illlmac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool thank you ill check it out!
Post automatically merged:

if you are usins Sys-Patch module try to desactivate (remove the flag file) and start again and look if yor SD card have a folder SDMC:/atmosphere/contents/010000000000025 and rename it

the title 010000000000025 is NIM service and i don't think is modified by themes.

as you are using a prepackaged installation I also exhort you to download latest Atmosphère and update the one on your SD card, and Update your payloads also.

Latest Atmosphère as today: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.6.1-prerelease
so i just saw the Sys-Patch module on the tesla overlay, how do i disable it?

Last edited by illlmac,

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my SysNAND to fw 17.0 and updated Atmosphere to the pre-release build without realizing that the sigpatches weren't out. I downloaded the fw 16.1.0 files and used Daybreak to downgrade in CFW. No issues there.

My question, obviously my SysNAND won't boot, if I were to use fw 17.0 files and Daybreak in CFW to update back to 17.0, would SysNAND boot again?

gilverx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
hi, *noob qns*

my switch started acting up couple of days back, im unable to go back to home page (home button just doesn’t respond) after going into sleep mode in game.

tried rebooting it and reflected an error (something to do with unable to read sd card)

i copied out files from sd card into my harddisk (didnt back up saves with checkpoint, stupid i know)
reformatting it returned an error and went to purchase a new card

i set up the sd card new, installed a couple of games and some of the save files were there and some were missing.

qns: is there a way to restore the save files from my harddisk? and how do i go about doing it if possible? i have the previous nandbackup.

hi, *noob qns*

my switch started acting up couple of days back, im unable to go back to home page (home button just doesn’t respond) after going into sleep mode in game.

tried rebooting it and reflected an error (something to do with unable to read sd card)

i copied out files from sd card into my harddisk (didnt back up saves with checkpoint, stupid i know)

i set up the sd card new, installed a couple of games and some of the save files were there and some were missing.

qns: is there a way to restore the save files from my harddisk? and how do i go about doing it if possible? i have the previous nandbackup.

kipkup

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A strange thing happened and I fear that something have gotten corrupted. Please look into this as I have failed to find the situation on the forums. If I have missed links, please share them.

(As a newcomer I am not allowed to post links even to this forum so the format is botched intentionally.)

# What happened
I installed "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2" (MSH2) which worked to play, but installing the game seems to have corrupted other titles. After the install of MSH2 other games that used to work fine were failing to start. All the time with a "2002-4000" error or "The software was closed because an error occurred".

I have since tried to update to a new firmware and am now on `16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5|E`. Reinstalling the games show no difference.

There are several questions and issues below but they all originate in the above situation. I did not have any problems before.

# Error 2002-4000 when attempting to start a game
I have searched for 2002-4000 here and not found any post with the same issue I am having. For example I find the below posts but I do not see that these are the same issue/root cause. If I have missed anything let me know.
[1]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-1951#post-10099249
[2]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/randomly-gave-a-202-4000-error.550745/#post-8838586
[3]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/question-some-games-wont-just-run-even-after-updating-sigpatches.621809/#post-9999227

# Tinwoo not installing games with error 0x001fb402
Before the error is shown there is a statement that "Invalid NCA signature detected" but that has never been a problem before. I previously installed the game.

Tinwoo installer is for example complaining that
> Failed to install <game>
> Partially installed contents can be removed from the System Settings applet.
> Open FileSystemWithId: 122 Failed to open file system with id:
> @SdCardContent://registered/000000E2/94b98...753.nca. Error code: 0x001fb402

The error code takes me to link [1] which states that you should update the firmware/sigpatches. But it was a long time since I did so and the error came on a system that was previously working just fine. One game install have corrupted other games.

Also worth noting is that it is only one game (that I know) which Tinwoo complains like this about. Other games are ok to install but fail with the below issue of "The software was closed because an error occurred".

# Error message "The software was closed because an error occurred"
Is there any way to identify _what_ is causing the problem? The closest I can find is this post but I do not find the same error message. He is describing a similar issue: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/unable-to-start-software-return-home-and-try-again.602661/#post-9651752

1. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it. No help
2. I have also tried deleting the saves but they do not appear to be the cause.

