'Starfield' gets story, gameplay and performance details

starfield.jpg

Microsoft and Bethesda's highly anticipated sci-fi RPG was on showcase during the Xbox Games Showcase. A gameplay trailer for the game was aired, giving us our first glimpse at how the game will play as well as an overview of the plot:

Ahead of the trailer's launch, Bethesda’s Todd Howard provided additional details about the game's performance in an interview with IGN. Below is what he had to say:

I think it'll come as no surprise, given our previous games, what we go for. Always these huge, open worlds, fully dynamic, hyper detail where anything can happen. And we do want to do that. It's 4K in the X. It's 1440 on the S. We do lock it at 30, because we want that fidelity, we want all that stuff. We don't want to sacrifice any of it.

Fortunately in this one, we've got it running great. It's often running way above that. Sometimes it's 60. But on the consoles, we do lock it because we prefer the consistency, where you're not even thinking about it.

And we don't ever want to sacrifice that experience that makes our games feel really, really special. So it feels great. We're really happy with how it feels even in the heat of battle. And we need that headroom because in our games, really anything can happen.

So, the game will be locked at 30fps on the Xbox Series X|S versions for better consistency, according to Howard. Starfield launches exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on September 6, and it will be available day one with Xbox Game Pass.

:arrow: SOURCE

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really should have gave people a choice and ,apparently, even 40fps feels better to people, so they could have at least shot for that.

That said, going against the Debbie Downers, I think it looks fine, especially while they was flying and jumping around while shooting. Maybe I missed it, but I do wonder about flying and jumping enemies. Would be bummer not to see that in the next Elder Scrolls.

While they seem to have more fantasy than first shown, I do wonder if they are going to just stick with having playable humans or eventually playable aliens with DLC or Sequels (that they most likely will have).

nightstalker27nl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bethesda being xbox is for the 10 xbox x player good news but for the better PS5 players they will atleast have spiderman and final fantasy coming to the platform. and for us Pc players i think we will need a year extra until the modding community has fixed starfield for us

SpinRash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how well this will run on the rog ally. Hopefully at least 30 fps with graphics on par or a bit less than the xbox series s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1