Hacking Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, that worked like a charm ^_^ So this is safe to install with WUP installer? No brick risk? :P

Edit: Is there a reason it says "temp" in the tmp_0005001010041100 folder?

I assume that the app was written when loadiine was used to play games. thus, it decrypts by default. installable files r encrypted or have to be in order to be installed. this goes for games as well. what seems to happen is that the ticket is stored in the slc partition while the game content is stored in the mlc partition or on a usb drive. when it's in that state, it's decrypted. however, games must be installed in order to be listed in the metadata indexer. the indexer tells the system where the games r located. without it, no game content would appear on the home menu. I believe that's the reason for installing encrypted files. as for the tmp - I'm not sure. maybe it's because the content is encrypted?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that the app was written when loadiine was used to play games. thus, it decrypts by default. installable files r encrypted or have to be in order to be installed. this goes for games as well. what seems to happen is that the ticket is stored in the slc partition while the game content is stored in the mlc partition or on a usb drive. when it's in that state, it's decrypted. however, games must be installed in order to be listed in the metadata indexer. the indexer tells the system where the games r located. without it, no game content would appear on the home menu. I believe that's the reason for installing encrypted files. as for the tmp - I'm not sure. maybe it's because the content is encrypted?

But I've downloaded games before from NUS, showing the ID without the temp in the name. This better not brick my Wii U >.> *sigh*

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know. I'd wait for someone with more knowledge to respond to that. I tested out the default option without encryption, and it brought me to a window to select decrypted content. I haven't installed this on my wii u yet, but I spoofed way back on 5.3.2. I don't recall issues doing that.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know. I'd wait for someone with more knowledge to respond to that. I tested out the default option without encryption, and it brought me to a window to select decrypted content. I haven't installed this on my wii u yet, but I spoofed way back on 5.3.2. I don't recall issues doing that.

I'll wait till more people try this, I'd rather not be out a couple hundred dollars with a bricked console.

Reactions: godreborn

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll work if done correctly, it's the same thing as the brazillian method.

And is it normal for the decrypted folder (using the above method) to have the word "temp" as in "tmp_0005001010041100"?
Used the command java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041100 to get the USA firmware for spoofing, I just want to be sure there's no bricking.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
And is it normal for the decrypted folder (using the above method) to have the word "temp" as in "tmp_0005001010041100"?
Used the command java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041100 to get the USA firmware for spoofing, I just want to be sure there's no bricking.
temporary files? should've been deleted, get rid of them.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, but I used that command though, is that not the right one to use? *Sigh* Dammit, now what? Well, what method do you use?

check this out from the nus downloader: To decrypted encrypted data, put the files into a created "tmp_TITLEID" folder. For example when you have the title id "0005000012345678" out the files in the folder "tmp_0005000012345678" and do:

I think this is normal then. it's awaiting decryption.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check this out from the nus downloader: To decrypted encrypted data, put the files into a created "tmp_TITLEID" folder. For example when you have the title id "0005000012345678" out the files in the folder "tmp_0005000012345678" and do:

I think this is normal then. it's awaiting decryption.

I don't get it. That doesn't make sense. What should I do with that folder and the files? Don't I place them on SD:/install for WUP installer? Otherwise, I won't be able to tell WUP installer to spoof the firmware if it's not in that folder.

Ugh, I'm getting a headache. I'll show a video if I have to.

The only files that JNUS downloads while encrypted go to a tmp_0005001010041100 folder. When putting those files in SD:/Install, WUP Installer fails to install them. I've tried it on both WUP Installer GX2 and WUP Installer Mod Y. Mod Y gives the error "Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed." As well as both of them giving the error that it's not proper game data or update version data.

I'm using the command java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041100 -dlEncrypted btw.

Well, this is certainly problematic. Gonna record a video showing the process.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
temporary files? should've been deleted, get rid of them.
The only files that JNUS downloads while encrypted go to a tmp_0005001010041100 folder. When putting those files in SD:/Install, WUP Installer fails to install them. I've tried it on both WUP Installer GX2 and WUP Installer Mod Y. Mod Y gives the error "Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed." As well as both of them giving the error that it's not proper game data or update version data.

I'm using the command java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010041100 -dlEncrypted btw.

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've try installing with wupinstaller y Mod 1.3 and it gives me this. I tryed both old titledownloader and jnus.
50b9e12080.png

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video proof that despite following the right commands, it always leads to a folder with the ID and "temp" in the name:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1i3usEfPbYrOVhSYk0tbjdBSnM/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, so far we have what, three or four people who use WUP installer Y mod, the Brazilian method doesn't seem to work. Looks to me that this method needs to be tested by the OP as well, so we can iron out these issues, no?

Command did have a typo (forgot the "e") but once fixed, it downloaded and then generated that folder.

Alt link to YT:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...