Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Zillax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I tried it on a older compiled Rei and it didn't work, updated to newest I could find from Aroth and it works fine

fengjunzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could ask the same thing, is there a reason to use anything higher? lol.
That's just how i've always done it, use the lowest common denominator so to speak. once it breaks use the newest.
Thank you Rein. But as most of the noob? Where can I download your newest file which can be copied in the sd card ?

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, not sure what's going on then.

Does your sd card contain the following files, in the following folder structure?

Code:
|── rei/
|   |── emunand/
|   |   |── emunand.bin
|   |── thread/
|       |── arm9.bin
|   |── firmware.bin
|   |── splash.bin
|── reiNand.dat

Yes. It is setup like that.

I suggest using another mSD and make a new EMUNAND then try with ReiNAND.

Newest commit compile can be found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/source-release-reinand-n3ds-cfw.394309/page-93#post-5976817

That was the version I was using....

Oh god... Just realized. I never told you guys that I was using an Old 3DS for this. Does that make any difference to this?

At the moment I don't have another SD I can try it on.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

Oh god... Just realized. I never told you guys that I was using an Old 3DS for this. Does that make any difference to this?

Makes a huge difference considering ReiNand doesn't work on old 3ds last i checked. :P

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thread title answered the question

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Firmware bins allowed to be shared here? The Guy at page 93 with the mega.nz downloads for compile Reinands already have the firmware.bin in it 0-0

*waves hand* there are no firmware.bins here

Seriously though. They aren't allowed, but maybe you shouldn't draw attention when one slips into a link because of a mistake, huh?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Aroth remove firmware.bin please

The link that was posted was one I shared without the intention of it being posted in the thread.

Besides any attempt to alter the files in the link will break the link, and it is being used elsewhere.

Last edited by Aroth,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously though. They aren't allowed, but maybe you shouldn't draw attention when one slips into a link because of a mistake, huh?
I think he was looking for major issues after @Reisyukaku mentioned major issues earlier, which so far these ain't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The link that was posted was one I shared without the intention of it being posted in the thread.

Besides any attempt to alter the files in the link will break the link, and it is being used elsewhere.

IKR. But then we have these people lurking around and nitpicking to get people banned for stupid reason. There's someone whom doesn't know how to appreciate other people help to compile thing for them.

Edit: maybe just kill the files in that link. Then reupload the file and repost on that site and give a disclaimer not to be shared elsewhere beside that side? Perhaps a password?

Last edited by tivu100,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
On the topic of firmware.bin, I'm wondering if its legal if i just CBC encrypt the firmware.bin with my own key and decrypt it during run time.. technically the random junk in the encrypted bin cant be 'copyright'

Reactions: peteruk

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made the transition from rxTools running 9.5 to Rei on 10.3 with relative ease! Thank you so much for all the hard work.

Only problem is that I do not have connectivity to the eShop (anymore?), as the two games I have legitimate digital downloads of are suddenly prompting me for updates. I presume I need to backup my emuNAND, format within System Settings, re-setup and link to NNID, then restore from the emuNAND backup?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the topic of firmware.bin, I'm wondering if its legal if i just CBC encrypt the firmware.bin with my own key and decrypt it during run time.. technically the random junk in the encrypted bin cant be 'copyright'
I think you can do something like rxTools team do for firmware.bin for 03DS (cdn_firm.pny is the name of the generator rxTools team creates). A generating batch of some sort.

But please always link the firmware.bin on the repo so people with old laptop on its last legs like me can download it instead install more software which freeze the whole things

Edit: Like the post following my post, you can just leave the MD5 sum and we will find it.

Last edited by tivu100,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44