Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why this won't work with themehax? It just boots me back to the homebrew launcher when I try to run it (I'd prefer to run it from hbl instead of using reinand.3dsx as boot.3dsx).
I'd suggest hexediting the entry point file on SD root or using a boot manager (or both) if it only works directly for you.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I figured it out, it still needs reinand.dat (same as MSET) in order to work. Heh, whoops.

Edit: I'm gonna go back to the original hold L to boot build of themehax for now, the autoboot one is way too unstable to boot Reinand consistently.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out, it still needs reinand.dat (same as MSET) in order to work. Heh, whoops.

Edit: I'm gonna go back to the original hold L to boot build of themehax for now, the autoboot one is way too unstable to boot Reinand consistently.

Yes I also got the same results with the autoboot. Currently I am using Dean's advice of using themehax autoboot with boot manager then set Reinand as default boot with 0 second delay.

The results I had were 3 things:

1. Boots normally to splash screen and press start
2. Boots to a top screen with white static. Pressing start entered reinand. I assume the splash screen just didn't load to show but start still made it work.
3. Boots to a black top screen with nothing working to load reinand

As a result I am now loading directly to the HB menu and loading reinand that way instead now. I would of used the L button original one but don't want to wear out the trigger for that testing stuff.

On this note though does anyone think the splash screen of pressing start has something to do with the less than 100% boot rate? I also tested the latest rxtools nightly on a N3DS and it loads everytime. Maybe someone can remove the press start and see if it does load up at a higher rate.

Last edited by Cavioe,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I also got the same results with the autoboot. Currently I am using Dean's advice of using themehax autoboot with boot manager then set Reinand as default boot with 0 second delay.

The results I had were 3 things:

1. Boots normally to splash screen and press start
2. Boots to a top screen with white static. Pressing start entered reinand. I assume the splash screen just didn't load to show but start still made it work.
3. Boots to a black top screen with nothing working to load reinand

As a result I am now loading directly to the HB menu and loading reinand that way instead now. I would of used the L button original one but don't want to wear out the trigger for that testing stuff.

On this note though does anyone think the splash screen of pressing start has something to do with the less than 100% boot rate? I also tested the latest rxtools nightly on a N3DS and it loads everytime. Maybe someone can remove the press start and see if it does load up at a higher rate.

Just thought i'd chime in.
I'm fairly confident booting into cfw by holding [L] won't wear out your trigger. A B X Y & maybe Home i'd say are far more likely to wear out from wear and tear before your trigger. :)

Reactions: Zidapi

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone got Coldboot working? Using ReiNand 2.1 for N3DS

If I copy the ReiNand.3dsx and rename it to boot.3dsx it just say. "Cannot access Data on SD Card" booting to System Nand.

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone got Coldboot working? Using ReiNand 2.1 for N3DS

If I copy the ReiNand.3dsx and rename it to boot.3dsx it just say. "Cannot access Data on SD Card" booting to System Nand.

See our conversation.

Also is there a ReiNAND Version that doesn't require Start to be pushed when booting?

Last edited by X_Frost,

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See our conversation.

Also is there a ReiNAND Version that doesn't require Start to be pushed when booting?

Not at this time there is not a pre-compiled build. I asked that question earlier and I forgot about the sysnand boot mode which is done at that screen. Unlike rxtools where you can configure it in the menu. But for myself I only stay in emunand so would like a autoload. But I am not gifted enough to compile the source as I never got it to work
You can also edit a line or 2 in the source and it will only show the splash image for a second and continue booting. :)

I would but had a terrible time trying to get all the things installed to compile. Gave up after 2 weeks of trying solutions offered on the forums. Anyway you could compile one?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See our conversation.

Not anymore I'm afraid, @Reisyukaku removed autoboot some time back.

Not sure why or when, but it's out there if you can find it.

I believe I still have the initial release for Reinand - N3DS. Which doesn't have the splash screen, but also doesn't have the ability to boot into Rei-Sys & may be more buggy (Never experienced any bugs myself)

Iirc splash screen was implemented with the ability to boot to Sysnand with sigs patched. Could be wrong though.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iirc splash screen was implemented with the ability to boot to Sysnand with sigs patched. Could be wrong though.
The splash screen/"press start to continue" was implemented a few versions before the "boot to sysNAND" option.

Edit: The option to boot to sysNAND with a button press was added on the 22nd of August.

