Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B9S has literally nothing to do with this
And how are you so aware of this, without making assumptions? I'm glad you know how to fix his problem. Good thing we have you on-board here to give him the trick to fixing his shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No reply? ... That's kind of what I thought.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And how are you so aware of this, without making assumptions? I'm glad you know how to fix his problem. Good thing we have you on-board here to give him the trick to fixing his shit.

No reply? ... That's kind of what I thought.

Yes, because everyone has to reply in under 30 minutes, if they don't, then you obviously win the argument... an argument which doesn't exist.

And I'm not making assumptions, this has literally even been explained to you in this very thread.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, because everyone has to reply in under 30 minutes, if they don't, then you obviously win the argument... an argument which doesn't exist.

And I'm not making assumptions, this has literally even been explained to you in this very thread.
Don't quote me unless you've got the answer, bud. Sounds to me like you're just trying to dodge the question.

If you know what's wrong, then why don't you fix it? Hm? And if you don't, then you have no right to say that it's not B9S. I've seen so many topics lately with people having issues with it.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't quote me unless you've got the answer, bud. Sounds to me like you're just trying to dodge the question.

If you know what's wrong, then why don't you fix it? Hm? And if you don't, then you have no right to say that it's not B9S. I've seen so many topics lately with people having issues with it.

:rofl2: my god how stupider can you be.
It's like you've completely ignored the second part of my post. B9S is just the god damned entry point, this is a CFW problem.
Did B9S beat up your grandmother or something?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would i need to update luma again after putting boot.firm on my sd card? i replaced the old file with the new one and im still getting problems... i just updated luma again after so im going to test smash bros again
You just need to replace the boot.firm. If that doesn't work I'm not sure. Sorry.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel like Luma 8.x shouldn't have been released publicly until all the bugs where fixed, but then again the devs wouldn't even know there are tons of bugs unless using the public releases as a test bed of sorts to find bugs more quickly

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's clear this up: this is a problem with Luma. B9S has no effect on whether smash bros works- B9S only effects your system to boot luma. It doesn't even touch the arm11 processor where smash bros runs, it only touches arm9.
Ya sure? Because I don't think you're sure. It could have extended complications.

Story time.
There was once someone talking about Pandoras Battery (remember that?) and with the new model of PSP coming out, he said all previous ones couldn't be hacked because it doesn't "touch" the firmware, or whatever.

He was wrong.

Careful what you try and say when you don't know all the facts:)

Last edited by Thirty3Three,
Trophies
XP
OMFG, this is basic facts. Boot9strap simply loads cfw code. It doesn't effect the arm11 processor, or even the arm9 that much. It's not going to do anything to Smash Bros. Stop speculating when you clearly know nothing about how boot9strap works.

And you can't compare something with the psp to something on the 3ds. They aren't even remotely similar systems on the back end.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG, this is basic facts. Boot9strap simply loads cfw code. It doesn't effect the arm11 processor, or even the arm9 that much. It's not going to do anything to Smash Bros. Stop speculating when you clearly know nothing about how boot9strap works.

And you can't compare something with the psp to something on the 3ds. They aren't even remotely similar systems on the back end.
He's obviously trolling. Leave it alone.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do you knwo it doesn't affect anything within the system itself, beyond the loading? Hm? You're making an assumption.

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was right. It really does seem like B9S is shit compared to Al9h.

... and all those assholes saying, "no YOU messed up." idiots. B9S has bugs.
*It is Luma's fault. B9S doesn't access the arm11 processor and B9S itself doesn't even affect games at all
i feel like Luma 8.x shouldn't have been released publicly until all the bugs where fixed, but then again the devs wouldn't even know there are tons of bugs unless using the public releases as a test bed of sorts to find bugs more quickly
It was a beta anyway.

it did not work, its ok ill wait for a fix soon
Which firmware version are you on? You can try consulting the Homebrew Discord or report the issue on Luma's github (I don't think latter is effective, though)
Here is a 7.1 build of Luma which works on B9S 1.2, please try it. You can also try installing a nightly version.

Last edited by nitroBW,
Reactions: Lacius
Trophies
XP
You clearly know nothing about cfw. Games run on the arm11 processor. Boot9strap gets loaded by the bootrom through a hijacked signature, just like a firmware. It then loads cfw code. Luma runs mainly on the arm11 processor through rosalina, with other patches to arm9. Boot9strap itself does not patch anything. It is impossible for it to effect games.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You clearly know nothing about cfw. Games run on the arm11 processor. Boot9strap gets loaded by the bootrom through a hijacked signature, just like a firmware. It then loads cfw code. Luma runs mainly on the arm11 processor through rosalina, with other patches to arm9. Boot9strap itself does not patch anything. It is impossible for it to effect games.
You clearly know nothing about cfw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1