Homebrew Super Mario 64 Port - Wii U

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ftp is once again out of my reach, it’s okay though.

Edit: btw I have the 60fps puppycam version on Wii U and PS Vita and now I just found out it’s also on 3DS but idk how to compile a cia file if anyone can help out I’d appreciate it.
Fyi, anyone who doesn't know, you can build a cia with makerom. You need bannertool to make a bnr and an icn first. The bnr and icn can be created from png files.

fa44

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh it does, I was simply saying, it was the best version I've personally found for the Wii U anyway. It's quite possible that better builds are out there for the system, and even if not, the build could still feasibly be better with more cheats and simple extra debug options like spawning a green shell to ride at any time. I don't really deserve much thanks, I simply found it posted on Reddit and reported about it here.
On sm64pc.info forums there's a lot of spam, but I found a patch for sm64ex that seems to include a "cheat button" for the shell aswell as the Caps und Bobomb. It's called "Additional Buttons for EX", I can't post links yet but I think with this information it's easy enough to find.
Maybe I'll give it a try although it's nothing I was searching for.

For anyone who like me got here after some journey in trying to compile sm64 Port for Wii U, this is the right thread! There's even a forwarder, a tutorial for a channel and a tutorial for creating a whub.

For building on Windows I recommend using WSL. It's described in Post #439 on Page 22 by @ZiRoN321. You can use WSL directly in your Windows Terminal and all the setup is as easy as installing some software!
Google setup WSL2 or something like it! The default ubuntu works fine, for me the symlink in the tutorial wasn't even necessary.

Of course Linux users can do the same on their systems and devkitpro also seems to be available on MacOS so I assume it's similar.

If you prefer installing Windows-Software, try Post #420 on page 21 by @Fladulator. Maybe you can skip building wut since when I installed wut through dkp-pacman it already had the latest version. For many possible errors you can go through the thread.

I came here after failing with the discord tutorial. The main error there is the deprecated wut package I think but the first problem you encounter is the deprecated repository. I got around it but still had problems. I think the guide on page 15 by CrisMod could have helped me with that approach but when I switched to the WSL2-approach there were no problems at all!

Thank you everyone, not only those mentioned and of course especially @AboodXD for creating this port!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On sm64pc.info forums there's a lot of spam, but I found a patch for sm64ex that seems to include a "cheat button" for the shell aswell as the Caps und Bobomb. It's called "Additional Buttons for EX", I can't post links yet but I think with this information it's easy enough to find.
Maybe I'll give it a try although it's nothing I was searching for.

For anyone who like me got here after some journey in trying to compile sm64 Port for Wii U, this is the right thread! There's even a forwarder, a tutorial for a channel and a tutorial for creating a whub.

For building on Windows I recommend using WSL. It's described in Post #439 on Page 22 by @ZiRoN321. You can use WSL directly in your Windows Terminal and all the setup is as easy as installing some software!
Google setup WSL2 or something like it! The default ubuntu works fine, for me the symlink in the tutorial wasn't even necessary.

Of course Linux users can do the same on their systems and devkitpro also seems to be available on MacOS so I assume it's similar.

If you prefer installing Windows-Software, try Post #420 on page 21 by @Fladulator. Maybe you can skip building wut since when I installed wut through dkp-pacman it already had the latest version. For many possible errors you can go through the thread.

I came here after failing with the discord tutorial. The main error there is the deprecated wut package I think but the first problem you encounter is the deprecated repository. I got around it but still had problems. I think the guide on page 15 by CrisMod could have helped me with that approach but when I switched to the WSL2-approach there were no problems at all!

Thank you everyone, not only those mentioned and of course especially @AboodXD for creating this port!
Let me know if you have any success with the builds that can spawn the shell on top of everything else we've seen in the latest and greatest builds running on the Wii U.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, does anyone know if the save issue was ever fixed? makes me want to stay with wii n64 vc since i can't save progress

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, does anyone know if the save issue was ever fixed? makes me want to stay with wii n64 vc since i can't save progress
I never knew there was a save issue. Mine has had no issues saving for with any of the builds I've installed on my Wii U (I've messed with at least 3 different builds on my Wii U at this point), they all have saved properly and loaded properly upon reloading the fans

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ok, after many trials and errors, i finally compiled the latest version with 60 fps on wii u. please note i did this on unbutuu (debian linux), on an older laptop

was able to get it for wii u by modifying the make file directly to include wii u build option and 60 fps patch, then everything worked, including saving. thanks for all the hard work. just for kicks i did check that link, but it has the same issues with old builds not saving . the sm64ex-alo build will save

Spukas

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, after many trials and errors, i finally compiled the latest version with 60 fps on wii u. please note i did this on unbutuu (debian linux), on an older laptop

was able to get it for wii u by modifying the make file directly to include wii u build option and 60 fps patch, then everything worked, including saving. thanks for all the hard work. just for kicks i did check that link, but it has the same issues with old builds not saving . the sm64ex-alo build will save
Hi grandosegood, I also have an sm64-alo build but I want to play with the n64 NSO controller. Bloopair setup works great, I am using aroma. But the B button is mapped to jump (as is the A button). I tried editing the sm64config.txt an to include the "n64_face_buttons true" setting but after starting sm64 it deletes the entry from the txt file. Do you know how to change the controls? There is also no possibility in the R menu whileplaying.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi grandosegood, I also have an sm64-alo build but I want to play with the n64 NSO controller. Bloopair setup works great, I am using aroma. But the B button is mapped to jump (as is the A button). I tried editing the sm64config.txt an to include the "n64_face_buttons true" setting but after starting sm64 it deletes the entry from the txt file. Do you know how to change the controls? There is also no possibility in the R menu whileplaying.

unfortunately, i only use wii classic pro controllers via wii remote or the wii u gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...