Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally got around to eliminating that emuNAND on my N3DS. LumaCFW still seems to be working (at least with A9LH.) I went ahead and switched over to ReiNand for now. Firstly, the icons are no longer disappearing, so it's confirmed that the issue was something involved in it booting an older emuNAND. Anyway, I grabbed the new firmware.bin to be sure and put it in that folder. I'm not sure what i'm looking for really, but I can say it definitely boots fine. I don't know exactly what to look for on the reboot patches, but I remembered Monster Hunter 4u was known to be one of those games that had issues on the O3DS at least because of how it handled "rebooting" when exiting. Anyway, I ran it and exited and it didn't reboot or anything at least on my N3DS. But I guess the reboot patches are for the O3DS? Still reboots when exiting settings, but I assume this is as intended and on A9LH running sysNAND this is so quick I honestly don't care. :-p I also ran the newest game I have (Dragon Quest VIII) and everything seemed to be fine. So I guess 5.1 with the latest firmware.bin is working just fine with sysNAND 11.4 for me.

I should dig out my emergency backup 2DS and update it and everything already.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally got around to eliminating that emuNAND on my N3DS. LumaCFW still seems to be working (at least with A9LH.) I went ahead and switched over to ReiNand for now. Firstly, the icons are no longer disappearing, so it's confirmed that the issue was something involved in it booting an older emuNAND. Anyway, I grabbed the new firmware.bin to be sure and put it in that folder. I'm not sure what i'm looking for really, but I can say it definitely boots fine. I don't know exactly what to look for on the reboot patches, but I remembered Monster Hunter 4u was known to be one of those games that had issues on the O3DS at least because of how it handled "rebooting" when exiting. Anyway, I ran it and exited and it didn't reboot or anything at least on my N3DS. But I guess the reboot patches are for the O3DS? Still reboots when exiting settings, but I assume this is as intended and on A9LH running sysNAND this is so quick I honestly don't care. :-p I also ran the newest game I have (Dragon Quest VIII) and everything seemed to be fine. So I guess 5.1 with the latest firmware.bin is working just fine with sysNAND 11.4 for me.

I should dig out my emergency backup 2DS and update it and everything already.
Haven't updated reboot patches in a while. I have to get to it.

sirfrancis17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
i have n3ds
I put Reinand 5.1 to sd and update firmare emunand
The n3ds load reinand but when touch anything (settings, games, camera, progams,) the console is freezing
any help?

Fabian Hager

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys !

I got the exact same problem like sirfrancis17. Did not touch my n3ds for I guess a year.

Had emunand with reinand on 11.0.0-33E. Did system update through settings. Then Reinand didn start anymore.
Updated 5.1. New Reinand Symbol (which i really like) appeared and my normal menu too.
If i touch a game / settings anything it will freeze. Guess i fucked up..

Reactions: sirfrancis17

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
:unsure:Isn't the firmware.bin copyrighted material?
We encrypted it to avoid copyright strikes.
Hey guys !

I got the exact same problem like sirfrancis17. Did not touch my n3ds for I guess a year.

Had emunand with reinand on 11.0.0-33E. Did system update through settings. Then Reinand didn start anymore.
Updated 5.1. New Reinand Symbol (which i really like) appeared and my normal menu too.
If i touch a game / settings anything it will freeze. Guess i fucked up..
Switch to RN 5.0, update then return to 5.1. The nFirm was updated that's what's messing you up. You could also grab the firmware.bin from ReiNand 5.0 and replace it in /rei to use 5.1

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
It's still copyrighted material. Only advantage it has is that if Nintendo were to search for binary data through GitHub, they most definitely wouldn't find your firmware.
True that. But hey, I can remove the need for it. If that becomes necessary.

Reactions: Peter_JKC

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
True that. But hey, I can remove the need for it. If that becomes necessary.
I highly doubt that will be necessary. There's lots of software with hardcoded keys/copyrighted material on GitHub and Nintendo hasn't even attempted to DMCA it (iirc even I do).
Hell, not even the GBATemp staff seems to care about it, so you should be fine.

Last edited by Wolfvak,
Reactions: CrimsonMaple

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I highly doubt that will be necessary. There's lots of software with hardcoded keys/copyrighted material on GitHub and Nintendo hasn't even attempted to DMCA it.
Hell, not even the GBATemp staff seems to care about it, so you should be fine.

I'd like to name a few examples but never mind!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to name a few examples but never mind!
Freeshop takedown.
The only argument Nintendo could stand on was the fact "Freeshop" used the official Nintendo 3DS bootlogo... but Freeshop's source never contained it; rather, it's makerom which actually has the logos and puts the selected one in the ncch/cia

Nintendo should even have known this, since "ctr_makerom32" was invented by Nintendo and the open source homebrew "makerom" is intended to be compatible with Nintendo's!!

Yet for some reasons they didn't report the makerom repo, nor any other homebrew using the Nintendo 3DS logo.
Seems like the reasons they hate Freeshop aren't due to the logo, amirite?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?