Checking further, I've found the below but they are not the same issue as I understand it. The issue in the linked posts has to do with sigpatches for the firmware.

[4]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/games-corrupting-after-installing-on-tinfoil.612701/#post-9833323
[5]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-violet-getting-an-error-in-awoo-and-tinwoo-unable-to-install-due-to-error-you-may-have-a-bad-dump-or-firmware-version-may-be-too-low.622878/#post-10018910

# Summary
After installing a game, other (already installed) games were corrupted and remain corrup after reinstalling. Others are not. I am at a loss at what has gone wrong.

I have tried deleting the game (including saves) and reinstalling but the games that got corrupted remain corrupt (assuming installing is allowed). I believed it may be something with the saves but it seems not to be the case.

What should I do? Do I simply wipe the SD card and try again or may it be that the emuMMC has become corrupt? Should I do a factory reset of the console? How can I best keep my savegames?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm not sure what could be the cause of that issue as I've never run into it, but I believe that it might be related to missing or wrong sigpatches. Since you've mentioned that you're on 16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5|E, I'll attach the sigpatches for that version that I previously downloaded from this thread.
For installing games, I personally use DBI Installer instead of Tinwoo, so you might want to give DBI a try. You can check this video to see how it works.
You can backup your games with JKSV and restore them later if needed.

Attachments

• Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.5.5-cfw-16.1.0.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: laz305 and BigOnYa

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What are chances of getting console banned If I connect to wifi to use tinfoil shops on emunand with correctly setup dnsmitm and exosphere while keeping sysnand completly clean

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to update Hekate, Atmosphere, and the Stock OS. Funny thing is it turns out all that had to be done was to click Start Software. The games didn't require the OS to be updated. It just prompted that the games had an update haha. But I learned a lot throughout this process. I also removed the old Kosmos setup that was installed as well.

Last did I burn any fuses by updating using Daybreak? Could I downgrade if needed? I don't think I would need to but I am curious.
Daybreak does not burn fuses unless you didn't set it to enable AutoRCM after it finished installing the system update. And as long as your console is unpatched, you can downgrade regardless if you burn fuses or not. The only difference fuses make on an unpatched console is if you downgrade, you will need to use AutoRCM or to manually boot RCM in order to use the console.
I updated my SysNAND to fw 17.0 and updated Atmosphere to the pre-release build without realizing that the sigpatches weren't out. I downloaded the fw 16.1.0 files and used Daybreak to downgrade in CFW. No issues there.

My question, obviously my SysNAND won't boot, if I were to use fw 17.0 files and Daybreak in CFW to update back to 17.0, would SysNAND boot again?
You can boot sysMMC on firmware 16.1. You just have to go into RCM first then use Hekate in order to launch sysMMC either in CFW mode or Stock.
hi, *noob qns*

hi, *noob qns*

The files that you copied from your SD card onto your "harddisk" cannot be save files because save files aren't stored on the SD card. They are stored in the internal memory. Luckily, eMMC backups contain backups of the internal memory so depending on when you made that backup, some if not all of your saves will be there. Simply restore your eMMC backup using Hekate in order to retrieve the progress you made in your games. Keep in mind your entire console will revert to the state it was in when the backup was made which includes firmware, content installed, as well as the save data.
A strange thing happened and I fear that something have gotten corrupted. Please look into this as I have failed to find the situation on the forums. If I have missed links, please share them.

(As a newcomer I am not allowed to post links even to this forum so the format is botched intentionally.)

# What happened
I installed "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2" (MSH2) which worked to play, but installing the game seems to have corrupted other titles. After the install of MSH2 other games that used to work fine were failing to start. All the time with a "2002-4000" error or "The software was closed because an error occurred".

I have since tried to update to a new firmware and am now on `16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5|E`. Reinstalling the games show no difference.

There are several questions and issues below but they all originate in the above situation. I did not have any problems before.

