Hacking Switch Got Hacked?! Should I Buy OR Wait?!

badpix11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I used PegaSwitch to get root-access on my Switch. :switch:
Nobody mentioned that the webkit-exploit has a hidden command: :ph34r:
install homebrew
Now I can download every game for free from eShop. :O

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Sony might come up with new powerful hand held console. Also waiting for that. If switch gets hacked I will buy it if not then I will wait I guess.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OPEN THE FLOOD GATES TO RANDOMNESS.

Seriously on more important matter. While the idea of buying a switch for hacks, perhaps that should have been considered before the out of stock problem occured, like pre-order? Suddenly people want a console that is "hacked" with no use to us normal causal people as of yet and is just minor exploit found.

I like the fact that people are interested in the switch just for mods. And it would be smart to get a switch once they're back in stock. Hopefully the next shipment is still 1.0 or at least on a still exploitable firmware once the exploits exists and there's some Homebrew Development for it, which will take time. Modding looks promising though. I had the same idea to save until the restock and buy another switch just to keep exploitable.

as far as the original post, I'd say when they come back in stock get it if you don't already have a wii u or if you're a huge nintendo fan or just have money to blow. The lineup is looking very promising IN THE FUTURE. Right now, it's really only for the hardcore nintendo fans as there's really not much for it except a handful of ok exclusives and the ability to play Zelda on the crapper. If you're after only mods... Well It's hard to say if you should get it or not. Modding may be as big as the 3DS (I hope it is) or Nintendo may have really beefed up security and we don't see an entry point that goes anywhere. I'd say the only reason to get it is for the games that are made for it. Only time will tell how modding goes for it. Hope it all works out and it's like the 3DS and we can inject VC games, play emulators, and the like.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i follow nintendo hacking scene scheme, i would wait for the second wave of exploit which is often more accessible and has more potential than the first, and is often compatible with more games.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd take advantage of that if you have the money and are morally flexible about capitalism.

I am to an extent about some stuff. I'm against scalping for reasons of shortages in gaming markets though. As an avid video game collector, and someone who would have liked to have certain things upon release (mostly limited edition stuff) just to find someone bought them all and jacked the prices to almost double (and in some cases double+) makes me unhappy. I'd rather leave them for someone to buy that actually wants one to enjoy. But on the other end. If someone owns a copy of a rare game CIB, mint; it doesn't bother me as much. They had the patience to care for the game for this many years and now you can't find others in such condition.

I guess it's also a buyer's market and nobody has to buy the product at inflated prices because there will be more. So it's kind of on them. Too slippery of a slope for me. Haha.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty obvious that he's saying an Nvidia Shield can do anything that hacking a Switch would get you (Homebrew games, emulators, etc.), which is pretty damn accurate.
But it's much more convenient to buy and use only one system instead of two. I personally own the nvidia shield portable and would rather being just the switch with me. If if gets hacked I can play my first and third party games on it along with the emulator stuff I can do on my NVIDIA shield. The key thing here is convenience.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's seems fairly obvious that the Switch was rushed; you have design flaws so blatant they're almost unbelievable like the dock scratching the screen and users hands blocking the signal of one of the joycon; the os running the system itself is halfbaked lacking what should be standard features and shipping with 'hidden' browser containing known exploits; the launch lineup for the entire first year is abysmal with the exception of zelda (which was a rushed wii u port resulting in neither version being particularly well optimized) with a port of mario kart and a slightly updated splatoon is still a few months out. I didn't even know about the power button issue, i'm really shocked nintendo put out a piece of hardware in this state. (BTW very recently found my launch 3ds, forgot how well built it is and how much metal was replaced with platstic for the revision).
The Switch should have had another year of development, that seems obvious at this point. It would have, at the least, let Nintendo release either a more powerful system for $300 or the current system for $200. Come to think of it, the reason why the Switch was only unveiled about two months before launch was probably because of how hastily it was thrown together.
I actually got a Switch on launch day with a copy of zelda and they're still sitting in the box because I've been playing horizon zero dawn + with the new mass effect around the corner it looks like its gonna sit in the box for awhile - I'm actually more curious to taste the zelda cart than I am to play it.
Actually you can find Nintendo talking about NX from a couple years back. They've been developing it for at least two years given that fact.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I returned my Switch preorder when it arrived. Never even took it out of the box. Now I'm thinking that may have been a mistake lol

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I returned my Switch preorder when it arrived. Never even took it out of the box. Now I'm thinking that may have been a mistake lol
it is, theres ton of people who would have bought it for 600$

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair the reason why hackers abandoned Vita is the price of the proprietary memory cards
32gb could barely hold few games for over $80,the whole system didn't worth esp with active
Android and IOS scene

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
To be fair the reason why hackers abandoned Vita is the price of the proprietary memory cards
32gb could barely hold few games for over $80,the whole system didn't worth esp with active
Android and IOS scene
But new console might come with micro sd slot.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. EBay sold listings were averaging $400 as of last week when I checked. Not worth it after fees
Probably lose money lol
Ebay fee for 400 will be like 40 bucks plus paypal fee be like 10
I learned the hard way selling something for 700 and after the fees , i only got 530 lol never again

Reactions: digipimp75

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either