Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware via Daybreak and Hekate + Atmosphere copy/paste to sd card and overwriting.
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file.

Excellent question, I don't know. If I am using themes anywhere, it's not intentional. The only reason themes may be coming into play is because when I first set up my SD card used the DeepSea CFW package which came with a lot of bling all over the place. When I ran into stability problems, I wanted to rule out all the fluff and that's when I stopped using Hekate (which would have launched all sort of background apps through the chain loader) and started launching atmosphere with fusee-primary instead.
My SD card still contains all those DeepSea files, including themes, I suppose. Do you think it's possible that there is some leftover from it which is still executed even though I am using fusee-primary as a payload?
It is possible. This is one of the reasons why I don't routinely recommend packages because they come with a lot of unnecessary bloatware. If you want to start over, feel free to do so. In case you do, I recommend using SDSetup instead as it lets you pick and choose what exactly you want to download.

I might not have explained it well - I have an emunand installed through SX OS directly on a hidden partition of the hard drive of my Nintendo switch. After creating a file on my SD card that points to the emuMMC it seems to show in Atmosphere but I do still not see any option to migrate. Not sure if it is necessary?
Nintendo Switch doesn't use a hard drive nor do you create a file that "points" to emuMMC if its installed as a hidden partition; its either installed as a file or partition.

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file.

It is possible. This is one of the reasons why I don't routinely recommend packages because they come with a lot of unnecessary bloatware. If you want to start over, feel free to do so. In case you do, I recommend using SDSetup instead as it lets you pick and choose what exactly you want to download.

Nintendo Switch doesn't use a hard drive nor do you create a file that "points" to emuMMC if its installed as a hidden partition; its either installed as a file or partition.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Last edited by Mariyan11,

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's the partition in that case :) is it abnormal that it does not show any options for me when clicking on migrate in Hekate? It sounds strange to me because it does show emuMCC is enabled when I add the file pointing at the hidden partition.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
Well it looks fine to me so either you didn't correctly update the files or one of the files got misplaced. Delete your bootloader and atmosphere folders (but save any game mods you may have inside first) and then go to SDSetup to download a new set of those folders.

It's the partition in that case :) is it abnormal that it does not show any options for me when clicking on migrate in Hekate? It sounds strange to me because it does show emuMCC is enabled when I add the file pointing at the hidden partition.
It is strange how it is not picking it up and I don't know how to "make" it pick it up so we'll just go back to what you originally tried to do. According to this guide, your emummc.ini file doesn't seem correct so I recommend following that guide particularly the "COPY FILES" portion.

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Well it looks fine to me so either you didn't correctly update the files or one of the files got misplaced. Delete your bootloader and atmosphere folders (but save any game mods you may have inside first) and then go to SDSetup to download a new set of those folders.

It is strange how it is not picking it up and I don't know how to "make" it pick it up so we'll just go back to what you originally tried to do. According to this guide, your emummc.ini file doesn't seem correct so I recommend following that guide particularly the "COPY FILES" portion.

Still getting the same error even after a clean install of Atmosphere/Hekate. This time I also have a Fusee option in Launch which works. Is there any problem if I use the Switch from Fusee or from Payload - fusee_primary.bin?

This is my new hekate_ipl:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still getting the same error even after a clean install of Atmosphere/Hekate. This time I also have a Fusee option in Launch which works. Is there any problem if I use the Switch from Fusee or from Payload - fusee_primary.bin?

This is my new hekate_ipl:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
Well no because all you will be doing is launching Atmosphere via fusee_primary instead of fss0 and the only issue with that is fusee is slightly slower than fss0 but its not the end of the world. Its just really strange that fusee_primary works but not fss0.

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Well no because all you will be doing is launching Atmosphere via fusee_primary instead of fss0 and the only issue with that is fusee is slightly slower than fss0 but its not the end of the world. Its just really strange that fusee_primary works but not fss0.

Slower as in worse game performance or just loading slower into the system at startup?

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its frowned upon but how "safe" is it to juggle a Monster Hunter Rise save between regular sysnand and a cfw emummc? I like the idea of potential overclocking, over 30fps, etc, but then if I want to play online legit I'd have to ditch all that. Or what that be more of a minimize thing like play on emummc for now, then move the save over to Sys?

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But the point is there is still a chance no matter the homebrew app and not everyone is willing to take that risk no matter how small.
If this is the case, would be better for them not to hack thier consoles, don't you think?
They are already hacking, they should know where they are going with this, and as a community into hacking, people have to take risks, is upon them do it or not.
You can't be responsible for their stupidity and you should not feel guilty for it. What I learned back when I was a teen about hacking console was all because of the community here I've explained.
You are free to disagree but I do not want to be the one even partially responsible for getting a young teen's new console getting banned because they didn't receive the full details of the banning situation.

Since Wii hacking in this forum, I've never seen CFW and homebrew being as dangerous as you think it can be, as long you don't write data in the main system, or change some value that is not accessible thought usual ways, or do piracy, or all recommendations I already told some posts ago. Like many people around the internet says to do also.
The story repeats itself for every gen. Wii, 3DS, Wii U, and now Switch, was all the same. I'm not new here if you haven't notice...

I know Nintendo is improving their telemetry, or whatever, but getting people scared won't take any further for homebrew scene, just educate them into hacking in a safer way, not just the safest, and eventually you're probably going to discart CFW and homebrew.

BTW since you're looking for what surelly ban people, I suggest you to grab some newer informtation about unbanned people using CFW that goes online with cleanest sysNAND as possible. After a substantial amount of data you may proceed to their homebrews, by filtering homebrew that write data into NAND (like installers or system managers) from those that just reads and at most create files into SD card (like an emulator). Then you may proceed to backups/gaming. Step by step.

I mean it is isn't it statistically speaking? At best, 90DNS is on par with Incognito but 90DNS has not caused people to become permanently banned unlike Incognito therefore 90DNS is safer. Just because you believe Incognito is safer does not mean that is true in practice. If you have any objective evidence rather than conjecture on how its safer, I am all ears.
Since incognito blanks your info, it should be safer. If a mistake is done by the user and he get banned, then the user that need to be blamed.
Also in a telecommunication perpective about 90DNS, if you are connecting to someone else server you don't know, this itself can be dangerous.
This is the logic behind this.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slower as in worse game performance or just loading slower into the system at startup?
Slower booting into Atmosphere

I know its frowned upon but how "safe" is it to juggle a Monster Hunter Rise save between regular sysnand and a cfw emummc? I like the idea of potential overclocking, over 30fps, etc, but then if I want to play online legit I'd have to ditch all that. Or what that be more of a minimize thing like play on emummc for now, then move the save over to Sys?
If the save file is not actively tampered, the risk shouldn't be too great but you must also use homebrew in order to transfer the save over which increases your risks. If you want a quantifiable number, no one can give you such a thing. Weigh which one is more important to you whether that is your save data or online support then prioritize that one over the other.

If this is the case, would be better for them not to hack thier consoles, don't you think?
They are already hacking, they should know where they are going with this, and as a community into hacking, people have to take risks, is upon them do it or not.
You can't be responsible for their stupidity and you should not feel guilty for it. What I learned back when I was a teen about hacking console was all because of the community here I've explained.
Since Wii hacking in this forum, I've never seen CFW and homebrew being as dangerous as you think it can be, as long you don't write data in the main system, or change some value that is not accessible thought usual ways, or do piracy, or all recommendations I already told some posts ago. Like many people around the internet says to do also.
The story repeats itself for every gen. Wii, 3DS, Wii U, and now Switch, was all the same. I'm not new here if you haven't notice...

I know Nintendo is improving their telemetry, or whatever, but getting people scared won't take any further for homebrew scene, just educate them into hacking in a safer way, not just the safest, and eventually you're probably going to discart CFW and homebrew.

BTW since you're looking for what surelly ban people, I suggest you to grab some newer informtation about unbanned people using CFW that goes online with cleanest sysNAND as possible. After a substantial amount of data you may proceed to their homebrews, by filtering homebrew that write data into NAND (like installers or system managers) from those that just reads and at most create files into SD card (like an emulator). Then you may proceed to backups/gaming. Step by step.

