new 3ds hardbricked after a ctrtranfer 2.1, i'm trying to restore back my nand with hardmod but...

achillebrac07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i bricked my 3ds while trying to install a9lh, so i had to remove b9s first. i still have the good nand files to flash it back, but it doesn't show a bootrom error on boot, only a black screen (like usual). the wiring is fine, the only thing that probably matters is that i didn't soldered the wires to the micro usb port, i soldered them directly to the micro sd card adapter. if anyone can help me to figure out what's wrong. here is the wiring method . i also tried ntrboot too but it won't work (the flashcard is ok). thanks in advance

UPDATE: I wanted to try one last time with ntrboot but starting godmode9. At first I realize that it didn't turn on properly (white flash on the top screen) before it didn't do it but it turned on and remained black, I realized that a connector (those “slide only”) was badly connected or broken, I pushed a little and now it goes correctly into bootrom error, I don't know what's going on it's very strange. Now if I can flash it again just disconnect GND or do I have to remove everything completely so that the bootrom error does not appear?

Last edited by achillebrac07,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really see what was the point of installing a9lh since it's quite old and not used anymore. Reading your post, I don't get it, why install a9lh instead of just installing b9s and luma and be done with it?
Also, this is the first time I hear about a hardmod on a new3ds, quite.....interesting and pointless

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see what was the point of installing a9lh since it's quite old and not used anymore. Reading your post, I don't get it, why install a9lh instead of just installing b9s and luma and be done with it?
Also, this is the first time I hear about a hardmod on a new3ds, quite.....interesting and pointless

Before ntrboothax you actually needed a hardmod and a nand backup to unbrick.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, but it was done when we had the o3ds only and bricks have become rare nowadays, people use that word even if it's not a brick. That's why I said I never saw a hardmod for the New 3ds

I actually own a hard modded new 3ds.

20220314_165330.jpg

20220314_162333.jpg
20220314_162406.jpg

1695730062844.png

Post automatically merged:

And the other things that i tried are done BEFORE opening the console and doing the hardmod so I don’t think it’s an mcu brick

If you get a blue light then it goes away then you can recover it, if you don't have a led light when turning it on it might be mcu brick, as it is possible on new 3ds firmware 2.1.

Last edited by Hayato213,

achillebrac07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

20220314_165330.jpg

20220314_162333.jpg
20220314_162406.jpg

View attachment 395945

If you get a blue light then it goes away then you can recover it, if you don't have a led light when turning it on it might be mcu brick, as it is possible on new 3ds firmware 2.1.

20220314_165330.jpg

20220314_162333.jpg
20220314_162406.jpg

View attachment 395945

The 3ds it’s alive, it can’t boot because it’s not on native fw, there isn’t any problem with hardware as far as I know. It does the same black screen, Even after I opened it to solder the cables. This afternoon if i can i’ll post pic of the wires

20220314_165330.jpg

20220314_162333.jpg
20220314_162406.jpg

View attachment 395945

ok now for some reason it boots with the bootrom error, i powered on for try one last time to use ntrboot, but it pops up, can i just desolder the GND cable from the cartridge slot and boot without it? when the micro usb port will come i'll make this mod permanent like you did.

Last edited by achillebrac07,

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Two things if you haven't fixed yet @achillebrac07
1- What is the behavior when you try ntrboot? (And what is your flashcard). I'm asking this because with my flashcard here (Acekard 2i) I have to insert and remove the cartridge a few times in the New 3DS for it to work, probably some micro differences in cartridge fitting and on Old 3ds, always recognizes on the first try.
2- Did you try to boot it in Godmode9 as you wrote at the end of your post? And have you also tried booting into Decrypt9?

achillebrac07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two things if you haven't fixed yet @achillebrac07
1- What is the behavior when you try ntrboot? (And what is your flashcard). I'm asking this because with my flashcard here (Acekard 2i) I have to insert and remove the cartridge a few times in the New 3DS for it to work, probably some micro differences in cartridge fitting and on Old 3ds, always recognizes on the first try.
2- Did you try to boot it in Godmode9 as you wrote at the end of your post? And have you also tried booting into Decrypt9
My cartridge is fine i was able to boot into godmode9, it is a r4i 3ds rts wi-fi and yes i’m doing the combo (X+selct+start+magnet under the a and b button) Explanation: the white flashing (as expected) was the hardware check, it was missing connection with a ribbon cable (i don’t know but it only does that while i try to boot into godmode9 with ntrboot), I checked more carfully and the top screen ribbon cable was shorting because some pins are bended. before that all happened i was able to boot, but the top screen was shorting and the down button It wasn't stopping to press down itself (probably it was shorting with something), i tried to unplug the d-pad ribbon cable and it still did that, now i’ve ordered the top screen connector and i’m waiting for it, i suppose that it is the reason of all the problems. I can’t even unbrick it to test if the other things are broken and I’m afraid that the shorting damaged something else. I forgot to mention that i removed all the wires from the motherboard (it wasn’t detecting the emmc chip and i gave up with that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto