Homebrew Super Smash Bros is having problems after switching to b9s

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"really weird problem". Dodging the B9S issue, eh? It's not weird if you take in all possibilities:)
Everyone knows that if a possibility is disproven, you shouldn't take it into account. And with B9S not even messing with games, which is a fact, we can pretty much ignore it. Feel free to provide any kind of proof for your side though.
Luma is still the ONLY thing actually affecting games, also a fact, not B9S.

Tick show nand or user string, enable game patching if you had any game mods, and clock+L2 if you are on a n3ds.
Now that you mention it, I wonder what his clock settings were.

Ihateweebs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you were playing with mods the whole time, I wouldn't know what to do now :/
Never came across something like this, sorry
I did have mods installed but I was not using them when I updated.. after the update and all the issues happened I thought the mods were a problem,so I deleted my saltysd folder and saltysdmods folder. I had also uninstalled smash selector

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have mods installed but I was not using them when I updated.. after the update and all the issues happened I thought the mods were a problem,so I deleted my saltysd folder and saltysdmods folder. I had also uninstalled smash selector
same i had a bunch of mods but i deleted everything you named

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS XL, Luma 8.1 Smash on Cartridge. No problems. Could it be an issue with the eShop version?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed longer loading times since switching to b9s (from menuhax, of all things) and things like sound clips and pop-in graphics infrequently are delayed when they try to load. I'm using Luma 8.0 and a N3DS.

EDIT: My mistake, I'm using Luma 7.1.

Last edited by Meteor7,
Reactions: Thirty3Three

Silent Hell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the SAME issue as OP. I noticed I've been barely getting games in Sm4sh. At first I thought I was in For Glory Hell but I usually circumvented those by changing my serial in Secureinfo_A. And I'd still sometimes get games in For Fun and I do get connection errors occasionally on it. I'll try the legacy build.

EDIT: It actually worked. I can frequently get For Fun games and get matched quicker with For Glory. I also noticed it booted faster. So IDK what you're doing OP.

Last edited by Silent Hell,

Ihateweebs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the SAME issue as OP. I noticed I've been barely getting games in Sm4sh. At first I thought I was in For Glory Hell but I usually circumvented those by changing my serial in Secureinfo_A. And I'd still sometimes get games in For Fun and I do get connection errors occasionally on it. I'll try the legacy build.

EDIT: It actually worked. I can frequently get For Fun games and get matched quicker with For Glory. I also noticed it booted faster. So IDK what you're doing OP.
Maybe I installed legacy wrong, as I did not get a Luma configuration screen after replacing the boot.firm.... can you send me the link for the legacy build? I will try when i get home

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll let you know, I am at the dentist right now so in about an hour I'll be home
ok ty :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, my first post says I had the SAME issue. I thought I was just softbanned and was getting frustrated that editing secureinfo_A wasn't getting me unbanned from For Glory Hell but now I get games ASAP. There's no harm in trying it yourself.
will that effect anything that i do on my 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol