Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought an OLED switch to go along with my release day Switch, can I use the memory card I'm using in my current switch to move the save files over on a few games?

Couple of games I want to play legit with friends since my console got banned that's all but don't want this one banned also!

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What are the biggest risks when using the "paper-clip" method to enter RCM?

Like, what happens if I accidentally connect Pin 1 and 2 with one end of my thick paperclip, and accidentally hit pin 10 and 9 on the other side..?
Are there safer DIY methods than the paper-clip? What should I look out for?
Also, I only have to do this once, right? Then I can enable AutoRCM afterwards if I follow the correct tutorials, right?

I have no access to a 3D-printer, and I can't find any jigs outside of eBay that ships to Norway. Which is gonna take 1-2 months. And I wanna jailbreak this console NOW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Like, what happens if I accidentally connect Pin 1 and 2 with one end of my thick paperclip, and accidentally hit pin 10 and 9 on the other side..?
Also, I only have to do this once, right? Then I can enable AutoRCM afterwards if I follow the correct tutorials, right?

I have no access to a 3D-printer, and I can't find any jigs outside of eBay that ships to Norway. Which is gonna take 1-2 months. And I wanna jailbreak this console NOW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I got my first jig on eBay and another jig from AliExpress to have a spare but it did not take 1-2 months to get to Norway - more like two and three weeks - and I’m all the way up in Nordland 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe you can check and see if you find a seller based in the UK or somewhere else in the EU in order to speed things up and then you might have the jig next week if posted by letter

EDIT:

of course; you’re free to try the DIY-ways if you so please, but the jig is really convenient, so consider ordering one for later at least. good luck hacking whenever you get to it ✌🏻

Last edited by iepuras,
Reactions: donkeyhigh

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rename the latest hekate payload to reboot_to_payload.bin and replace the one inside the /atmosphere folder with that. Then whenever you perform the Restart function from the Power menu while in CFW, it will launch the reboot_to_payload.bin file

It shouldn't as your CFW supports firmware 13.X but if you're so worried about updating, then you don't need to update. No games require firmware 13.X and the only feature added is Bluetooth support.

No, Atmosphere updated the names of some of their components. Fusee-secondary.bin was renamed to package3 which is what your error is about. Rename fusee-secondary.bin to package3 in your hekate_ipl.ini file

Well emuMMC and sysMMC share the same certificate for going online so any information that emuMMC transmits online is information that would also be tied to sysMMC's certificate.
I renamed my payload.bin to reboot_to_payload.bin, now it shows the ATM Screen and get stuck on the Nintendo Switch screen. (I've been waiting for more than 5 minutes, it doesnt do anything)
Anybody have an Idea what i can do now?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to ask if this type of sdcard
View attachment 285117
is compatible with the Switch?
I don't see why not.
2 questions before I continue.

Is 13.1 the newest update and is it safe to update to the latest firmware?

Where can I find 13.1 files? Thanks
13.1 is the latest firmware but if you're ever unsure, you can just check Nintendo's website for what is the latest firmware. As for safe, some homebrew applications may not work on that high of a firmware so I'd only recommend updating if you absolutely need to. Homebrew and CFW don't work better on higher firmware versions. And as for where to find the files, those are copyrighted so no links nor help can be shared here because it would be the same as sharing a link to a pirated game.
Just bought an OLED switch to go along with my release day Switch, can I use the memory card I'm using in my current switch to move the save files over on a few games?

Couple of games I want to play legit with friends since my console got banned that's all but don't want this one banned also!
If you mean use a homebrew save manager to dump the save files onto the SD card, then yes. However you won't be able to import any save data from your release day console to your OLED Switch without hacking it.

The biggest risks are breaking the pins on the Joy-Con rail but there has only ever been one reported case of that ever happening. I personally used a paperclip to enter RCM multiple times and have never encountered such an issue. For something like that to happen, you would have to exert a substantial amount of force, way more than what is necessary for bridging pins 9 & 10. I don't know which ones are safer but there a list of other items that people use to trigger RCM in this thread. You are also correct in that you need to only boot RCM once and then you can switch to using AutoRCM so you don't have to deal with using a paperclip or something else to manually go into RCM.
I renamed my payload.bin to reboot_to_payload.bin, now it shows the ATM Screen and get stuck on the Nintendo Switch screen. (I've been waiting for more than 5 minutes, it doesnt do anything)
Anybody have an Idea what i can do now?
Wait, hold on. What is this in response to? I never said to rename payload.bin to reboot_to_payload.bin. Reboot_to_payload.bin is only used when using the Restart function or your console crashes while in CFW.

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having a issue with JKSV, i installed some ACNH bcats and all was fine til this morning, it starts to load then "software closed due to error"
So I load JKSV (not in applet mode) and select bcat, then i choose game and my backup bcat. i see a bunch of 100%'s but then i get "error committing file to save"
daughter loves the game and knows hoe to use tinfoil, maybe game is updated? i did delete and reinstall game but same errors
thank you in advance

katrinasofia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have installed latest Atmosphere (1.2.4) and Nintendo 13.0.0 firmware.
I can't install games with Goldleaf. I can install them with DBI but not run them.
As far as I've read, I think the problem is signature patches. I have downloaded them from the github page and added them where they're supposed to go. Still same issues. I've tried multiple combinations of files and steps but nothing seems to work.
Can somebody help? Thanks! :)

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see why not.

13.1 is the latest firmware but if you're ever unsure, you can just check Nintendo's website for what is the latest firmware. As for safe, some homebrew applications may not work on that high of a firmware so I'd only recommend updating if you absolutely need to. Homebrew and CFW don't work better on higher firmware versions. And as for where to find the files, those are copyrighted so no links nor help can be shared here because it would be the same as sharing a link to a pirated game.

If you mean use a homebrew save manager to dump the save files onto the SD card, then yes. However you won't be able to import any save data from your release day console to your OLED Switch without hacking it.

The biggest risks are breaking the pins on the Joy-Con rail but there has only ever been one reported case of that ever happening. I personally used a paperclip to enter RCM multiple times and have never encountered such an issue. For something like that to happen, you would have to exert a substantial amount of force, way more than what is necessary for bridging pins 9 & 10. I don't know which ones are safer but there a list of other items that people use to trigger RCM in this thread. You are also correct in that you need to only boot RCM once and then you can switch to using AutoRCM so you don't have to deal with using a paperclip or something else to manually go into RCM.

Wait, hold on. What is this in response to? I never said to rename payload.bin to reboot_to_payload.bin. Reboot_to_payload.bin is only used when using the Restart function or your console crashes while in CFW.
I renamed reboot_payload to reboot_to_payload, it created another reboot_payload (it just occurs to me when I press restart while running ATM my switch crashes, I should have said that)

I try that, cuz you write that yesterday to qaz015393, it sounds helpfull to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-16 173520.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-16 173520.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 56

Jujube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well emuMMC and sysMMC share the same certificate for going online so any information that emuMMC transmits online is information that would also be tied to sysMMC's certificate.
K, I guess I will remove my account tied to nintendo and only play with an unlinked account

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to install the brilliant diamond update it corrupts the data, anything that could be causing it?
CFW? SD card format? Firmware? Installer? Where you got the patches from? It couldn't hurt to be a little more specific.
I have installed latest Atmosphere (1.2.4) and Nintendo 13.0.0 firmware.
I can't install games with Goldleaf. I can install them with DBI but not run them.
As far as I've read, I think the problem is signature patches. I have downloaded them from the github page and added them where they're supposed to go. Still same issues. I've tried multiple combinations of files and steps but nothing seems to work.
Can somebody help? Thanks! :)
If you're downloading the patches from the GitHub page, that is your issue. Multiple people report issues with those patches and I don't understand why everyone uses them. The only place everyone should be downloading their patches from is this thread on GBATemp.
I renamed reboot_payload to reboot_to_payload, it created another reboot_payload (it just occurs to me when I press restart while running ATM my switch crashes, I should have said that)

I try that, cuz you write that yesterday to qaz015393, it sounds helpfull to me.
Well like I said, reboot_to_payload.bin is only used when you use the Restart function or have the console crash while in CFW so I don't think that will help you. But I noticed users told you to download some patches but they linked you the wrong place which is probably why you're still having issues. Only ever download patches from this thread on GBATemp.
Is it possible to change the background/theme of the homebrew menu? And if so does someone have a guide.
Someone made a guide on how to set custom images in the homebrew menu which may not be exactly what you're looking for but its a start. There are also custom homebrew menu themes made by other users that you can download online.
K, I guess I will remove my account tied to nintendo and only play with an unlinked account
Keep in mind that even if you remove the account, if you still accidentally go online with emuMMC while running CFW/homebrew, you will still risk getting your entire console banned.

Reactions: Jujube

Jujube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW? SD card format? Firmware? Installer? Where you got the patches from? It couldn't hurt to be a little more specific.

If you're downloading the patches from the GitHub page, that is your issue. Multiple people report issues with those patches and I don't understand why everyone uses them. The only place everyone should be downloading their patches from is this thread on GBATemp.

Well like I said, reboot_to_payload.bin is only used when you use the Restart function or have the console crash while in CFW so I don't think that will help you. But I noticed users told you to download some patches but they linked you the wrong place which is probably why you're still having issues. Only ever download patches from this thread on GBATemp.

Someone made a guide on how to set custom images in the homebrew menu which may not be exactly what you're looking for but its a start. There are also custom homebrew menu themes made by other users that you can download online.

Keep in mind that even if you remove the account, if you still accidentally go online with emuMMC while running CFW/homebrew, you will still risk getting your entire console banned.
Yep, but that’s good, I have a 90DNS + DNS MITM setup, and I don‘t connect to wifi automatically, so I should be good.

Jujube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thx

Reactions: Draxzelex

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

i tryd the patches, still stuck in Blackscreen after ATM...

dylanea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fatal error occurred when running atmosphere.​

Program ID: 0100000000000005​

Error Desc: std: :abort() called (0xffe)

Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_0000000002c578b3.nin
Press POWER to reboot.

Installed atmosphere-1.2.4-master-e256261b8+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.5.0
Tried reformatting sdcard.

Can get to boot up in the original operating system airplane mode.
Can anyone suggest anything?
When I looked in my contents folder I could not find a 010000000000005 folder on the card.

Can anyone help?

my discord is: Bloggers (Dylan)#6996 feel free to add me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine