just trolling?
I'm dead serious. He also stated the game is actually finished but they want to release games steadily over the year. Why is it so hard to accept facts ?
Are those games running in 720p at the moment ? YES
Can those resolutions change over time ? YES
FACTS !

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fast RMX for Switch, 1080p@60:

I'm dead serious. He also stated the game is actually finished but they want to release games steadily over the year. Why is it so hard to accept facts?
I've heard a statement that it was "mostly finished." Nintendo polishes visuals last. Nobody would be stupid enough to state that it's entirely done with development.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: xtheman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7