Gaming Switch of the wild female Link.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
According to Skyward Sword and several other official sources Link is more of reincarnation than bloodline, while Zelda is more about bloodline than reincarnation. Hero shade is just the remaining determination of the Hero of time, a piece of him left in the world that refuse to die. There has been several religion that incorporate this idea that a piece of someone was left in the world while the rest has passed on.
Well, then I don't agree with your theory. There's no way we could be playing a "Soul-less" or "Zombie" Link if playing with the male version.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Who is link? I aways play with Zelda.
(Brazzilian joke)
Anyway, if Cloud can dress like a woman, Zelda can too. :v

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who is link? I aways play with Zelda.
(Brazzilian joke)
Anyway, if Cloud can dress like a woman, Zelda can too. :v
Cecil was more of a girl even in his armor. Are you suggesting he is crossdressing?

Back to my theory, notice how Link must rely on runes rather than sp to use something fancy.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could work, but the only way I could rationalize that is if they were twins and when you start the game there's a cutscene of the triforce choosing one of them

Actually that could be an interesting twist, the sibling you don't choose gets pissy and power-hungry and attempts to claim the triforce of power, effectively becoming the new incarnation of Ganon

I don't buy this at all and I'm pretty sure Nintendo doing it on purpose, but if that was a female Link or Linkle then, there is no reason why the Triforce of Courage's power couldn't be shared between both of them. In fact, if the power can be shared, they wouldn't even have to be twins.

I really don't think it is tho. I feel like they would have said something by now, if Nintendo or the Zelda creator changed his mind. I don't mind a female Link or "Linkle" type character and there's no reason not to do it, especially if it just an option. He even knock down the possibility of Zelda being playable, but hey, things change.

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't do this and good thing too. I think its retarded especially since the franchise is 30 years old and has sold over 75 million. Why would Nintendo appeal to a minority of people who don't care for the game in the least. Link will and always will be a male. If you don't like then play something else.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just realized I typed switch of the wild.
Why does everyone hate having a female playable character?

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-frickin' browser glitches man-

GBAtemp alert says you quotes me. Me Sees: -frickin' browser glitches man-

Me goes: LOL

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This has nothing to do with hate for a female character. Really the question we should ask you is what do you have against a male character. Nothing? Then why are you complaining about Link being male and not female. Link is male get over it. You want to play a game with a female character, then play Metroid. People these days, can't even enjoy the fucking game for what it is, or the creative direction the creators choose.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with hate for a female character. Really the question we should ask you is what do you have against a male character. Nothing? Then why are you complaining about Link being male and not female. Link is male get over it. You want to play a game with a female character, then play Metroid. People these days, can't even enjoy the fucking game for what it is, or the creative direction the creators choose.
I have no real issue with a Link of either gender. A female Link can be easily explained with the official lore, as could Link always being male

Either way, though, as I said, this is definitely not worth getting worked up about

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no real issue with a Link of either gender. A female Link can be easily explained with the official lore, as could Link always being male

Either way, though, as I said, this is definitely not worth getting worked up about

I think I was responding to Yil on that other quote.

Also the only reason this stuff comes up are from people who are misandrists, sjws, feminist etc. and again care nothing for the game, or the characters (male or not) and are attempting to attack gamers. Quite frankly I have had enough of that shit. There lies didn't work the first time and gamers were too smart to fall for it again (this is another attempt to bring back that crap). Credit also to gamergate for kicked their ass too.

But on the other hand you are also right about this not worth getting worked up about. It wont happen anyway.

Last edited by Condarkness,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's needless pandering. The Legend of Zelda is a franchise that for 30 years has been about a boy named 'Link' and a girl named 'Zelda' and it's worked spectacularly. Why does Link suddenly need to be a girl? It's not about having a female playable character, its about being true to the franchise. For a franchise that is constantly changing things up, Link and Zelda have been constants.

I'm happy to play games with female leads, like Metroid, Bayonetta, Eternal Darkness, etc.. I don't want the next Metroid instalment to feature some dude named Sam who has his own Varia Suit, either. I'm fine with the Federation Force as a spin off, however, much like I'm fine with Hyrule Warriors as a spin off (except that those jerks didn't add Groose as a playable character; I will not rest until that injustice is righted).

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because it's needless pandering. The Legend of Zelda is a franchise that for 30 years has been about a boy named 'Link' and a girl named 'Zelda' and it's worked spectacularly. Why does Link suddenly need to be a girl? It's not about having a female playable character, its about being true to the franchise. For a franchise that is constantly changing things up, Link and Zelda have been constants.

I'm happy to play games with female leads, like Metroid, Bayonetta, Eternal Darkness, etc.. I don't want the next Metroid instalment to feature some dude named Sam who has his own Varia Suit, either. I'm fine with the Federation Force as a spin off, however, much like I'm fine with Hyrule Warriors as a spin off (except that those jerks didn't add Groose as a playable character; I will not rest until that injustice is righted).
What will Goose's weapon be, though?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lml was reading the earlier posts, but don't you guys realize,
For years, like 2-3 people in the game type wanted the D. If they make a link female, that whole Zelda-link love story shit goes down the drain, along with all the others. Unless the gender change her too:gun:. Prince zeldo?:rofl2::rofl2:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't do this and good thing too. I think its retarded especially since the franchise is 30 years old and has sold over 75 million. Why would Nintendo appeal to a minority of people who don't care for the game in the least. Link will and always will be a male. If you don't like then play something else.
"Good thing too"? Not saying it will, but you guys are so sure that only the "sjws" people want female Link and so sure it wouldn't happen.

