Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pleasure, Dave !
Thanks for this new update :)
Post automatically merged:

Try this :

1) Backup your _NDS folder + boot.nds located at the root of your SD card to your computer
2) Delete them from the SD card
3) Download TWL++ (for DSi !) again and copy the _NDS folder + boot.nds on your sd card
4) Retry

Latest StellaDS + latest TWL++ work on my side.
I just tried this and i get the same error. Stuck on 2 white screens. The version of stellads that comes with twl++ works for me but this improved one doesnt boot.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im not sure what is wrong either. I will troubleshoot a bit more on my own. I must be doing somehing wrong.... Should I replace the stellads that comes with twl++DS(i) or can i just run the new one from the root?

You can run it from anywhere. I tested the emulator on 3DS, DSi and DSLite and it works on my side.

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run it from anywhere. I tested the emulator on 3DS, DSi and DSLite and it works on my side.
Thanks for the info. I am not sure why i get 2 white screens. In the readme it says something about dldi patching. Im not sure what that is. I will research more...

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info. I am not sure why i get 2 white screens. In the readme it says something about dldi patching. Im not sure what that is. I will research more...

Twilight patches on the fly, you do not need dldi ;)

When you press ´y’ on StellaDS, you’ve got the same settings ? :

9B66A926-3434-4DC7-B5A9-BEE4D2F3F3A1.jpeg

Last edited by CrashMidnick,
Reactions: wavemotion

wavemotion

Benign Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you shouldn't need to patch at all... and you can run StellaDS from anywhere.

You can copy off the one that comes with TWL++ (Rob just pulls it from my github page) - save it in case you need to go back.. and then copy in the new one into the same place. It's squirreled away in the emulators folder somewhere...

Or wait for Rob to release the next TWL++ as he seems to pick up StellaDS changes fairly frequently :)

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight patches on the fly, you do not need dldi ;)

When you press ´y’ on StellaDS, you’ve got the same settings ? :

View attachment 332809
By defult the settings were different but after trying your settings I still stay stuck on 2 white screens. On my DSi it also doesnt show up with an icon and the name of the app on the per-game settings page is ???. Replacing the built in TWL++ stellaDS just caused the 2 white screens as well. Only the old StellaDS works for me. I am almost out of ideas and may have to go make another thread for help... DSftp and Mario64DS port both work. I recently checked my SD card with h2testw... I only have problems with this homebrew and another newer improved NesDS..

Last edited by b2p1mp,

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you shouldn't need to patch at all... and you can run StellaDS from anywhere.

You can copy off the one that comes with TWL++ (Rob just pulls it from my github page) - save it in case you need to go back.. and then copy in the new one into the same place. It's squirreled away in the emulators folder somewhere...

Or wait for Rob to release the next TWL++ as he seems to pick up StellaDS changes fairly frequently :)
Actually, Robz himself doesn't do it. It happens automatically with every release, as our 7zip's are compiled dynamically.
My point in saying this is that rest assured, your changes will always be reflected by the next release as long as your changes are in a release state (rather than just static commits or pre-releases)

wavemotion

Benign Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 5.8 is released! https://github.com/wavemotion-dave/StellaDS

V5.8 : 21-Oct-2022 by wavemotion-dave
  • Fixed colors in Medieval Mayhem (and a few other games).
  • Fixed stars to show properly in Stay Frosty and Rabbit Transit.
  • Streamlined DPC+ so Space Rocks and Stay Frosty 2 are full speed.
  • Minor cleanups and optmizations across the board.

So close! I wanted this last frame on Space Rocks so badly but just couldn't squeeze any more juice from the mighty handheld. But it's good enough... and Stay Frosty 2 is now running pretty much full speed as well - though without the Christmas jingles playing the background. The lone DPC+ holdouts are the Tournament Edition (TE) of Space Rocks which has like 100 rocks flying around - stick to the original version for now... and Scramble which is playable in the lower 50 fps area.

1666350602216.png

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So close! I wanted this last frame on Space Rocks so badly but just couldn't squeeze any more juice from the mighty handheld. But it's good enough... and Stay Frosty 2 is now running pretty much full speed as well - though without the Christmas jingles playing the background. The lone DPC+ holdouts are the Tournament Edition (TE) of Space Rocks which has like 100 rocks flying around - stick to the original version for now... and Scramble which is playable in the lower 50 fps area.

View attachment 332993
I got this one working finally. thanks to all who offered advice.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

View attachment 332993
Now it's time for A7800DS! :rofl2:

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I owned an Atari2600 as a kid and this brings back more memories than any Atari emulator I have ever used. The bottom screen showing the console with switches brings back memories I had long forgot! Thank you for the burst of nostalgia!!

If anyone was wondering how I fixed my two white screen problem, I think i was downloading the wrong StellaDS.nds from the github. Originally i grabbed the .nds on the first github project page. After 5.8 released, I grabbed it from the Releases section and it worked. The original one that didnt work was totally my fault and my lack of understanding of github...(I think).

wavemotion

Benign Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last night I decided to look into the history of StellaDS more. Obviously I knew of the involvement of Alekmaul as he was kind enough to let me continue his work... but in his readme notes (which I've left mostly in-tact at the bottom of mine) he thanks TheChuckster and while I've seen the acknowledgements, I never really knew that person or what they did.

The website for TheChuckster is long since gone to the great bit-bucket in the sky but thanks to the Wayback Machine I was able to see some of the development notes that he wrote more than 17 years ago! It was like visiting with an old relative who went through the initial pains of bringing the emulator to the DS. So cool for me.

1666529763255.png

And a few screenshots of his progress way back then...

1666529916326.jpeg

Just look at that menu system! Raw and unbridled :)

1666529959021.jpeg

Thankfully the mighty ET ran - although apparently very slowly.

I loved digging through this stuff last night!

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So last night I decided to look into the history of StellaDS more. Obviously I knew of the involvement of Alekmaul as he was kind enough to let me continue his work... but in his readme notes (which I've left mostly in-tact at the bottom of mine) he thanks TheChuckster and while I've seen the acknowledgements, I never really knew that person or what they did.

The website for TheChuckster is long since gone to the great bit-bucket in the sky but thanks to the Wayback Machine I was able to see some of the development notes that he wrote more than 17 years ago! It was like visiting with an old relative who went through the initial pains of bringing the emulator to the DS. So cool for me.

View attachment 333467

And a few screenshots of his progress way back then...

View attachment 333468
Just look at that menu system! Raw and unbridled :)

View attachment 333470
Thankfully the mighty ET ran - although apparently very slowly.

I loved digging through this stuff last night!
Holy damn, this is from 2005 or even earlier! What a time capsule :rofl2:

wavemotion

Benign Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 5.9 is released! https://github.com/wavemotion-dave/StellaDS

V5.9 : 21-Nov-2022 by wavemotion-dave
  • Minor fixes for some games to render them more accurately including the new Chaotic Grill homebrew.
  • Improved ARM Thumbulator for another frame of performance.
  • Minor cleanups and optimizations across the board.
Another frame of performance on DPC+ games using the ARM Thumbulator - 90% of those games will run full speed on the DSi with notable holdouts being Scramble (but still playable) and Space Rocks which is fine with just a hint of slowdown when there are about a billion rocks floating about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol