Super Mario Maker Smash Bros Stage coming SEPT 30TH

A new stage has just been announced via the Nintendo Youtube channel! This new Mario Maker stage allows you to fight on randomly generated stages from the hit new Nintendo game, Super Mario Maker.
The hand will actively repair the stage as segments are broken or changed, and various stage hazards can appear. The stage will be available on both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Super Smash Brothers.

CO6ITOwUAAAQoup.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think we are all missing the bigger question here...........is the hand still a sexist, racist and ageist and any other number of "ist's" a 2-bit reporter can think up :tpi:

Reactions: omgpwn666

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It looks like a fun stage but $2.50 is a bit steep.
I'm sure my brother will end up buying it anyway so I'll still get to play it, just not at home (but I never play Sm4sh at home anyway)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
For a well designed stage that's different with each play, I don't think 2.50 dollars is that steep.

Then again, the ludicrous microtransaction circus that is CS:GO has probably desensitized me a bit.

Reactions: samiam144

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lol $2.50 "overpriced"
While I would normally agree, compare it to Mario Kart 8 DLC.

$12/16 for 16 tracks + a load of other stuff versus $2.49 for one map.

For one map.

Think about the possibilities available for Mario Maker. The result so far is only one map, which is not free. If they went this far, why not just open it up for full customization? Hell, this would make quite a few of my friends buy their own Smash Bros WiiU+Mario Maker copies and they don't even own a WiiU yet..

Reactions: MarkDarkness
D

Deleted-236924

While I would normally agree, compare it to Mario Kart 8 DLC.

$12/16 for 16 tracks + a load of other stuff versus $2.49 for one map.

For one map.

Think about the possibilities available for Mario Maker. The result so far is only one map, which is not free. If they went this far, why not just open it up for full customization? Hell, this would make quite a few of my friends buy their own Smash Bros WiiU+Mario Maker copies and they don't even own a WiiU yet..

If you're gonna compare it to other stuff, then you could say everything is overpriced because something else is comparatively cheaper.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I had time to read more... I'm not impressed. At first I thought they made it so that you could use Mario Maker to create new levels for other titles...
...which would make this worth the money. Still kinda cool though. Then again, when I buy a game, I want ALL the content on disc, I dislike gradual upgrades and updates.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I had time to read more... I'm not impressed. At first I thought they made it so that you could use Mario Maker to create new levels for other titles...
...which would make this worth the money. Still kinda cool though. Then again, when I buy a game, I want ALL the content on disc, I dislike gradual upgrades and updates.

But its not always a case of just putting it all on the disc. Companies who do dlc right release it as what it is: additional content developed after release to add stuff to an already finished game. Would you have rather paid 16$ for Mario kart dlc, or 60 for Mario kart 9 with a few added characters and the tracks from the dlc? Even new CoD games are essentially things that could have been dlc on another previous installment. Now on disc dlc, I don't like. Nor do I like day 1 dlc. If its ready on day one, put it on the disc as part of the game or an unlockable.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But its not always a case of just putting it all on the disc. Companies who do dlc right release it as what it is: additional content developed after release to add stuff to an already finished game. Would you have rather paid 16$ for Mario kart dlc, or 60 for Mario kart 9 with a few added characters and the tracks from the dlc? Even new CoD games are essentially things that could have been dlc on another previous installment. Now on disc dlc, I don't like. Nor do I like day 1 dlc. If its ready on day one, put it on the disc as part of the game or an unlockable.

I understand the concept, but I'm 40, so I'm rather fond of the old days where you have a hard copy of your game, as opposed to having bits and pieces of it also stored on your WiiU hard drive... which Nintendo will eventually cease to support someday, thus flushing all that property down the drain once your system is dead.
The least the companies can do is offer an unlock key to the system and some basic tools so you can back up and modify your system as if it were hacked, or at least to the ability to fully backup your content and install it offline. Crap they could possibly do that now, but I'm sure they are afraid of risking the system's security.

Also, having own computers since the Atari 400 days, I love free software, I love to be able to make my own stuff with game engines, and I love free MODs from the various game communities. DOOM in itself could be the only FPS I ever owned in this respect, but there is so much more. As I see it, companies now a days with their on-line centric game consoles, are just nickle and diming that concept, but without the spirit you find backing many projects created not for profit, but out of love.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E