Hacking Switch Got Hacked?! Should I Buy OR Wait?!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Keep in mind this is just a PoC showcasing the fact that the browser (or minimal interface) is open for attacks.
For endusers it means nothing, however, people well knowledgeable in exploiting and hacking can use this to their advantage to screw around with the Nintendo switch OS and the RAM.

Reactions: iAqua and jakibaki

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OPEN THE FLOOD GATES TO RANDOMNESS.

Seriously on more important matter. While the idea of buying a switch for hacks, perhaps that should have been considered before the out of stock problem occured, like pre-order? Suddenly people want a console that is "hacked" with no use to us normal causal people as of yet and is just minor exploit found.

I'm not saying is not a reason to be excited or that the thread is unnecessary but if you wanted a switch for hacking, you didn''t have to wait untill one was made. Just buy one, and don't use it. Keep it locked away in a safe, in the attic or closet until a golden egg for it gets laid like wii u did, with the Millions who had a wiiu for very specific games like bayonetta 2, mario kart 8, smash bros, or mario maker. :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't they be useful? I'd kill for some homebrew to remotely turn off the console.
You know, this very thing pissed me off. I have to Hold the power button on the system to turn it off, no other way. Not even from the quick menu, so when docked it sucks. :wtf:

I hope a update changes that, how could something so simple be forgotten? what do they think this is, NES classic with a 2 foot cord we gotta sit next to the console??

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, this very thing pissed me off. I have to Hold the power button on the system to turn it off, no other way. Not even from the quick menu, so when docked it sucks. :wtf:

I hope a update changes that, how could something so simple be forgotten? what do they think this is, NES classic with a 2 foot cord we gotta sit next to the console??
I know. The Wii could do it, the Wii U could do it but not the Switch? It's definitely a step backwards. I had to move my Switch from my entertainment center to my desk so I'm able to turn it off when I'm done, not gonna get up for that every time.

It reminds me of the Master System and how the pause button was on the console rather than the controllers so you had to have that system in arms reach if you ever needed to stop.

Take a read at this hilarious topic that someone didn't read properly.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-remote-shut-down.462998/

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I would buy it (although it's not cheap) because in time, Nintendo will patch exploits (after it will become reality on the switch). Have it, but just don't update it :D
There's nothing a hacked Switch will offer that other hackable devices will offer lol. You can do the same with an Nvidia Shield :rofl2:
U are saying, that u can play Zelda BOTW and Mario kart 8 (and other stuff) on android? Wow. Nintendo should hire you for your programming skills.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Arkium

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy it (although it's not cheap) because in time, Nintendo will patch exploits (after it will become reality on the switch). Have it, but just don't update it :D

U are saying, that u can play Zelda BOTW and Mario kart 8 (and other stuff) on android? Wow. Nintendo should hire you for your programming skills.

Seems pretty obvious that he's saying an Nvidia Shield can do anything that hacking a Switch would get you (Homebrew games, emulators, etc.), which is pretty damn accurate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-