# Error 2002-4000 when attempting to start a game
I have searched for 2002-4000 here and not found any post with the same issue I am having. For example I find the below posts but I do not see that these are the same issue/root cause. If I have missed anything let me know.
[1]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-1951#post-10099249
[2]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/randomly-gave-a-202-4000-error.550745/#post-8838586
[3]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/question-some-games-wont-just-run-even-after-updating-sigpatches.621809/#post-9999227

# Tinwoo not installing games with error 0x001fb402
Before the error is shown there is a statement that "Invalid NCA signature detected" but that has never been a problem before. I previously installed the game.

Tinwoo installer is for example complaining that
> Failed to install <game>
> Partially installed contents can be removed from the System Settings applet.
> Open FileSystemWithId: 122 Failed to open file system with id:
> @SdCardContent://registered/000000E2/94b98...753.nca. Error code: 0x001fb402

The error code takes me to link [1] which states that you should update the firmware/sigpatches. But it was a long time since I did so and the error came on a system that was previously working just fine. One game install have corrupted other games.

Also worth noting is that it is only one game (that I know) which Tinwoo complains like this about. Other games are ok to install but fail with the below issue of "The software was closed because an error occurred".

# Error message "The software was closed because an error occurred"
Is there any way to identify _what_ is causing the problem? The closest I can find is this post but I do not find the same error message. He is describing a similar issue: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/unable-to-start-software-return-home-and-try-again.602661/#post-9651752

1. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it. No help
2. I have also tried deleting the saves but they do not appear to be the cause.

Checking further, I've found the below but they are not the same issue as I understand it. The issue in the linked posts has to do with sigpatches for the firmware.

[4]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/games-corrupting-after-installing-on-tinfoil.612701/#post-9833323
[5]: h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-violet-getting-an-error-in-awoo-and-tinwoo-unable-to-install-due-to-error-you-may-have-a-bad-dump-or-firmware-version-may-be-too-low.622878/#post-10018910

# Summary
After installing a game, other (already installed) games were corrupted and remain corrup after reinstalling. Others are not. I am at a loss at what has gone wrong.

I have tried deleting the game (including saves) and reinstalling but the games that got corrupted remain corrupt (assuming installing is allowed). I believed it may be something with the saves but it seems not to be the case.

What should I do? Do I simply wipe the SD card and try again or may it be that the emuMMC has become corrupt? Should I do a factory reset of the console? How can I best keep my savegames?
Well there is something that you can try to fix your game which has worked for others. Its entering Maintenance Mode. If you don't know how to enter it, what you have to do is hold the volume + and - buttons when you turn the console on. You will then be greeted by a special screen. Once you're in, you don't have to do anything else. Simply exit or turn the console off. Its not known why this works but its believed that it may clear the cache of the console so to speak.
What are chances of getting console banned If I connect to wifi to use tinfoil shops on emunand with correctly setup dnsmitm and exosphere while keeping sysnand completly clean
As long as you are blocking Nintendo's servers either through dns.mitm or exosphere, then the chances of getting banned are theoretically zero but those chances rely on whether or Nintendo adds new domains to log telemetry or log information that doesn't get blanked by exosphere.

Reactions: Blythe93

Dzoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Daybreak does not burn fuses unless you didn't set it to enable AutoRCM after it finished installing the system update. And as long as your console is unpatched, you can downgrade regardless if you burn fuses or not. The only difference fuses make on an unpatched console is if you downgrade, you will need to use AutoRCM or to manually boot RCM in order to use the console.

You can boot sysMMC on firmware 16.1. You just have to go into RCM first then use Hekate in order to launch sysMMC either in CFW mode or Stock.

The files that you copied from your SD card onto your "harddisk" cannot be save files because save files aren't stored on the SD card. They are stored in the internal memory. Luckily, eMMC backups contain backups of the internal memory so depending on when you made that backup, some if not all of your saves will be there. Simply restore your eMMC backup using Hekate in order to retrieve the progress you made in your games. Keep in mind your entire console will revert to the state it was in when the backup was made which includes firmware, content installed, as well as the save data.

Well there is something that you can try to fix your game which has worked for others. Its entering Maintenance Mode. If you don't know how to enter it, what you have to do is hold the volume + and - buttons when you turn the console on. You will then be greeted by a special screen. Once you're in, you don't have to do anything else. Simply exit or turn the console off. Its not known why this works but its believed that it may clear the cache of the console so to speak.

As long as you are blocking Nintendo's servers either through dns.mitm or exosphere, then the chances of getting banned are theoretically zero but those chances rely on whether or Nintendo adds new domains to log telemetry or log information that doesn't get blanked by exosphere.
So if I check if new domains have been added before updating I will be safe

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I am having an issue when loading and trying to update Atmosphere. currently on 1.52 and have not updated since last year. When i boot up Atmosphere after loading my original sxos payload into the tegrarcm I get an error saying "a fatal error occured when loading Fussee" . I am still able to load up Atmosphere but everytime i try to update atmosphere via the all-in-one updater, it crashes after the When asked to delete all the custom sysmodules startup flags, select yes bit.

Is the fusee error and update error related?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,
I am having an issue when loading and trying to update Atmosphere. currently on 1.52 and have not updated since last year. When i boot up Atmosphere after loading my original sxos payload into the tegrarcm I get an error saying "a fatal error occured when loading Fussee" . I am still able to load up Atmosphere but everytime i try to update atmosphere via the all-in-one updater, it crashes after the When asked to delete all the custom sysmodules startup flags, select yes bit.

Thanks in advance
So i have updated it manually inc the new fusee bin but once i inject the payload the atmopshers screen loads up then a black screen. Any idea why?

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

So i have updated it manually inc the new fusee bin but once i inject the payload the atmopshers screen loads up then a black screen. Any idea why?
I am able to boot up into standard switch os but not custom firmware

Last edited by DonAndy321,

FullSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a question, I don't know if it's already been asked, but I wanted to know: is there a way to stop the firmware update from appearing on the Nintendo Switch every time I start a game?
thanks everyone

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

I am able to boot up into standard switch os but not custom firmware
Got this working now!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a question, I don't know if it's already been asked, but I wanted to know: is there a way to stop the firmware update from appearing on the Nintendo Switch every time I start a game?
thanks everyone
If you have a pending firmware update, enter Maintenence mode by first turning the console completely off and turning it on while holding both + and - volume buttons. That should remove update nag... at least until you connect to the Nintendo servers again.

Reactions: FullSky

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response. That makes sense. Say however I want to boot into stock without using RCM...can that ever be possible again?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. That makes sense. Say however I want to boot into stock without using RCM...can that ever be possible again?

Your firmware have to match with your fuse count if you don't want to use Hekate to boot stock. You can't do low firmware and high fuse count without custom bootloader.

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your firmware have to match with your fuse count if you don't want to use Hekate to boot stock. You can't do low firmware and high fuse count without custom bootloader.
Thank you. So just to confirm then, if I used Daybreak in CFW to update back to 17.0, i'd be able to boot into stock without having to use RCM?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. So just to confirm then, if I used Daybreak in CFW to update back to 17.0, i'd be able to boot into stock without having to use RCM?

Don't use daybreak if you have a clean NAND, Sysnand CFW share NAND with Stock OFW, installing nsp and going online on stock would get you banned.

RottenHeart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. Need some help with my switch on dock mode. I'm going to try my best to give the details on what's going on and all the research I've done:

The Issue: I connect my switch to the dock then when I open up every game to play it crashes within minutes saying "The software was closed because an error occurred." The games this happens are Super Mario 3D World, Zelda BOTW, Xenoblade 2, bascially every game I try I get that error message saying "The software was closed because an error occurred.", the only difference is the time, may happens in tittle screen (Mario) or after some minutes of gameplay (like Zelda or Xenoblade).

Also whenever I put on dock mode, whatever TV I connect, the image presents some flickering glitches, Xenoblade 1, for example, even flicker with a weird green taint, again none of this happens in handheld mode.

What I've Done:

So far I've done is talked with nintendo support and we went through a bunch of steps from making sure the software/firmware is updated, to uninstalling and reinstalling the game. None of it worked.

I've bought a USB Type-C to HDMI & USB 3.0 with Power Delivery and it did not work either. I tried other official Docks and it didn't work either.

I have checked my SD card, tested with another ones, formated, and the problem persists.

I've gone through a bunch of reddit/another gbatemp posts which were not helpful.

OBS: The dock and my cables are all official and, in case of the HDMI cable, I tested severe of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol