Gaming Super Mario Bros - The Lost Levels is coming to e-shop

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twinbee is one of my fav shooters. i just wish it had mutilplayer option... hell even local would of been fine for me. but the only local player game is urban champions...

D

Deleted_171835

Man, I think this is the perfect time for Nintendo to release SMB3 as a 3D classic,
Nintendo just got back with tanooki suit, and that would please the fans and sell a lot.

They could remake it with NSMB engine, it would be perfect, would make astonishing sells,
and would please the fans of SKJmin hack.

Sometimes I think Nintendo is so stubborn, why not releasing titles that people want.
There are no SNES VC titles, neither gba(excluding ambassador ones),
there are just few NES titles, and fewer gbc titles.
They don't use achievements, the demos have limit of usage,
and many other stuff I could spend a day talking about,
but I guess it's unnecessary and would only generate flame war
That's a horrible fucking idea. I'm glad you don't work for Nintendo.

SMB3 in the NSMB style would ruin all the visual charm the game has. Leave that to shitty rom-hacks.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's a horrible fucking idea. I'm glad you don't work for Nintendo.

SMB3 in the NSMB style would ruin all the visual charm the game has. Leave that to shitty rom-hacks.

This kind of idiotic nostalgia is what kill brilliant ideas.
Anyway, Mario always sell, and SKJmin hack is very popular,
I don't see how this could go wrong

D

Deleted_171835

This kind of idiotic nostalgia is what kill brilliant ideas.
Anyway, Mario always sell, and SKJmin hack is very popular,
I don't see how this could go wrong
A brilliant idea is recreating a classic game with an art-style that has aged fine into the style of the NSMB series?

No, I call it rehashing.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A brilliant idea is recreating a classic game with an art-style that has aged fine into the style of the NSMB series?

No, I call it rehashing.

And what's your idea?
using sprites from the 80s?

It's rehashing, but it's the best option to make the game modern and to attract a new public

D

Deleted_171835

And what's your idea?
using sprites from the 80s?

It's rehashing, but it's the best option to make the game modern and to attract a new public
My idea is not re-releasing the fucking game in the NSMB engine.

People already call Nintendo lazy for the NSMB series, just imagine the backlash if this happens. Not to mention the damage this will do SMB3's visual charm.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My idea is not re-releasing the fucking game in the NSMB engine.

People already call Nintendo lazy for the NSMB series, just imagine the backlash if this happens. Not to mention the damage this will do SMB3's visual charm.

Nintendo already released some old levels for NSMB2 and it worked like a charm.

I'd easily understand if you had a single fucking idea for a remake.

SMB3 graphics aren't good, and game mechanics are even worse,
the game mechanics of NSMB are the better ever in a Mario 2D platform and the graphics(excluding NSMB2) are good.

Mario sells a lot, and a lot of old SMB3 fans would buy it,
so, in the market point of view, I can't see how this could go wrong

D

Deleted_171835

Nintendo already released some old levels for NSMB2 and it worked like a charm.

I'd easily understand if you had a single fucking idea for a remake.

SMB3 graphics aren't good, and game mechanics are even worse,
the game mechanics of NSMB are the better ever in a Mario 2D platform and the graphics(excluding NSMB2) are good.

Mario sells a lot, and a lot of old SMB3 fans would buy it,
so, in the market point of view, I can't see how this could go wrong
The classic levels in NSMB2 were given out for free. And when they do eventually charge money for it, it'll be $2.50. That's a far cry from asking the same amount as cash as a retail game.

There's something called franchise fatigue. Rehashing a well-known game in the NSMB engine is one way to start that process.

SMB3 graphics aren't good

ಠ_ಠ

game mechanics are even worse

ಠ_ಠ

Oh why do I even bother arguing with you when you spout the most asinine bullshit?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The classic levels in NSMB2 were given out for free. And when they do eventually charge money for it, it'll be $2.50. That's a far cry from asking the same amount as cash as a retail game.

I'm not saying that it should cost the same as a DLC,
it could be sold fo $60 and still would sell tons of copies.

There's something called franchise fatigue. Rehashing a well-known game in the NSMB engine is one way to start that process.

Oh why do I even bother arguing with you when you spout the most asinine bullshit?

So it means that making a remake with a modern and new engine is starting franchise fatigue?!
C'mon, how many cases that way have succedd?
This is easy money, and would have astonishing sells.
From comercial point of view, it would succedd with no doubt.

NSMB game mechanics are a lot better than SMB3,
and so are the graphics.

You may not like it, and think it's wrong,
but it would sell anyway, and you would still be crying for that stupid nostalgia.

D

Deleted_171835

iw7bnQlnIC7H4.gif

Reactions: Rizsparky

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby's Adventure 3D classic = NES
Kid Icarus 3D classic = NES
Excitebike 3D classic= NES
Urban Champion 3D classic = NES
Xevious 3D classic = NES
All of which were top rated NES Titles.
They've also offered the biggest NES titles there are (SMB, Zelda, Metroid)
They also offer very entertaining E-Shop games (Cave story +, Pushmo, Crashmo, Liberation Maiden, Monster shooter, etc.)
Im pretty sure they're doing a fine job.

Ummm, the previous poster complained that "ninty announced that they would offer these games for free" which is something I have never heard of.

Regardless your post is INCORRECT with the statement "All of which were top rated NES titles." Many would argue that some of these are NOT "top-rated" titles. Urban Champion consistently receives HORRIBLE reviews, and it always has. Zevious is OK. Excitebite was fun at the time, and there are additions that weren't included in the original version. There are many complaints regarding "Kirby's Adventure 3D" like the annoying border and the small screen size to "stay true" to the original dimensions. EVERY one of these games should have been revamped in order to accommodate the top "wide-screen," and that could have been easily done without annoying scaling issues if they were built from the ground up.

I haven't purchased even one of these games because they are overpriced, and I can play all of these on the Supercard DSTWO (or better yet, the PSP which is FAR SUPERIOR for emulation when compared to the NDS)

Having said that, I LOVE the DS (and 3DS, but unfortunately it's not hacked, and I can't wait to sell off all of my retail games when/if the system eventually gets hacked.) I use that flashcard primarily to play DS games though because it's the way they were meant to be played (as opposed to PC emulators.)

***Off-topic rant***: DO NOT SUPPORT PURCHASING RETAIL GAMES via the eShop. I imagine a horrible world in which physical games completely disappear. This is BAD for collectors. And it is directly bad for you because when you buy one of those games you do not actually OWN it. You do not have the right to re-sell it. In the event that support for the 3DS eshop is dropped down the road, you will NOT be able to "re-download" these games if your system fails. Your games are essentially limited to the lifetime of the 3DS, so how do you own these games? You merely have a temporary license to play these games.

***edit*** I also think it is ridiculous that NINTY sells these NES and other virtual console games for such high prices while offering essentially nothing new. And if you want to play them on multiple platforms, you must pay for each "copy." $5.99 to re-puchase the first Game Boy Zelda...stellar plan. They are completely milking their previous hits while neglecting original games or re-envisioned ports with additional content. Thank GOD for the emulation/dumping/archiving scenes.

A great example of something GOOD that they have done is release sequels to old franchises such as Mega Man 9 and 10. Absolutely GREAT ideas. While the NES 3D classic were mostly shit.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lost all credibility in your statement after that preach for not buying games digitally.
and btw, there are several holes in your statement.
for one thing, I said top rated NES titles. Not the 3DS classic remakes we top rated. The NES games from their timeframe were top rated, therefore my statement was vaild.
second, there is a possibility that the guy does not want to emulate or pirate, therefore hed rather have the games from the eshop. Which would mean your emulation statement is null and void unless otherwise applies.
as for your unessasary rant, what the flying flipflop makes you think nintendo is gonna up and go "HOLY SHIZ PPL BY SHIZ ON ESHOP? SCREW PHYSICAL GAMES! THROW ALL THAT SHIZ ON ESHOP."
Not to mention the fact that Gamestop has announced plans to resell digital content in the future, so that argument is pretty invalid as well.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If digital games were cheaper than retail, AND I could buy one and play it across all of my 3DS Units, I'd buy digital. There are 6 3DS units in my household. I'm not buying a game 6 times. Twice, maybe...if it's something really wanted in my house (and I don't feel like sharing).

This being said, I'll probably buy the Lost Levels. It's 5 bucks, and I've spent more renting it back in the day. Sure, I could fire up the old SNES and play it through that... but since the two places I tend to play my 3DS games are at work or while taking a shit, I'll buy it for a few minutes joy here and there.

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lost all credibility in your statement after that preach for not buying games digitally.
and btw, there are several holes in your statement.
for one thing, I said top rated NES titles. Not the 3DS classic remakes we top rated. The NES games from their timeframe were top rated, therefore my statement was vaild.
second, there is a possibility that the guy does not want to emulate or pirate, therefore hed rather have the games from the eshop. Which would mean your emulation statement is null and void unless otherwise applies.
as for your unessasary rant, what the flying flipflop makes you think nintendo is gonna up and go "HOLY SHIZ PPL BY SHIZ ON ESHOP? SCREW PHYSICAL GAMES! THROW ALL THAT SHIZ ON ESHOP."
Not to mention the fact that Gamestop has announced plans to resell digital content in the future, so that argument is pretty invalid as well.

The person you were replaying to originally said "they should be giving us all the top nes titles in 3d." Then you list a the eshop games that have been "remade" in 3d, most of which completely suck. Not all of these were NOT "top rated" in their "timeframe." Then you replied to him that biggest NES games have been released (Zelda, Mario Bros, etc.) but not in 3d nor with any other changes. So you were missing the guys point.

And, the most idiotic statement you made is "you lost all credibility...after that preach for not buying digital games." I never said anything about not buying digital games that are exclusively on the eShop. Though it still sucks (in my opinion) that is the only way to play them, and who knows, this may be the only time you may ever play them. I said do not buy RETAIL GAMES from the eShop when you can buy a physical copy.

And Gameshop "has plans" to resale digital games? Where the fuck did you hear this and is it even applicable to Nintendo? How is that going to happen considering you can't even sell your game to your friend. The games are stuck on YOUR maching/account. But I'm sure Nintendo will set up some deal with Gamestop to "re-sell" digital content and hurt their profits from eShop sales..... (sarcasm there)

And why in god's name do you own 6 3DS's? One for every child? Because if it's just you, you're nuts, and anyway you could swap that cart between each 3DS because you're surely not playing them all at the same time.

***edit*** Oh, and what makes me think that Nintendo (and other companies) are trying to completely get rid of physical games? Because it's already happening, moron! They have countless advertisements that claim the benefits (it's so convenient! play 6 3DS's at once!) Some companies offer incentives like slight price-reductions in order to convince you to buy digital. Other companies give you more "virtual points" to help you save up for themed posters and other crap. (You should all know the company I'm referring to on that last one.)

Digital delivery SAVES them money by not having to produce physical media and negotiate with retailers. No middleman = lower costs. And just as importantly, it potentially kills all second-hand sales. (Unless your "Gamestop has plans to sell used digital content" comment applies to every drop of digital content from every company that sells games. Then it might nullify my argument as you said it did. But that will NEVER happen. Try to understand economics and how incentive works, and you just might reason out the answer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1