Not open for further replies.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
amptor said:
True and however correct you are, I believe he caused more than 1.5 million in damages. He didn't allow the game to make it to street before the whole world copied it. the damage is not measurable.
so nintendo have no problem you downloading the game for free as long as you do it once the retail release is released 1st?!!
rofl.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
amptor said:
True and however correct you are, I believe he caused more than 1.5 million in damages. He didn't allow the game to make it to street before the whole world copied it. the damage is not measurable.

Try backing your statements up with fact next time. NSMB Wii is the highest grossing, and selling, Wii title to date. It broke numerous records, selling millions of copies in just a single day. During the first ~2-3 months it was out, it was near impossible to find it on a shelf somewhere. Companies sold out across the World, awaiting more copies from Nintendo.

So how is selling out nearly everywhere damaging to Nintendo? As I said again, and I will reiterate, just because someone wants to download the game before it street dates for whatever reason, does not mean they are not purchasing the game when it does retail!!!!!

Yes, I too hate people begging for free stuff. What do I do about it? I ignore them instead of running to the teacher and tattle-tailing on someone that isn't even doing anything against the rules. So yes, let us all support Nintendo and purchase the game. But that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with people wanting to be part of the electronically "1337 H4X0RZ" that get to play the game early. After all, they need to increase the size of their e-penises somehow.

Yes but it is against forum rules and for good reason, not really much to do with it being annoying (except I'm sure that there are mods that would find it annoying). Also you can't quantify the losses of piracy with a true bone knuckle fact on paper. It is always estimated losses. Nintendo figured they'd lose $1.5 AUD from that somehow, so that is what they came up with. But what more fact do I need than to just paste a link to the Nintendo anti piracy articles and it is even hosted on their own web site? I rest my case?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
amptor said:
so nintendo have no problem you downloading the game for free as long as you do it once the retail release is released 1st?!!
rofl.gif

have you been reading about this stuff lately? it is thought that pirates buy as much as or actually more legit games/movies/music than people who don't pirate at all. so there is reason behind things sometimes. it's not like it'd be hard for them to knock down a group if they wanted to. it'd cost a lot of money in litigation though, but it would be just a drop in the bucket.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, how many downloads of Super Mario Galaxy 2 there are, I'm sure it's all fake, but he, I'm bored XD

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
Yes but it is against forum rules and for good reason, not really much to do with it being annoying (except I'm sure that there are mods that would find it annoying). Also you can't quantify the losses of piracy with a true bone knuckle fact on paper. It is always estimated losses. Nintendo figured they'd lose $1.5 AUD from that somehow, so that is what they came up with. But what more fact do I need than to just paste a link to the Nintendo anti piracy articles and it is even hosted on their own web site? I rest my case?

Again, how is talking about something against the rules? It's hearsay, which, FACT: is ALWAYS dismissable in court and can not be used as evidence. I might say "I'm going to kill my wife tomorrow gais!" but that doesn't mean I'm actually going to do it, or that I even have a wife to begin with! (she is SMOKING HAWT!!) So, unless people are posting download links, or telling others exactly where to get releases, there is no rule being broken here. Unless you found something that I overlooked, which I would then encourage you to set me straight (not that I'm gay....hardy har har).

As for the $1.5 million AUD loss, LOL! Since when are estimated losses EVER accurate? Do I need to start quoting MPAA/RIAA court rulings? I'm not saying Nintendo didn't lose money. All I'm saying is that it literally could not have sold faster, and they could not have made money any quicker. Oh wait, yes they could have. If they actually made enough copies and shipped them the first time around, or gone less than a month before resupplying stores, then yes, they could have made more. Otherwise, I fail to see how they could have made any more money in any quicker amount of time, considering it was SOLD OUT virtually everywhere (yes, I placed a quantifier there. Wanna fight about it?).

We all know the $1.5 million AUD (plus Nintendo's attorney fees, so it was a bit more than $1.5 million) was a randomly large number, that no 23 year old living at home could ever pay off in their entire lifetime, short of living the lottery. It's just a large enough number to cripple this guy for the rest of his life, without it being too high to cause suspicion. And no, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be on house arrest for the rest of his life without a computer (I made that part up, unless it turns out to be true, then I didn't) and having to pay a huge unrealistic amount of money for breaking the law. I'm just saying the amount Nintendo came up with is an arbitrary number, just like the rest of the lot (MPAA, RIAA, etc). After all, no one can accurately predict an alternate timeline, now can they? Wait, they can!?!? Sweet! Time to see what it would've been like if coach put me in fourth quarter.....

So basically what I'm saying is, just stop talking please, unless it relates to the topic, which so far, it hasn't. Neither have my posts, but I'm just special like that. This is a forum, not a courtroom.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
Luigi728 said:
Well, how many downloads of Super Mario Galaxy 2 there are, I'm sure it's all fake, but he, I'm bored XD
they are if it was out i'd have it now on usenet
tongue.gif

Usenet? I think I know what you mean, never got it working XD

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, I doubt we'd see a release prior to the street date, May 23, 2010. I mean, that's this sunday. Everyone can wait a few days. Won't make or break you. Just a shame I'm on my vacation then. I miss the best Sunday in many years: SMG2 and the finale of Lost.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OrGoN3 said:
Really, I doubt we'd see a release prior to the street date, May 23, 2010. I mean, that's this sunday. Everyone can wait a few days. Won't make or break you. Just a shame I'm on my vacation then. I miss the best Sunday in many years: SMG2 and the finale of Lost.

O, I can perfectly wait, but I'm bored anyway, so I check the downloads.

A

armand66

yeh, office is about 3 seasons too long at this point, they are really grasping for straws atm

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
By the way, mods, allowing so much warez talk on the forum. tsk tsk remember what happened to the guy from Australia. I think a moderator should come through and sweep this whole thread. People not wanting to buy the game and continually begging for it. That can't make Nintendo too happy.

Reason being is that this thread and threads like this should just be kept for anticipation of the release date for the sale of the game. All the rest of this stuff is a long troll / warez pup hunt. Not to mention people who won't do the work themself
smile.gif

I Lol'd your truly DYING for someone to flame you over that aren't you?

take your trolling self out of here, its irritating if the mods truly did think this wasn't good or w/e
then all comments relating to warez etc heck possibly this whole thread would be closed by now

and your "tsk tsk" isn't welcomed here. the mods know what they do thats why THERE MODS and you are just a member.
rofl.gif

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidnlta said:
Ok so i talked to a couple of people in the wii scene and i no 2 groups have it but they arent gonna release it any earlier then this weekend for reasons they wouldnt say. I asked about AP and i couldnt get an answer sadly.

I lolled!

Isn't scene release about what group has the first proper releases of a major title ...

And you claim two groups have the thing but none will release it
rofl.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
[On Topic] I've been so disappointed with the first SMG that I just don't want to hear about this one. The game's too easy and not even funny. Hope this one will be better

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ritsuki said:
[On Topic] I've been so disappointed with the first SMG that I just don't want to hear about this one. The game's too easy and not even funny. Hope this one will be better

I like my games easy, makes my fun level higher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ancient would be rocking your world out. :rofl2: :rofl2: