The next South Park game will be in 3D and may not be in collaboration with Ubisoft

South-Park-Key-Art.jpg

According to a Bloomberg report detailing South Park co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone's $900 million deal with ViacomCBS Inc., a new South Park video game is in the works. While details are scant right now, the article says that the new game will be in 3D, indicating a possible departure from the style of The Stick of Truth and The Fractured But Whole, which replicated the 2D animation of the show. Interestingly, the article also implies that Parker and Stone will be fronting the money for this project themselves, which could indicate a possible split from Ubisoft, who developed and published the previous two South Park video games. Their new deal also covers many more ventures for the duo, including six more seasons of South Park (which would bring them to thirty seasons total), a documentary series, a weed company, and fourteen made-for-streaming South Park movies.

:arrow: Source

kiaghi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer a proper sequel and improvement of The Stick of Truth... The Fractured But Whole wasn't particularly good to me, and I've just recently reinstalled and been playing TSOT again because it just feels so much better made.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So they want to burn the franchise to the ground then.

I mean people cared a whole lot more about Futurama and... Well only like the first movie is actually liked... the rest... not so much.

I mean The Beast With A Billion Backs just feels like a regular episode extended to fill a movie space. Or maybe a two part episode. Heck I think it would have work better as a two part episode instead of a movie.

14 movies? South Park been going for a long time, how the heck you fill 14 movies with material that the show has not covered before?

While I am not a huge fan of Ubisoft their two South Park games are actually good.

So yeah, this will go horrible.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Pardalis and CoolMe

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
According to a Bloomberg report detailing South Park co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone's $900 million deal with ViacomCBS Inc...Their new deal also covers many more ventures for the duo, including a weed company.
:arrow: Source

A 'Weed company' as in a company to sell Cannabis !?

Is that even legal !?

Holy Smokes (no pun intended), these lucky duudes get paid $900 mil to sell some Chronic Weed!

Last edited by HellGhast,
Reactions: Xzi

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That sounds great, hope it's something like Simpsons Hit and Run.

Reading the title though I immediately thought of stereoscopic 3D and whether the 3DS is getting a new game. :P

We almost got a hit and run south park. Studio was absorbed by Zyanga and dissolved all their projects so it never saw the light of day

Also everyone that's surprised about the 14 "movies" they will most likely be the similar hour specials that we've seen so far

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: CoolMe and Jiehfeng

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A 'Weed company' as in a company to sell Cannabis !?

Is that even legal !?

Holy Smokes (no pun intended), these lucky duudes get paid $900 mil to sell some Chronic Weed!
In like half the US it's legal, yeah, as well as Canada. All the well-known stoners have their own weed brands, like Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
In like half the US it's legal, yeah, as well as Canada. All the well-known stoners have their own weed brands, like Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson.

Noted. I'd heard in Cali it was kind of legal, but I didn't know also half the US. But how come you hear especially black dudes still being harasses by the PoPo for possession of weed? Or that stopped?

Reactions: Xzi

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ubisoft has a lot of problems, but both of their South Park games were pretty good. I'd say TSOT was the better of the two, but they didn't half-ass the writing or the gameplay mechanics on either.

I think a 3D game might work, I'm thinking a Neptunia-type game, where it gets even more meta than usual.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Noted. I'd heard in Cali it was kind of legal, but I didn't know also half the US. But how come you hear especially black dudes still being harasses by the PoPo for possession of weed? Or that stopped?
Because it's still illegal in the other half, and even among the illegal states there are some that are particularly draconian about it. For example, the Dallas police department tried to justify the murder of Botham Jean after the fact, using a couple grams of weed that they found in his apartment. Absolutely disgusting.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Because it's still illegal in the other half, and even among the illegal states there are some that are particularly draconian about it. For example, the Dallas police department tried to justify the murder of Botham Jean after the fact, using a couple grams of weed that they found in his apartment. Absolutely disgusting.

Agreed. A couple of grams is just "simple possession" a misdemeanor, but depending on who you are the PoPo/Prosecutors will try to stick you with "possession with intent" a serious crime. $ucks big time.

Reactions: Pardalis and Xzi

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably because it's the easiest and laziest way to close a case.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Probably because it's the easiest and laziest way to close a case.
The female police officer who murdered him (Amber Guyger) did end up getting convicted on a murder charge, but she was sentenced to only five years before she's eligible for parole. Your average Joe would be looking at twenty plus years.

Reactions: HellGhast

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I feel it's kind of a let-down. :(

The Ubisoft games were really great and were impersonating that South Park vibe perfectly, giving the feeling to play in the cartoon itself. The only downside was that we weren't having the official French voices in the games (especially in the first one). Now, I really wonder what will be the result of a 3D South Park game with today's standards. :unsure:

Breath of the South(park) incoming?

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ubisoft has a lot of problems, but both of their South Park games were pretty good. I'd say TSOT was the better of the two, but they didn't half-ass the writing or the gameplay mechanics on either.

I think a 3D game might work, I'm thinking a Neptunia-type game, where it gets even more meta than usual.

I'd prefer a proper sequel and improvement of The Stick of Truth... The Fractured But Whole wasn't particularly good to me, and I've just recently reinstalled and been playing TSOT again because it just feels so much better made.
Ubisoft were NOT the developers of The Stick of Truth. Ubisoft only made The Fractured But Whole & Phone Destroyer. The Stick of Truth was developed by Obsidian. Would not be surprised if the new game is developed soley by South Park Digital Studios.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's potential in the jump from 2D to 3D, but the overworld needs to be interesting filled with familiar locations & characters with fun side-quests, and not running around to generic npcs and empty/locked buildings, with today's standards of course, both in terms of graphic quality & openness.About the gameplay, a 3rd/1st person style gameplay would work fine i guess. Like others have stated this could easily go wrong, it just whoever gets to make the game should take their time & not rush things, or it'll end up being a half-baked mess..

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree! Fractured was trying for way too much for some reason. They should have tweaked combat from the first game rather than completely changing it. The rest of the game was like that, slight tweaks and improvements over the same functions of the stick of truth.

Stick of Truth is such a good game for when you've got a day or two off and want something great and quick. If it had been a mobile-only game and/or not cost $60 on release, I feel like it would have pushed expectations for a better sequel.

Also the DLC for both games is a damn joke.

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I domt see point in taking a show that was popular to start because it was cardboard animated, then updated but still 2d flat.

Why make it 3d, its not what south park is.
Maybe kinda Paper Mario-esque? Still 2D characters but big 3D areas. That might still go against the aesthetic, though one of the intros had a lot of 3D in it and it didn't look bad.

Reactions: c410bp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work