Edit 2: The August 9th release had the "push start to continue" splash. Releases prior to that did not, I believe.

Last edited by Zidapi,

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people care so much about the splash screen? lol
just edit main.c if you dont want the conditional for press start. I personally find it nice.

Don't get me wrong it is nice. But I found that for autoboot with themehax the splash screen might be causing a lower boot rate. And what I found after some testing yesterday was the splash indeed causing some to think it is not autobooting correctly.

For example, when using themehax with boot manager, the first intial launch will show the splash screen. However, on other attempts after the splash screen is not shown where it is either all black or partially black. But when pressing start it would launch to reinand. Other times it will not recognize the start and just hang. But when using the Dean's boot.3dsx for NH2 it always shows the splash screen when put on root.

But using boot manager is ideal as you can choose to load the HB menu and use retroarch cores and other homebrew. So its not laziness or impatience like someone mentioned above.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong it is nice. But I found that for autoboot with themehax the splash screen might be causing a lower boot rate. And what I found after some testing yesterday was the splash indeed causing some to think it is not autobooting correctly.

For example, when using themehax with boot manager, the first intial launch will show the splash screen. However, on other attempts after the splash screen is not shown where it is either all black or partially black. But when pressing start it would launch to reinand. Other times it will not recognize the start and just hang. But when using the Dean's boot.3dsx for NH2 it always shows the splash screen when put on root.

But using boot manager is ideal as you can choose to load the HB menu and use retroarch cores and other homebrew. So its not laziness or impatience like someone mentioned above.

Someone :rolleyes: lol
Edit: Laziness!!! :P

Last edited by usernametaken,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I built a crude libkhax variant of Reinand's launcher (I basically took the latest commit of CakeBrah as of this post and modified it ever so slightly to load ReiNand.dat/ReiNand-sysnand.dat), and also rebuilt the dat file so it auto boots to emuNAND or sysNAND (use the appropriate zip). The emunand one will look for reinand.dat, and the sysnand one will look for reinand-sysnand.dat. The only difference is that sysNAND will..well, boot into sysNAND (if you're using an autoboot for themehax, make sure to hold a button after launching it so it doesn't get in a 'reboot loop' of sorts). Use these with either the homebrew launcher, or that new ctrbootmanager (I didn't have any luck at all with b5, but b2 seems to boot 100% for me on N3DS; your results may vary though). I also included all of the source code.

I probably could've checked for B being held to boot sysNAND without the splash screen/start, but meh, I got lazy and just decided to make two separate builds.

Usual disclaimer applies: I'm not responsible if you brick your sysnand or emunand doing silly things, and if you want to compile either build, you have to supply your own firmware.bin.

Edit 2: Put it back up, user error on my end, wasn't a bug.

Attachments

• ReiNand-Autoboot-pack.zip
    726.1 KB · Views: 1,669
Last edited by daxtsu,

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built a crude libkhax variant of Reinand's launcher (I basically took the latest commit of CakeBrah as of this post and modified it ever so slightly to load ReiNand.dat/ReiNand-sysnand.dat), and also rebuilt the dat file so it auto boots to emuNAND or sysNAND (use the appropriate zip). The emunand one will look for reinand.dat, and the sysnand one will look for reinand-sysnand.dat. The only difference is that sysNAND will..well, boot into sysNAND (if you're using an autoboot for themehax, make sure to hold a button after launching it so it doesn't get in a 'reboot loop' of sorts). Use these with either the homebrew launcher, or that new ctrbootmanager (I didn't have any luck at all with b5, but b2 seems to boot 100% for me on N3DS; your results may vary though). I also included all of the source code.

I probably could've checked for B being held to boot sysNAND without the splash screen/start, but meh, I got lazy and just decided to make two separate builds.

Usual disclaimer applies: I'm not responsible if you brick your sysnand or emunand doing silly things, and if you want to compile either build, you have to supply your own firmware.bin.

Edit 2: Put it back up, user error on my end, wasn't a bug.

Thank you. In that boot manager thread I wrote about the lower boot rate on old 3ds. But b05 does work with reinand with deans 3dsx. The only thing I recognized with b05 is that the splash screen may not load fully but pressing start does work sometimes.

edit: After testing it out with boot manager b05, I had to change the config to point to the renamed rei.3dsx file. When pointed to the dat file it would just hang when trying to boot to emunand in my 5 attempts. But pointing to the 3dsx file it boots consistently now.

Last edited by Cavioe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the... +1