Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see, thanks for the reply. I don't intend on anything regarding pirate content nor online cheating. I only want to edit the appearance and import the event in Pokémon because it was only available until 2022.
So, I have to make the backup and restore it in sysnand or emunand for transferring the account to the oled model again?
If you keep your Sysnand clean on your hacked Switch, there is little risk for running Atmosphere on it and then using JKSV to make backups. You could then “dual use“ your Sysnand to also connect to Ninty and share Cloud saves with your OLED via legitimate means.

Be aware that Ninty has their own definition of “cheating”. We don’t get to define that and there is nowhere to protest their decision should your actions fall into their definition.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask if this was answered before but I can’t anything on it. I have mod chip switch Atmosphere I want to know how to play new gameboy advance online? if Install can i play offline

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask if this was answered before but I can’t anything on it. I have mod chip switch Atmosphere I want to know how to play new gameboy advance online? if Install can i play offline
Yes, it has one player offline. Install it and see!

as long as you properly configure exosphere.ini and dns:mitm you can install anything you’d like and try it.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

The worst that will happen is it will not connect Online. If Online is a requirement for the game (there are a few) then you simply won’t be able to play that game with a hacked Switch. Nothing beyond that will happen.

ricky88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi all, I've tried searching for a solution to the following error to no avail:

A fatal error occurred when running Fusee.
Failed to open emummc boot0 file: 0x00000202!

The error just popped up after not using the Switch for some time.
Since then I've attempted to update Hekate, Atmosphere, Sigpatches and Fusee.bin but the error remains.
I didn't do the jail breaking so I am quite clueless as to accessing the emummc files..

I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've tried searching for a solution to the following error to no avail:

A fatal error occurred when running Fusee.
Failed to open emummc boot0 file: 0x00000202!

The error just popped up after not using the Switch for some time.
Since then I've attempted to update Hekate, Atmosphere, Sigpatches and Fusee.bin but the error remains.
I didn't do the jail breaking so I am quite clueless as to accessing the emummc files..

I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice.

If you can‘t open boot0 on your emunand it is likely corrupt.

You should probably copy your data off to your PC and reformat the SDCard using Hekate. You will likely lose your installed games and have to reinstall them.

You can attempt to backup your game saves like so:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Here’s how to rehack your switch once you’ve backed everything up.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning. I would like to know everything there is to know about the hwfly lite v5. how to flash it with what and how to do it are equipped with original sx-firmware it seems to me
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I recently tried to put themes in switch to personalise it a little bit but now it gives me an error everytime I turn it on, so I was wondering if there is a way to extract my savefiles from the sd card, so I can redo all the process on the partition and so on.
have you tried to remove the themes folder from the sd card and redo your themes

Last edited by dygeo,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: dygeo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but afraid of doing something stupid I have already updated my hwfly to version 0.72 and no more usb mode it blocked the chip even hwfly toolbox no longer worked

That’s certainly some important information to start with.
This might mean you have already bricked the mod chip.
I just upgraded my V5 Lite using the same software and didn’t have any issues.

72673880-1747-4E4E-B662-A090140E71E2.jpeg

Is it installed in your Switch already or is it still outside?

Can you connect it to your PC with just the USB?
Does it connect or show any lights at all when you do this?

Trying to figure out if there are any clues before we move to the next step below…

If your chip is bricked this video goes over what you need to unbrick it:
https://www.sthetix.info/flashing-updating-unbricking-the-chip/

Last edited by binkinator,

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you keep your Sysnand clean on your hacked Switch, there is little risk for running Atmosphere on it and then using JKSV to make backups. You could then “dual use“ your Sysnand to also connect to Ninty and share Cloud saves with your OLED via legitimate means.

Be aware that Ninty has their own definition of “cheating”. We don’t get to define that and there is nowhere to protest their decision should your actions fall into their definition.
Ok, so basically the steps would be:
1. Transfer the user from Oled to modded swtich
2. Create the emuNAND
3. Back-up save files in emuNAND (for example) using jksv
4. Edit the save files
4. Restore the edited save files then transfer save files from emuNAND to sysNAND using the mehtod of this video by Reclaimer Shawn:
5. Transfer user from stock to Oled Model again

Ignoring what Nintendo considers cheating, the steps should be alright?
For example, doing this process to edit a weapon in Zelda BotW (I suppose it isn't an online game) wouldn't be a problem, right?

Demon1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the patches to install and launch pirated content? If not, then you can download them from this thread.

Nope, you just have to make sure they are in the /atmosphere/contents/(title ID of the game) folder as well as run it while in CFW.
Yes I always have the latest sig patches. Didnt work still. In the end I installed via a shop on Tinfoil. The NSP's just would not work. Who knows. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i just bought a v1 unpatched switch from a vendor who for some ungodly reason did not create a emunand and installed tinfoil to the sysnand, he also didn't create a backup either so at this point i'm pretty sure the second i connect it to the internet without 90DNS (which i'm currently using) i will get insta banned. Also i since it came with only a 64 gb sd card and i have a larger one and i went and redo the whole process again and this time i did make a Emunand myself so that at least i don't risk bricking the console if i ever do something wrong (and yes i also created a backup of the sysnand, abeilt it being tained due to tinfoil but still, i really don't want to brick the console)

It so happens that i own a second nintendo switch that is not hacked and at such i really don't mind if the hacked one is banned so long as i'm able to play single player games and use homebrew, but that got me thinking that eventually there will be games that require newer firmware versions, so i want to ask: can i update the EMUNAND without touching the sysnand?

If nintendo were to release, say, firmware 16, can i update my emunand from it's current 15.0.1, and leave the sysnand on 15.0.1 never to be update it again? or do i HAVE to update the sysnand to update the emunand?

Another question i want to ask, if my emunand were to hypothetically get corrupted for whatever reason, for example from updating the emunand firmware, can i just redo the whole process and create another emunand based of the sysnand that i did not update from? These questions may sound dumb to you but really need to ask because this is my first time dealing with homebrew on the switch, i know the Emunand won't probably save me from a ban (that i don't really care that much since, as i mentioned before, i own a second non hacked switch) but on the very least i want to lower my chance of bricking my console as much as possible.
  • emuMMC and sysMMC operate independently of one another. To put it in simpler terms, they act like two different consoles sharing the same hardware. The only difference is that one exists on the SD card while the other is inside your actual console
  • Also yes, if emuMMC becomes corrupted, you can just remake the emuMMC which is one of the advantages of emuMMC. Of course if you don't have backups of your game and save data at the time of corruption, those will be lost forever

track02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
  • emuMMC and sysMMC operate independently of one another. To put it in simpler terms, they act like two different consoles sharing the same hardware. The only difference is that one exists on the SD card while the other is inside your actual console
  • Also yes, if emuMMC becomes corrupted, you can just remake the emuMMC which is one of the advantages of emuMMC. Of course if you don't have backups of your game and save data at the time of corruption, those will be lost forever
Okay and what about the update part, can i update the emunand to whatever newer version nintendo releases and the future and leave the the sysnand on 15.0.1 forever?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay and what about the update part, can i update the emunand to whatever newer version nintendo releases and the future and leave the the sysnand on 15.0.1 forever?
Yes, you can update, install, and do whatever you want to emuMMC. It won't have any effect on sysMMC. In fact, the original purpose of emuMMC is to allow users to be on a higher firmware than sysMMC. It was never ever designed to be a ban shield. Case in point is Gateway on the 3DS. It only worked on specific firmware versions so to allow users to update their firmware, emuMMC was created.

track02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Yes, you can update, install, and do whatever you want to emuMMC. It won't have any effect on sysMMC. In fact, the original purpose of emuMMC is to allow users to be on a higher firmware than sysMMC. It was never ever designed to be a ban shield. Case in point is Gateway on the 3DS. It only worked on specific firmware versions so to allow users to update their firmware, emuMMC was created.
Okay execllent, and how would i go on updating the firmware on the Emunand without updating the sysnand? which app do i use? where do i download the firmware? for the last console i homebrew, the ps3, i can literally just download the firmware from playstation official's website, but i can't seem to find a offcial download page for the nintendo switch?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay execllent, and how would i go on updating the firmware on the Emunand without updating the sysnand? which app do i use? where do i download the firmware? for the last console i homebrew, the ps3, i can literally just download the firmware from playstation official's website, but i can't seem to find a offcial download page for the nintendo switch?
You're going to use the homebrew app named Daybreak. It comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. The firmware is the tricky part. Unlike Sony, Nintendo does not officially distribute their firmware files so they are under copyright protection and thus cannot be downloaded legally. However, illegal dumps are readily available on the Internet if you look hard enough.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it has one player offline. Install it and see!

as long as you properly configure exosphere.ini and dns:mitm you can install anything you’d like and try it.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

The worst that will happen is it will not connect Online. If Online is a requirement for the game (there are a few) then you simply won’t be able to play that game with a hacked Switch. Nothing beyond that will happen.
thanks I want to know if online require how to bypass it? or not possible

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I want to know if online require how to bypass it? or not possible
I’m 99% sure there is an option to connect online, but it is not required. I’ll install it and take some pictures for you in a moment (battery died on my test Switch…charging real quick.)

In the mean time you can try it and see for yourself. :-)

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m 99% sure there is an option to connect online, but it is not required. I’ll install it and take some pictures for you in a moment (battery died on my test Switch…charging real quick.)

In the mean time you can try it and see for yourself. :-)
thanks ill try myself thanks

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks ill try myself thanks

Confirmed 100%…it’s just like N64 NSO.

On the main screen it gives these options:

image.jpg

Select One Player or Play Local Multiplayer and you will be 100% OK.

Don’t select Play Online with a hacked switch.
If you have Ninty properly blocked it won’t work anyway.

image.jpg

I need to download some borders..those gaps are humongus!

Ahhhhh

image.jpg

MUCH better!

Head over here for GB/A overlays

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gb-gba-online-custom-overlay.625965/

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Temp is back back again
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why were servers down?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it was telling a friend
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, telling what?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Maintenance most likely.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, understandable
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hopefully it wasn't a DDoS attack.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i was already believing that was the reason it was down
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night