Super Mario 64 Multiplayer Mod v1.0

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't watched the entire video, just skip to the end. That is the only part that requires watching.

Excellent mod, by the way.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wow, that's really cool. But it's unlike Nintendo to just leave a feature like that in the game.. Normally they'd try to remove it and it would pop-up somewhere glitched up. :rolleyes:
Actually, Mario Galaxy 2 also has a 2-player mod out there that takes advantage of a similar un-removed feature in the game.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
In the accompanied text file, there's some gameshark codes if you wanted to change the color of each player's overalls, now that's neat!

Playing the 1.1 version on Wii64 still spontaneously freezes, however the injected VC rom seems to work flawlessly (I wonder if this also applies to Star Road, I find it too slow on Wii64), having the players share the same health bar is such a cool idea! I thought this mod would make the game too easy, now it remains to be seen if we can use the patched rom with custom levels so that a new game based around cooperative gameplay can be designed

Reactions: Rydian

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
In the accompanied text file, there's some gameshark codes if you wanted to change the color of each player's overalls, now that's neat!

Playing the 1.1 version on Wii64 still spontaneously freezes, however the injected VC rom seems to work flawlessly (I wonder if this also applies to Star Road, I find it too slow on Wii64), having the players share the same health bar is such a cool idea! I thought this mod would make the game too easy, now it remains to be seen if we can use the patched rom with custom levels so that a new game based around cooperative gameplay can be designed
I'm sure it'll be no issue, as long as it uses the same engine.

SoupaFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*ahem* Yeah, just how exactly does somebody play online? Please walk me through this as I thought I'd done it several times after choosing different servers from the "Master's Servers List" but could never figure out how to let people know that I'm waiting for them to join my game... :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night