Same CDI on Switch ?

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Simple question, is there a Switch port of the Same CDI libretro core available somewhere ? If not, is it possible to make one ? I would love to finally be able to play these infamous Mario & Zelda titles on a Nintendo console.

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
AFAIK no

If it were easy it would have been done already. Don't count on it.
Why not ? I mean there are Switch versions of so many cores already. I just ran 3DS games on my Switch lol

I'm also wondering why there's no GC/Wii/PS2 cores for Switch ? I mean you can run Dreamcast/PSP games flawlessly, and 3DS at almost full speed so why not the aforementioned systems ?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not ? I mean there are Switch versions of so many cores already. I just ran 3DS games on my Switch lol

I'm also wondering why there's no GC/Wii/PS2 cores for Switch ? I mean you can run Dreamcast/PSP games flawlessly, and 3DS at almost full speed so why not the aforementioned systems ?
Because nobody has cared to. Also it has basically been confirmed that the GC, and PS2 are not exactly possible to run at a decent speed in Horizon. Multiple attempts have been made and have resulted in rather poor performance.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SameCDi should be perfectly possible to port, it just looks a bit more complex to do so than some of the other cores. I might keep seeing if I can figure it out, but if someone with core porting experience and/or generally more coding skills wants to take a look, that would likely go more quickly and smoothly.

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SameCDi should be perfectly possible to port, it just looks a bit more complex to do so than some of the other cores. I might keep seeing if I can figure it out, but if someone with core porting experience and/or generally more coding skills wants to take a look, that would likely go more quickly and smoothly.
That would be great ! Thank you very much. Unfortunately I'm a total noob when it comes to coding, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed