Gaming Switch of the wild female Link.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The producer only said there is no point of Link being female, but he never said Zelda or some other girl is not playable.
Now I can finally play as a girl in Zelda.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The producer only said there is no point of Link being female, but he never said Zelda or some other girl is not playable.
Now I can finally play as a girl in Zelda.
That'd be lovely. Could easily be zelda but not playable, though. Or it could be someone else entirely. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
linkle is so cute and i would totally choose her...
but you know.. link had been always the character... i hope they don't give the player an option to choose linkle as the main character...
i know i know "i don't like change" but linkle or other character IMHO doesn't feel good as the main character

now i am contradicting myself.. but because i always like to have a female butt in my screen instead a dudes :(

Last edited by migles,

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe this time Zelda can finally take matter into her own hands. Hell, some version of Zelda might actually marry some version of Link at one point.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who's bothered by this?

upload_2016-12-2_15-16-12.png

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Link, but female shape, and long hair. I thought there will be no femal protagonist :P
I'm guessing it's probably just an NPC in "Royal" clothing. Remember that Link has to forage for his own clothing at the beginning of the game

That said, considering how the reincarnation of "The Hero" in the Zelda lore works, you could theoretically have a female protagonist, which I certainly wouldn't be opposed to. I just know it won't happen this time because of comments that Aonuma-san has given us so far

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing it's probably just an NPC in "Royal" clothing. Remember that Link has to forage for his own clothing at the beginning of the game

That said, considering how the reincarnation of "The Hero" in the Zelda lore works, you could theoretically have a female protagonist, which I certainly wouldn't be opposed to. I just know it won't happen this time because of comments that Aonuma-san has given us so far
What about a brother-sister situation? Could theorically they be both "the hero"?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about a brother-sister situation? Could theorically they be both "the hero"?
Could work, but the only way I could rationalize that is if they were twins and when you start the game there's a cutscene of the triforce choosing one of them

Actually that could be an interesting twist, the sibling you don't choose gets pissy and power-hungry and attempts to claim the triforce of power, effectively becoming the new incarnation of Ganon

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Could work, but the only way I could rationalize that is if they were twins and when you start the game there's a cutscene of the triforce choosing one of them

Actually that could be an interesting twist, the sibling you don't choose gets pissy and power-hungry and attempts to claim the triforce of power, effectively becoming the new incarnation of Ganon
Holy shit, that could make a damn good story, to be honest.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Link will be always the only playable character of the main games.
If you want to play with Zelda, Impa or Ganondorf, buy Hyrule Warriors.
Well, you can't say it's been the only "playable" character.

Remember how you could actually play with "Zelda" in Spirit Tracks? It was very important for you to advance through the game, it wasn't optional.

And don't say this is wrong, since you said "the only playable character", you should have said "the main playable character". Since some other games include also some other playable characters, although very minor roles compared to the Spirit Tracks example.

And yeah, Spirit Tracks is a main Zelda game.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My theory: Only Link's body is revived while his soul was reincarnated into a girl. The remain spirit of Link allow his reived body to wield the master sword, but the girl can use it as well, in addition to being possibly royalty.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My theory: Only Link's body is revived while his soul was reincarnated into a girl. The remain spirit of Link allow his reived body to wield the master sword, but the girl can use it as well, in addition to being possibly royalty.
So, are we playing a zombie when playing with Link?

Reactions: VinsCool

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kind of. The girl is the hero reincarnated and also have Zelda's bloodline. Thankfully the master sword is light enough for 'linkle'.
No need for Link to lose his "soul". He could have had descendants before sleeping, no matter how young he looks.

In essence, two Links living at the same time, just the Triforce will be with the younger one (the born later).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need for Link to lose his "soul". He could have had descendants before sleeping, no matter how young he looks.

In essence, two Links living at the same time, just the Triforce will be with the younger one (the born later).
According to Skyward Sword and several other official sources Link is more of reincarnation than bloodline, while Zelda is more about bloodline than reincarnation. Hero shade is just the remaining determination of the Hero of time, a piece of him left in the world that refuse to die. There has been several religion that incorporate this idea that a piece of someone was left in the world while the rest has passed on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good