Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well then how do I do that?
Setup ReiNAND, then rename the "arm9loaderhax.bin" to literally anything, let's go with "ReiNAND.bin."
From there you can either launch it as Luma3DS payload or as a payload from whatever bootloader you are using.
Oooooookay. This will be hard for me since I got my 3DS recently (second-hand from a friend) and I still don't know how to navigate around it.
Do I connect the 3DS to the computer or just connect the SD Card to the computer? (I am assuming that I can pull out a certain SD Card from my 3DS if I opened it because when I play Fire Emblem Fates, it says saving on SD Card).
I'm so sorry for being such a hard one to teach.
You would place the SD card into the computer. From there download the latest ReiNAND from the repo and the latest firmware.bin from the repo as well (under the "data" link.) With all of that, copy the firmware.bin into "rei" folder, replacing the one already in there. Then copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and "rei" folder onto the SD card, replacing the ones already on there.

Beyns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, what? You can run as many CFWs as you want. I am running 5 different CFWs right now on the same sysNAND.
CFWs on the 3DS does two things, applies patches to the OFW and reads information from the NAND. So you can run Luma3DS with reiNAND without a problem.
I actually noticed that when starting the 3DS, there are choices aside from ReiNAND, it means that I can put Luma 3DS too? If yes, where can I download it?

Setup ReiNAND, then rename the "arm9loaderhax.bin" to literally anything, let's go with "ReiNAND.bin."
From there you can either launch it as Luma3DS payload or as a payload from whatever bootloader you are using.

You would place the SD card into the computer. From there download the latest ReiNAND from the repo and the latest firmware.bin from the repo as well (under the "data" link.) With all of that, copy the firmware.bin into "rei" folder, replacing the one already in there. Then copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and "rei" folder onto the SD card, replacing the ones already on there.
Sooooo, the latest ReiNAND is under the folder patches from data folder?
After I put the SD CArd back, is it guaranteed to work again?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I actually noticed that when starting the 3DS, there are choices aside from ReiNAND, it means that I can put Luma 3DS too? If yes, where can I download it?

Sooooo, the latest ReiNAND is under the folder patches from data folder?
After I put the SD CArd back, is it guaranteed to work again?
Sorry wasn't very clear, this is the latest ReiNAND, the firmware.bin is under the "firmware.bin" is under the "data" folder on the repo.
Although, you could also use Luma3DS. If you are new to the CFW scene, then it's highly suggested to use Luma3DS instead.

Beyns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry wasn't very clear, this is the latest ReiNAND, the firmware.bin is under the "firmware.bin" is under the "data" folder on the repo.
Although, you could also use Luma3DS. If you are new to the CFW scene, then it's highly suggested to use Luma3DS instead.
As you may notice, I am very new. (What is CFW? :3)
Is it expected to work the same with ReiNAND?

Beyns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The
The whole folder with all of those files is what I need to download, right?

Right, so to answer this question, I am going to bring it over to my thread.
What thread? Sorry for asking a lot hahahaha.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
What Luma3DS features aren't on ReiNAND?
Lots. Luma is bloated with features. RN doesn't have layeredFS, doesn't have ctrnand booting, svcbackdoor (currently working on that one ^^), and the reboot patch was just broken, so no agb, twl or high memory games on o3ds right now. I'm working on ctrnand, reboot, and svcbackdoor for the next update.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lots. Luma is bloated with features. RN doesn't have layeredFS, doesn't have ctrnand booting, svcbackdoor (currently working on that one ^^), and the reboot patch was just broken, so no agb, twl or high memory games on o3ds right now. I'm working on ctrnand, reboot, and svcbackdoor for the next update.
Ctrnand support? I through you said it will not be implemented...
However if you implement ctrnand support I'll definetly switch to ReiNand on the ctrnand ^^

Reactions: CatmanFan

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
@CrimsonMaple Is game patching possible at the latest?
Yes, but not the way Luma does it. Luma has layeredFS built in now. Just use onionFS through NTR for now!

Ctrnand support? I through you said it will not be implemented...
However if you implement ctrnand support I'll definetly switch to ReiNand on the ctrnand ^^
Its getting to be a pain in the ass to deal with updating firmware.bin and telling people who aren't so technologically advanced to use the firmware bin on github and update to 5.1. So I'm just gonna kill the middle man. ^^.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
hi
i have te last reinand (n3ds) and when i open boot ntr o ntr cfw dont work. always crash and restart the console
any help?
thanks
NTR doesn't work on ReiNand since I haven't finished the svcbackdoor code. So no k11 access. I am currently working on a solution. Its on the way.

Reactions: sirfrancis17

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hi
i have te last reinand (n3ds) and when i open boot ntr o ntr cfw dont work. always crash and restart the console
any help?
thanks
There was an update to BootNTR, I still need to test if it works on ReiNAND.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
@CrimsonMaple Is game patching possible at the latest?

For game patching you want to use NTR CFW and OnionFS as @Reisyukaku stated before.

Yes, but not the way Luma does it. Luma has layeredFS built in now. Just use onionFS through NTR for now!

Its getting to be a pain in the ass to deal with updating firmware.bin and telling people who aren't so technologically advanced to use the firmware bin on github and update to 5.1. So I'm just gonna kill the middle man. ^^.
Well it really depends what you mean by game patching.. romfs patching, i use layeredfs or just mod update CIAs. Patching code works with the patching system thats been there forever.

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry to jump in here. I've been on 11.4 and beleive I updated reinand when it got fixed for 11.4 and it's been working. Today I randomly tried to play Manish Cap and it black screened and I had to reset. Tried the other gba games I have and Four Swords, same thing. These were just my origonal ambassador gba games but Four Swords is just that dsi mini game I've always had on here. Does this happen to be a known thing or is maybe something corrupted. I deleted all the ambassador gba games and re-download ed and still crash...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, sorry to jump in here. I've been on 11.4 and beleive I updated reinand when it got fixed for 11.4 and it's been working. Today I randomly tried to play Manish Cap and it black screened and I had to reset. Tried the other gba games I have and Four Swords, same thing. These were just my origonal ambassador gba games but Four Swords is just that dsi mini game I've always had on here. Does this happen to be a known thing or is maybe something corrupted. I deleted all the ambassador gba games and re-download ed and still crash...
ReiNAND doesn't actually had reboot patches nor the GBA/DS(i) patches at the moment. They are aware of this and currently working it.

Reactions: soetem

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so to clarify that theres nothing wrong with my 3ds, even the ambassador legit games that have always been on my system are expected not to work because I am using Reinand at the moment?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.