South Park Season 15 episode 7 thoughts?

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that that was one of the biggest episodes of South Park and possibly a clincher for the entire series. I think Matt and Trey were trying to make a statement with this episode along the lines of "This is it we're done with this show".

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What? I thought they were just mocking every weekly episode where it ends sad or something, then the next week's episode has it where as if nothing happening. I thought they were just mocking how everything is the same.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the new episode, though feel as if I was left on a BIG cliffhanger..This is going to be interesting if Cartman and Kyle are now buddy buddy.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got round to watching the episode today! Thought it was great, although I'm not overly sure it's pointing towards it being the final season but I can see how you can take it that way. Specially after Matt and Trey mentioned they were none too happy about the censorship of the episode 301 and some of the other things they said regarding it.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved it, they finally showed why Randy is such a douche.
I really liked the part where Sharon told him off.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's basically their way of saying
"We're sick of doing this shit, it's getting old. It's tiresome and monotonous, I can't pretend to enjoy this any more."

They literally are sick of it, can't remember the link but in an interview they pretty much said they're down to the wire producing each episode in a week before the premiere. They hate doing it but they're contractually obligated.
It shows too, the quality of season 15 was dreadful for the most part.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its been said in the past that Trey and Matt weren't getting on as well as they used to, their "Giant Monsters Attack Japan!" movie died because they couldn't agree with how they were doing it.

On one hand I could see season 15 being the last one (15 being a nice round number) but they still do some very good episodes and even their worst is better than some shows best. If they're not feeling it then sure should quit and go their separate way.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apparently they aren't getting sick of doing South Park, but putting on The Book of Mormon knackered them out.

jalaneme said:
south park REALLY needs to die already, the program has gone on for way too long now.

I don't know, it seemed to be running out of steam about series 4 but then got back going strong with 5. Seems to do that every 2/3 series. But TBH it's like the Simpsons, it could be dragged out as long as they want as every episode is basically the same.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
While I think they are tired of the show, I know they have like 7 more episodes left in their contract later this year. Whether they finish the show after those episodes is hard to say, but I can tell the writing isn't what it used to be. I mean for a show that mocks world happenings, they should have content forever, but I think it's just kinda out of style. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh