Hacking Switch Got Hacked?! Should I Buy OR Wait?!

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So what is DEP? Like a Security Stuff?

I mean here in Germany you get a Switch everywhere, so Buying wouldn't be a problem. But I guess I am in same boat. + I know the Webkit exploit means nothing since tons of security is in place.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
If you have $400-500 to spare, sure. But I doubt you'll be able to play anything past March, unless someone finds an exploit to bypass the need for firmware updates, let alone one that lets you play backups.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been tracking your guy's beef for awhile now. I really do not see any amicable resolution in the near future. It's tearing everyone apart here, people picking sides. Violence on the street concerning turf and respect. You guys need to end it before some innocent bystander gets hurt.

I'm Team WiiUBricker :D

Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been tracking your guy's beef for awhile now. I really do not see any amicable resolution in the near future. It's tearing everyone apart here, people picking sides. Violence on the street concerning turf and respect. You guys need to end it before some innocent bystander gets hurt.
So you have been tracking literally two posts of mine. You should apply for a ninja job :ph34r:

Pigfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You go pirate that one good game. I hope you get a great 7/10 experience.
Yeah because other peoples opinion of a game spoils your enjoyment of it right?

Just like IMDB and movie reviews, full of troll reviews that bring the scores up/down. Which is why they are usually meaningless. Why follow what others do like a sheep? People can play what they enjoy and find good, it's all subjective.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Just like IMDB and movie reviews, full of troll reviews that bring the scores up/down. Which is why they are usually meaningless. Why follow what others do like a sheep? People can play what they enjoy and find good, it's all subjective.
The joke... You missed it

Reactions: whateverg1012

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You know, this very thing pissed me off. I have to Hold the power button on the system to turn it off, no other way. Not even from the quick menu, so when docked it sucks. :wtf:

I hope a update changes that, how could something so simple be forgotten? what do they think this is, NES classic with a 2 foot cord we gotta sit next to the console??
I heard one can hold the menu button on the Joy-Con and turn the console off from the menu that pops up. I don't have a Switch myself (yet), but that's what I've seen among comments and such. Is that not true?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I heard one can hold the menu button on the Joy-Con and turn the console off from the menu that pops up. I don't have a Switch myself (yet), but that's what I've seen among comments and such. Is that not true?
Currenrly you can only put it to sleep.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I can't believe I need to explain this.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Buy i think all the holes will be filled in the coming FW,Switch is obviously been rushed and shipped with barebone OS

Jay L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, this very thing pissed me off. I have to Hold the power button on the system to turn it off, no other way. Not even from the quick menu, so when docked it sucks. :wtf:

I hope a update changes that, how could something so simple be forgotten? what do they think this is, NES classic with a 2 foot cord we gotta sit next to the console??
It's seems fairly obvious that the Switch was rushed; you have design flaws so blatant they're almost unbelievable like the dock scratching the screen and users hands blocking the signal of one of the joycon; the os running the system itself is halfbaked lacking what should be standard features and shipping with 'hidden' browser containing known exploits; the launch lineup for the entire first year is abysmal with the exception of zelda (which was a rushed wii u port resulting in neither version being particularly well optimized) with a port of mario kart and a slightly updated splatoon is still a few months out. I didn't even know about the power button issue, i'm really shocked nintendo put out a piece of hardware in this state. (BTW very recently found my launch 3ds, forgot how well built it is and how much metal was replaced with platstic for the revision).
The Switch should have had another year of development, that seems obvious at this point. It would have, at the least, let Nintendo release either a more powerful system for $300 or the current system for $200. Come to think of it, the reason why the Switch was only unveiled about two months before launch was probably because of how hastily it was thrown together.
I actually got a Switch on launch day with a copy of zelda and they're still sitting in the box because I've been playing horizon zero dawn + with the new mass effect around the corner it looks like its gonna sit in the box for awhile - I'm actually more curious to taste the zelda cart than I am to play it.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
To assure yourself future hacks, absolutely purchase a Switch and leave it in it's box. However, if you choose to power it on, you need to choose one;

Hacks or online play/new games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.