Since incognito blanks your info, it should be safer. If a mistake is done by the user and he get banned, then the user that need to be blamed.
Also in a telecommunication perpective about 90DNS, if you are connecting to someone else server you don't know, this itself can be dangerous.
This is the logic behind this.
That is a decision for users to make and not me. My purpose is merely to educate them because the goal is for people to make educated decisions and not ones based solely off of anyone's bias. If they are too afraid to hack because of a ban, then its better in that case that they do not hack. But if they are made aware of the risk and acknowledge but hack anyways, then that is also fine because they are accepting the responsibility of their actions.

You cannot readily compare past consoles to the Switch because of the increase in telemetry. I am also not going to change my ways because my ways are dictated solely by my data and my data indicates that you can get banned for CFW or homebrew. If you truly wish to change that, you have to convince me with objective data and not theories or hypotheses. Surely you must not think that I am new here too? The Switch is far from the first or second console that I have ever hacked. And there is also many reasons why my about banning which basically consolidates this though process into one post is pinned. Lastly I don't need any new data because as I have stated numerous times, I already have the evidence that people can get banned for CFW or homebrew. The only things left are maybe which homebrew specifically have higher risk than others but considering the sheer number of homebrew apps, it is too momentous a task.
This is the logic behind this
But Incognito does not wipe all information such as the battery serial. And while the user may be held partially responsible for a mistake, Incognito also shares the blame for enabling such a situation in the first place. This is further reinforced by the fact that there are safer Incognito alternatives that do not permanently modify the system making Incognito even more dangerous in the wrong hands. And if you don't trust 90DNS, that is baseless paranoia. If you don't trust one person to run a server, then you shouldn't trust anything you download on the Internet because you don't know what they uploaded.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS there anything I can do to get Tinfoil working ? I even installed Awoo Installer and it gave me all the newest Sig patches. Before Tinfoil would not even install, Now it installs, shows it's icon but, when you run it , it gives the error of

Unable to start software. Return to HOME menu and try again.

I did install it NOT in Applet mode, so correctly, Sig patches should be fully up to date. System is at newest OS and newest Atmosphere as of 3-4 days ago (I nuked to update the system).

I have removed Tinfoil and and re-installed a handful of times just to rule things out...I am also using under fusee-primary but, tried it also under hekate as well.

As I am on the newest version of everything. I really mainly use Tinfoil to update games that I have installed. It works awesome for that and I don't know of another app that allows that. Also, Nut is nice way to install apps, very easy...

Anyone got any ideas here ?

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You cannot readily compare past consoles to the Switch because of the increase in telemetry. I am also not going to change my ways because my ways are dictated solely by my data and my data indicates that you can get banned for CFW or homebrew. If you truly wish to change that, you have to convince me with objective data and not theories or hypotheses. Surely you must not think that I am new here too? The Switch is far from the first or second console that I have ever hacked. And there is also many reasons why my about banning which basically consolidates this though process into one post is pinned. Lastly I don't need any new data because as I have stated numerous times, I already have the evidence that people can get banned for CFW or homebrew. The only things left are maybe which homebrew specifically have higher risk than others but considering the sheer number of homebrew apps, it is too momentous a task.
Why so defensive? What I've told about past consoles was just how I learned things here and all the community involved. I just suggested what is logical, and was just a suggestion...
Maybe you don't get it but you are indeed a lot newer than me here and if you want the data, then dig this website's history and forums.
They are not theories or hypotheses, it's wisdom. Just don't leave traces, and doing those steps you hardly will. And yes, they can be easily comparable like I did, is not for nothing that many who follow the same are still unbanned.

But Incognito does not wipe all information such as the battery serial. And while the user may be held partially responsible for a mistake, Incognito also shares the blame for enabling such a situation in the first place. This is further reinforced by the fact that there are safer Incognito alternatives that do not permanently modify the system making Incognito even more dangerous in the wrong hands. And if you don't trust 90DNS, that is baseless paranoia.
Look, I don't use any, I'm just explaining things to you that you seems to don't know...
It's not about what I trust, it's about how you handle to others your personal info and your datastream, or to just wipe your data. That's it.
It's not baseless paranoia. I work with telecommunication for almost 9.5y.

If you don't trust one person to run a server, then you shouldn't trust anything you download on the Internet because you don't know what they uploaded.
Files and servers are different things, like CFW and homebrew are different. You could to stop mixing things up.

You trully seems to not know how files and datastream is handle over either hardware and internet.

Last edited by gutoblauth,

Kluiv3rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone got some solder points ? I do have a few reed switches, might we worth doing/trying.

I don't want to damage my joycon...

When you run the java app... open the folder with your games, select Tinfoil mode, and it will ask the IP of your switch, type it in and it will list the games...

Hey, have you "NX installer (java app) " link to? Im see nothing on google.

I need to set up my wifi connection with 90DNS option yes?

Buho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey guys.
I'm planning to buy a switch soon and I was wondering if you could give me a couple of details about installing atmosphere and all that.
What are the disadvantages that it has? And if nowadays it's hard to install it?
Btw, I do know that the switch has to not be patched and all that in order to install atmosphere in it, I'll appreciate any information about it.
Thank you<3

marcx987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any point keeping my sysnand at a lower firmware.
I'm at 3.0 or 3.1 on sysnand with emmunand at latest firmware for hacks and autorcm installed. I havent updated to avoid burning fuses and updating the gc firmware.

With this combination is there really any point of keeping sysnand low? Id love to be able to play and rip my cart games. Online isn't that huge for me but haven't used any of the warm boot hacks. Like dejavu since I never really shut my switch down. It's always in sleep and can reboot into payloads from atmosphere.

Thinking to update to at least have the gc firmware updated so can play/rip carts. And if I need to use ofw can boot it through hekate though a payload.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.
I'm planning to buy a switch soon and I was wondering if you could give me a couple of details about installing atmosphere and all that.
What are the disadvantages that it has? And if nowadays it's hard to install it?
Btw, I do know that the switch has to not be patched and all that in order to install atmosphere in it, I'll appreciate any information about it.
Thank you<3
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, have you "NX installer (java app) " link to? Im see nothing on google.

I need to set up my wifi connection with 90DNS option yes?
Not sure if this what you are talking about but maybe be more specific....
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecar...our-gamecards-directly-to-your-switch.556453/

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Buho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
[QUOTE="BigOnYa, post: 9413219, member: 548517
Thank you;)
Btw, by any chance do you have any idea if a switch with team xecutpro hacked will have any trouble nowadays?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS there anything I can do to get Tinfoil working ? I even installed Awoo Installer and it gave me all the newest Sig patches. Before Tinfoil would not even install, Now it installs, shows it's icon but, when you run it , it gives the error of

Unable to start software. Return to HOME menu and try again.

I did install it NOT in Applet mode, so correctly, Sig patches should be fully up to date. System is at newest OS and newest Atmosphere as of 3-4 days ago (I nuked to update the system).

I have removed Tinfoil and and re-installed a handful of times just to rule things out...I am also using under fusee-primary but, tried it also under hekate as well.

As I am on the newest version of everything. I really mainly use Tinfoil to update games that I have installed. It works awesome for that and I don't know of another app that allows that. Also, Nut is nice way to install apps, very easy...

Anyone got any ideas here ?
It says on the Tinfoil discord that it is down temporary....

[QUOTE="BigOnYa, post: 9413219, member: 548517
Thank you;)
Btw, by any chance do you have any idea if a switch with team xecutpro hacked will have any trouble nowadays?
As long as you only update the firmware to 11.0, you will have no issues running it as normal...If you update past that point, you will need to install and run Atmosphere also along with the SX OS, or atleast untill/ and if SX releases an update for more recent FW revisions.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Buho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It says on the Tinfoil discord that it is down temporary....

As long as you only update the firmware to 11.0, you will have no issues running it as normal...If you update past that point, you will need to install and run Atmosphere also with the SX OS.

I see, thanks. Like I said at the beggining, I've no much idea. I've this guy who is selling me the switch with xecuter pro, will I have any problem switching to atmosphere, or not?
Thank you for your patience.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Buho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay