Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii
The first fix had enabled compression and a few audio files did cut bcuz of that, i've written a fix to this and you might have still some audio files with compression.

EDIT: never mind, I will sort it: read your tutorial, makes sense now....

Assuming you uploaded these CPK files: can you verify the MD5's I posted? Am I using the USA file on EUR???

EDIT 2: and does it even matter if you did use the USA language files on EUR copy? I dont think it would.....

Last edited by KiiWii,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp doesn't allow such kind of filesharing.

I've my personal file including eng/ger for eur.

Original 12 files from data001.cpk are compressed, stream folder + language packs uncompressed.

data001.cpk filesize: 476.121.984 bytes
md5: 7FCCDFA41D0BECB0CBE8CBCC35B63556
sha-512: C65681A16678BD522821C34635370FB4B66C0F1887861486C5C0F7101B6C896F1356C546A7A058F9800EDBC0243D8B62BC3FAED6432CDC83C66F3861F7C39E5F

Reactions: eco95

ststudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: never mind, I will sort it: read your tutorial, makes sense now....

Assuming you uploaded these CPK files: can you verify the MD5's I posted? Am I using the USA file on EUR???

EDIT 2: and does it even matter if you did use the USA language files on EUR copy? I dont think it would.....

you cannot use the usa fix (for audio and load times) on a eur console...if you are using a eur console, you need the eur version of the game, and the eur fix for loading and audio problems...

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually you should be able to as long as you paly the game in english. The sound files are exactly the same on both US and EUR version. And data001.cpk is the same on both versions.

Reactions: eco95 and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you cannot use the usa fix (for audio and load times) on a eur console...if you are using a eur console, you need the eur version of the game, and the eur fix for loading and audio problems...

This is the thing: I'm pretty sure I tried the EUr files and it black screened. I tried the differently sized USA files and it now works but its compressed.

I just need verification that I have actually done that...

I dont see why the CPK would matter per region especially when they are both in English language!?

EDIT: ninja'd by @alkar :P

ststudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup thats the conclusion I have come to.

TBh its not that great of a game, so I'm not missing much with compression... very disappointed :(

i knew when they mentioned it that it wasn't going to be good....out of all the games they could have 'redone' this is the worst imo

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i knew when they mentioned it that it wasn't going to be good....out of all the games they could have 'redone' this is the worst imo

It's just a bit limp.

The controls are ok, not great. Unnecessarily complicated and not comfortable to play.

The controls make me want the levels to be over as quickly as possible: no desire to explore.

The missions don't feel very accomplished when you've finished the super short levels.

It looks nice on the surface, not amazing.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@liomajor ,

Thank you so much for your tool and tutorial!

It works like a charm!

Is there a way to do it for "Super_Mario_3D_World" ??
There are 1859 .szs files in [ObjectData] directory. Can we pack them in 1 file ??

Thank you so much again for your great work!

Very interested in this as well. There's a few games that could benefit from this, this being a big one.

raynor_ni

Trophies
XP
Country
seems to black screen / never load when I try this.

It's delete just folders inside content/sound/stream NOT everything right?

Reactions: KiiWii

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems to black screen / never load when I try this.

It's delete just folders inside content/sound/stream NOT everything right?

Depends on how you build the cpk file, either you choose up to two languages AND
the other files inside the stream folder and delete the whole stream folder or only
the languages and keep it without language folders.

The rule is, NO duplicate files, you have to delete what you put inside the .cpk
AND remove all language folders.

I have eng, ger, all .wem files from stream folder and deleted the whole stream folder.

Attachments

• example file list - eur.txt
    182.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by liomajor,
Reactions: eco95

dernettemann1983

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
anyone know how to edit the game to play it with german subs and english audio?
rename all files from file_de.date to file_gb.dat in data003.cpk didn't help and when i only copy the english sound files the game starts with brocken german sound.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@liomajor

There's something I don't understand in the steps 8.1 and 8.2 on page 11.

You mention editing csv or something.

I skipped this step but my version still works. Can you elaborate on that 8.1 and 8.2 steps on page 11?

Thank you,

Last edited by Khar00f,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something I don't understand in the steps.

Between step 8 and 9 you mention editing csv or something.

I skipped this step but my version still works. Cab you elaborate on that 8.2 step?

Thank you,
It recompresses the assets that came from the original data001 file, which were originally compressed. Leaving them uncompressed...might break something? I doubt it but who knows

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "trick" is usable also for the wonderful 101 !

Just extract \content\data002.cpk and repack, in the same way as Star Fox Zero, with sound\stream\*.* folder (you can remove \japanese if you want but LEAVE English(US) otherwise the dialog audio will be cut). Tested with EUR version ! data002.cpk is present ONLY if you update the game so get the update from NUS, overwrite ol data and then repack :)

Loading times: 15-20 seconds ;)

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
actually you should be able to as long as you paly the game in english. The sound files are exactly the same on both US and EUR version. And data001.cpk is the same on both versions.

You can, EUR game with US compiled data001.cpk
I tried a EUR precomplied data001.cpk, but I was just getting a black screen ....so I though why not try the US precompiled version, and it worked.
There's a few cuts on the voices, but everything else seems to work fine.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just can't get the voices to work ...
if I just keep the english files without cpk edit.I got the 10min loading screen but no voices.
if I pack the stream stuff and voices in one cpk. the music in the menus is working but no voices ...
Got eur console with english language but switch to german and get german files in cpk ... still no voices ..

edit: well shortly after writing this and yesterday playing gta v in a friends house and hearing the police sounds coming from the ds4 controller. I was thinking "this is nintendo, nintendo values dumb things like a gamepad focus" so I turned up the volume of the gamepad ... in there are my voices -.- great

Last edited by gohan123,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la