Hacking Switch Got Hacked?! Should I Buy OR Wait?!

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably lose money lol
Ebay fee for 400 will be like 40 bucks plus paypal fee be like 10
I learned the hard way selling something for 700 and after the fees , i only got 530 lol never again

Exactly. I figured it would have to sell for at least $420 (shipping included) to be somewhat worthwhile. Less $42 to Ebay, then about $11-$12 to Paypal, about $15 for shipping. The total after those fees would be about $351, and if I paid $317.99 for the console (after sales tax), then you're looking at only about $33 profit. Not "bad", but just not worth the time to deal with it. So I just returned it to Best Buy while still within their 15-day policy. I should have sold the preorder though lol. Some people made out pretty well on those sales.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really. EBay sold listings were averaging $400 as of last week when I checked. Not worth it after fees
lol, well, I looked at ebay just for fun and most of auction reached above 525$ CAD (here, a new one is sold 400 CAD)

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, well, I looked at ebay just for fun and most of auction reached above 525$ CAD (here, a new one is sold 400 CAD)

Oh I'm sure that the numbers will continue to rise if the stock isn't replenished soon, but I just wasn't willing to take the risk. Plus, I have too much going on with work and family so it was best to just get rid of it quick. There will be other opportunities to flip :)

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's just the tip of the iceberg for now, nothing too complex was done.

Then again I am less surprised about this hack as we all know it uses Nvidia's components which are used on Android. Which by itself is hacked fairly frequently.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I figured it would have to sell for at least $420 (shipping included) to be somewhat worthwhile. Less $42 to Ebay, then about $11-$12 to Paypal, about $15 for shipping. The total after those fees would be about $351, and if I paid $317.99 for the console (after sales tax), then you're looking at only about $33 profit. Not "bad", but just not worth the time to deal with it. So I just returned it to Best Buy while still within their 15-day policy. I should have sold the preorder though lol. Some people made out pretty well on those sales.

you guys do realize if you have an ebay store the fee on a switch is only 4%, not 10%.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see the benefit of homebrew being on the switch.

1) only userland, so only so much we can do (other then some basic programs)

2)even if it had kernel access, the games selection right now are too shit and not worth pirating anyway.

MasterSore

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I'm sure that the numbers will continue to rise if the stock isn't replenished soon, but I just wasn't willing to take the risk. Plus, I have too much going on with work and family so it was best to just get rid of it quick. There will be other opportunities to flip :)
I don't know what you guys are on about. They're in stock in my country because nobody can fucking afford them. :D

If any of you scalpers want to stock up, you can use my address to forward them to your destination if you give me one and pay shipping.

Last edited by MasterSore,

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now what did you do that for?

Multiple reasons, but mostly I just feel that there's not enough there to justify a day one purchase. Plus, I've got a baby on the way and things are really busy at my job, so there will be no time to play it. I'll probably pick it up again later in the year, or early next year. When I went to return it, the look on the Best Buy employee's face was priceless though. You would have thought that I brought in the holy grail! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.