They funny thing is, you guys are basically become the exact opposite of those people you hate so much. If this game has a female Link option or go as far as make the next Zelda game have a female Link only, are you just going play something else? I really doubt it.

I would like a female link but I can't see why it is a big deal if you can't use a female avatar in a game whose main avatar has been male for 30 years.
I don't see the big deal if you could use a female avatar in a game whose main avatar has been male for 30 years either. Things change. Zelda didn't have customization, crafting and breaking weapons for 30 years either and now look at it now.
I think I was responding to Yil on that other quote.

Also the only reason this stuff comes up are from people who are misandrists, sjws, feminist etc. and again care nothing for the game, or the characters (male or not) and are attempting to attack gamers. Quite frankly I have had enough of that shit. There lies didn't work the first time and gamers were too smart to fall for it again (this is another attempt to bring back that crap). Credit also to gamergate for kicked their ass too.

But on the other hand you are also right about this not worth getting worked up about. It wont happen anyway.
Sorry to break it to you, but not just them that want a female character. Some actual fans do too. Such a ridiculous "argument". Like saying, if anyone want a playable female character (even as just alternate of the main char) in any game, they must be every negative word under the sun.

I like how you agree not to get worked up about it, but had to reassert that it isn't going happen.

He has change into so many other things, and yet female seems to be the one thing that crosses line with you guys. lol Why shouldn't he be a girl? Why can't they be at least an option? For a franchise that's constantly changing things, why should Link and Zelda remain a constant? Not that like Link and Zelda are even the same characters in every single game anyway.

While The Zelda and Samus comparison isn't even valid in the first place nor are people seriously requesting or wanting this, but so what if there was a 2nd playable dude name Sam in the next game? Are you not going play it just because of that?

Lml was reading the earlier posts, but don't you guys realize,
For years, like 2-3 people in the game type wanted the D. If they make a link female, that whole Zelda-link love story shit goes down the drain, along with all the others. Unless the gender change her too:gun:. Prince zeldo?:rofl2::rofl2:
Nintendo has a game called Fire Emblem. Changing the dialog or some scenes for 2 options wouldn't be that hard and not every game have to be around romance.

Last edited by KingVamp,

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Good thing too"? Not saying it will, but you guys are so sure that only the "sjws" people want female Link and so sure it wouldn't happen.

They funny thing is, you guys are basically become the exact opposite of those people you hate so much. If this game has a female Link option or go as far as make the next Zelda game have a female Link only, are you just going play something else? I really doubt it.

I don't see the big deal if you could use a female avatar in a game whose main avatar has been male for 30 years either. Things change. Zelda didn't have customization, crafting and breaking weapons for 30 years either and now look at it now.

Sorry to break it to you, but not just them that want a female character. Some actual fans do too. Such a ridiculous "argument". Like saying, if anyone want a playable female character (even as just alternate of the main char) in any game, they must be every negative word under the sun.

I like how you agree not to get worked up about it, but had to reassert that it isn't going happen.

He has change into so many other things, and yet female seems to be the one thing that crosses line with you guys. lol Why shouldn't he be a girl? Why can't they be at least an option? For a franchise that's constantly changing things, why should Link and Zelda remain a constant? Not that like Link and Zelda are even the same characters in every single game anyway.

While The Zelda and Samus comparison isn't even valid in the first place nor are people seriously requesting or wanting this, but so what if there was a 2nd playable dude name Sam in the next game? Are you not going play it just because of that?
Well nobody said they aren't gonna play it because of a female link they just against the idea. And that Sam shit would be true. A lot of people would dislike that too if samus->sam

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo has a game called Fire Emblem. Changing the dialog or some scenes for 2 options wouldn't be that hard and not every game have to be around romance.
They don't have to be centered around romance, they just help the plot develop

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nobody said they aren't gonna play it because of a female link they just against the idea. And that Sam shit would be true. A lot of people would dislike that too if samus->sam
You are right, they didn't actually say that, but Condarkness said "If you don't like then play something else." to the people who want female Link. So, I ask him (Condarkness) would he play something else, if there was a female Link. If he can dislike and still play, the female Link supports still can too.

That said, they have no real reason to be against female Link being in the game, especially as an option.

They don't have to be centered around romance, they just help the plot develop
Are you telling me romance is the only way to move a plot? I guess things such as friendship doesn't exist. lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right, they didn't actually say that, but Condarkness said "If you don't like then play something else." to the people who want female Link. So, I ask him (Condarkness) would he play something else, if there was a female Link. If he can dislike and still play, the female Link supports still can too.

That said, they have no real reason to be against female Link being in the game, especially as an option.

Are you telling me romance is the only way to move a plot? I guess things such as friendship doesn't exist. lol
LMAO no I'm not saying romance is the only way, look at sora and riku. I'm saying that they might have to replace Zelda to. Or even ruto. In OOT you were technically married to her. Some not human naked mermaid shit. Great job link. But I do agree tho, if its just an option then there shouldnt be to much of a problem, if you have a problem with it, then just start the game with link.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory