Hacking How to reinstall B9S without NTRBoot?

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I found a feature in GodMode9 Megascript that allows me to delete CFW from the 3DS. So I did it, without realizing it removed CFW from a hidden partition named G:/ I didn't even know that G:/ existed, and B9S must've been in the G:/ partition and i deleted the CFW from G:/ partition via GodMode9 Megascript. Next thing i did is to restore nand backup and after it was done, rebooted 3ds, it still works, Luma3DS menu doesn't show, GodMode9 doesn't boot ethier. Now i wanted to put cfw back on 3ds because it was an accident. DSiWare Management didn't load titles cuz i still had DSi games on the TWLN, so i formatted the 3ds, went to 3ds.hacks.guide to redo the process, when clicking on microSD card, it shows an error has occurred, forcing the software to close. This is the stupidest thing i've ever done. I shouldn't have uninstalled hax because now i can't rehack it. I don't have an R4i card or a magnet (i don't know where to get an R4i and magnet) I'm blaming myself for deleting CFW/B9S.

I had all files in the correct locations, tried a clean 2GB card, still the same error. Biggest mistake of my life.

Is there another way to reinstall B9S/CFW without NTRBoot?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
🤦‍♀️
Sorry, I had to. If you really accidentally uninstalled B9S, this would be a huge bug in GodMode9. It is supposed to turn the screen red and show a very clear warning demanding a random key sequence for confirmation of such a task.

Drive [G:] isn't a hidden drive. It is something temporarily mounted. The B9S exploit sits in FIRM0 and FIRM1.
====
If you have the current movable.sed give this path a try:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(pichaxx)

Only ntrboot is more or less guaranteed to work i problematic situations.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need to go down the NTRBoot path, I believe ACE3DS+ cards can be flashed to NTRBoot using a stock 3ds. They are readily available on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, etc. They are usually sold as 200/500-in-1 DS games, but are also sold as R4 clones (you can check the flashcarts reddit wiki for how to identify one). They are available for under $10 on Aliexpress, and under $20 on Amazon if you don't want to wait for shipping from China.

You should be able to find a magnet pretty easily. Check your refrigerator if you are in the US.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
If you need to go down the NTRBoot path, I believe ACE3DS+ cards can be flashed to NTRBoot using a stock 3ds. They are readily available on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, etc. They are usually sold as 200/500-in-1 DS games, but are also sold as R4 clones (you can check the flashcarts reddit wiki for how to identify one). They are available for under $10 on Aliexpress, and under $20 on Amazon if you don't want to wait for shipping from China.
Only the original Ace3DS+ and Gateway Blue clone variants supports ntrboot, the recommended variant does not.

(it's hard to be sure whether you'll get a Gateway clone or normal clone, labelled ones are so far always normal, but unlabelled are sometimes Gateway, the Gateway ones support ntrboot but don't work on unmodded DSi/3DS)

It's best to get an Acekard 2i or timebomb clone for ntrboot, as the wiki you linked says.

You should be able to find a magnet pretty easily. Check your refrigerator if you are in the US.
OT: Refridgerator magnets are an american thing?? If so that's one thing we do good. My parents new fridge actually has a non-magnetic front which we all found really dumb lol

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don’t have access to an NTRBoot compatible card, might I suggest the seedminer tutorial? It requires no extra 3DS or NTRBoot compatible card and achieves the same thing.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Only the original Ace3DS+ and Gateway Blue clone variants supports ntrboot, the recommended variant does not.

Thanks. Thats unclear because the ntrboot flasher release says it supports Ace3DS+ and clones without any qualification.

OT: Refridgerator magnets are an american thing?? If so that's one thing we do good. My parents new fridge actually has a non-magnetic front which we all found really dumb lol

I’m not sure how prevalent they are in other places. They were invented in the US and my understanding was they are less popular in Europe because of the prevalence of smaller fridges made of non-magnetic materials. I could be wrong on that.

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
🤦‍♀️
Sorry, I had to. If you really accidentally uninstalled B9S, this would be a huge bug in GodMode9. It is supposed to turn the screen red and show a very clear warning demanding a random key sequence for confirmation of such a task.

Drive [G:] isn't a hidden drive. It is something temporarily mounted. The B9S exploit sits in FIRM0 and FIRM1.
====
If you have the current movable.sed give this path a try:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(pichaxx)

Only ntrboot is more or less guaranteed to work in problematic situations.
PicHaxx didn't work ethier.

Last edited by J-Will,
  • Sad
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PicHaxx didn't work ethier,
Assuming you don't have access to a compatible DS flashcard for ntrboot or a second 3DS that is already hacked, give seedminer a shot. It uses friend codes and adds a friend to the 3DS that will brute force your movable.sed and let you use that to exploit the 3DS through the web browser. Usually works great.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assuming you don't have access to a compatible DS flashcard for ntrboot or a second 3DS that is already hacked, give seedminer a shot. It uses friend codes and adds a friend to the 3DS that will brute force your movable.sed and let you use that to exploit the 3DS through the web browser. Usually works great.
The methods @J-Will tried are different Seedminer paths. Since DSiWare Data Management crashes, the main method (BannerBomb3) doesn't work.
The alternative is using movable.sed retrieved by Seedminer for creating a modified (exploit) save for the Picross game. This doesn't require access to DSiWare Data Management.
But since we now have this:
PicHaxx didn't work ethier,
I'm out of ideas. Well, a better description why and what failed on the PicHaxx method could potentially help. Alas, there is a reason for not uninstalling B9S.
If all else fails, this means: Get a compatible R4.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s fair. And also why I bought an Acekard 2i. It has the ability to be flashed for NTRboot and maintain the ability to be used as a regular flash card for DS games.

I have a spare ntrboot preflashed card available as well, but other than test it I’ve never actually used it. I found it at a local flea market and the seller said it was broken. Gave it to me. I thought it was a regular knock of R4 that had the kernel missing (and I suppose it is a knockoff R4) but after some research I found out it’s actually a preflashed NTRboot card. Same as this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/mini-review-r4i-kit-b9s-dual-card-ntrboot.491026/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol