Sony patches DNS Bypass, Sony demands Youtube/Twitter to give

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shitt...im still getting a ps3
actually the first thing im going to do is jailbreak it...
go to block buster...rent like 20 games
rip them on a 1 TB 2.5" sata hdd for ps3

and fuck online play...PSN is on that bullshit
Xbox LIVE has too many babies
Wii is just...we will give them over to the catholic church for prayer
cause thats how gay it is

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
shinkukage09 said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
bigpaws said:
Hey we can boycott sony products and all watch the vid now
then all of gbatemp would be against them and we could get attacked an win
also, we could all sue for privacy breaking and then sony will be no more
That's not really that many people (in the long run).
Also, this is mostly a Nintendo forum, I doubt most members would be up for this.
That's exacly the point. You guys really think everyone is raging about this? Only people who modded their consoles (even then, not all of them, the same can be said for people with originals, only part of them are pissed).

I think people with PS3 now are very happy to see PSN without hackers, so I doubt they care about Geohotz vs Sony.

Actually you're wrong. Very wrong. This isn't just about hacking and pirating. It's about Sony invading MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY people's privacy.
Yeah... people have to take care now, Sony can just send their thugs to break/take away their PS3's now.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: @Jaylen
You know that you can't play online anymore with CFW, right?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
bigpaws said:
Hey we can boycott sony products and all watch the vid now
then all of gbatemp would be against them and we could get attacked an win
also, we could all sue for privacy breaking and then sony will be no more
That's not really that many people (in the long run).
Also, this is mostly a Nintendo forum, I doubt most members would be up for this.
That's exacly the point. You guys really think everyone is raging about this? Only people who modded their consoles (even then, not all of them, the same can be said for people with originals, only part of them are pissed).

I think people with PS3 now are very happy to see PSN without hackers, so I doubt they care about Geohotz vs Sony.

Try again. This has to do with Sony trying to get everybody who watched that video and commented on it, their personal info.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony has a long track record of screwing consumers over. in fact, they must have the worst PR of any company I've ever seen. that company deserves to go bankrupt along with microsoft and walmart all devoted followers of fascism.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, that's very childish and will result on nothing, even if they had their infos, they couldn't do nothing against them, because modifying your own console isn't prohibited at all.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maedhros

yeah i know...but seriously online play is overrated anyway
if that is the only cost of piracy...i will pay it in full
PC gaming would be where its at anyway...but jesus
they are having the same anal issue

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
godreborn said:
sony has a long track record of screwing consumers over. in fact, they must have the worst PR of any company I've ever seen. that company deserves to go bankrupt along with microsoft and walmart all devoted followers of fascism.

Sure, lets get rid of Nintendo too for basically inventing shovelware. Also, don't forget about development studios. They should go bankrupt too for making us pay for games.

Oh yeah, can't forget the bakers who made that loaf of bread you bought because it will go moldy in a while.

I should probably mention that mother nature should go bankrupt too for making me need air.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway, If what I read is right, they only want to know the people who hosted or distribuited the said video:

QUOTE said:
Promptly determine the identities of third parties hosting and distributing the circumvention devices so that SCEA can serve them with DMCA “take down” notices and, if necessary, seek appropriate relief from this Court.

That's on the pdf on wired.com

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched every single jailbreaking video. I'll be waiting in my front lawn with a shot gun for sony to come and get me. If it's goin' down, it's goin' down southern style!*pumps shot gun*

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no I'm talking about sony, a Japanese company, thinking they're above the American government; microsoft buying all the competition so they charge significantly more than something is worth; and walmart having been caught doing such things as putting their employees on welfare by cycling schedules and being caught polluting rivers and ponds with waste products 'cause they don't want to spend the money for people to haul it away for them.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
You seriously don't understand a thing do you? This has nothing to do with piracy and crap, it's what they're trying to do, get everybody's personal information and stop ALL hacking/homebrew on their console.
You just contradicted yourself right there... the 'piracy and crap' is a direct result because of the hacking/homebrew... Also it was proven earlier by another member that the only homebrew out really are just backup loaders and emulators for pirated games and some crappy pong, tetris rip offs, essentially. So don't try and pull a "oh us homebrewers are being held down by Sony." No, you're being held down by yourselves for proving them right and not creating anything much besides backup loaders.

Also you don't seem to know much if you think what Sony is doing trying to get information is 'illegal'.
rofl.gif
huh.gif
Your arguments are fun to read, at least you don't go mentioning hitler all the time.
biggrin.gif

sputnix said:
If this actually happens sony and youtube will go bankrupt plain and simple
No they won't, both Sony and Google have plenty of money.

QUOTE(Jaylen @ Feb 9 2011, 03:20 PM)
piracy is an accessible means to have what we want, at a nominal risk if even any at all.
look at music...mp3 piracy is non-stop...but are recording artists still richer than you?

im sure they are...so if a multi-billion dollar corporation complains over lost dollars when the people who buy thier product often buy it at a deficit anyway

they can fuck themsleves
like really hard...especially sony, their replicate phallus should be spiked and metallic
That is quite possibly, the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum, and yes, I'm including Bladexdsl and his hitler comparisons. So you believe artists and game developers aren't entitled to be paid for their work? Wow talk about being entitled...

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll repeat: where they say that they are looking for everyone who watched the videos? It's not is on the document:

QUOTE said:
Promptly determine the identities of third parties hosting and distributing the circumvention devices so that SCEA can serve them with DMCA “take down” notices and, if necessary, seek appropriate relief from this Court.

@antwill

I sugest you to ignore the comments who are too stupid like these, they're not even worth of an answer.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maedhros said:
I'll repeat: where they say that they are looking for everyone who watched the videos? It's not is on the document:

QUOTE said:
Yeah we know, that was just the media overreacting, to make everyone all annoyed as they know the people wouldn't read it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is like the second or third time there has been a misunderstanding, all because people refuse to read the actual documents and instead listen to sites that dont know what they talking about

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
this is like the second or third time there has been a misunderstanding, all because people refuse to read the actual documents and instead listen to site who doesnt know what their talking about
Can you blame them? Half these people just want an excuse to rage at Sony...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
now this is too much... maybe a hacker needs to do something big to their console and post it so tht sony completly shut up now
this has annoyed me to quite an extent cuz now nothing seems logical or as ron said "Unethical, Idiotic, Desperate and just plain FACIST"... cant a case be made upon them
anyone got a brother or father at nintendo or microsoft?

about the ip addresses wanted by sony... its written on portal by a reliable writter and thus he(or she( maybe in the future) said " This raises privacy concerns and many people seem outraged at Sony's actions." why talk about privacy if its legal?

PS - i feel some ppl are trying to look smart here... give your opinion and counter others with logical arguments and not by just bashing on them with sarcastic words

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I say everyone should boycott Sony and stop buying their products and see how they like it when they take a big fat loss because they wanted to be morons and take away previously promised functionality from their products.

I'm glad I never purchased a PSP or PS3 and with Sony's action I likely never will along with never buying another Sony branded product again.

I'll say it again, BOYCOTT SONY!

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
So yeah, Sony cares what we think. Just like every other company cares, that's why they have customer service to try and keep the customer happy. And if you think otherwise, you're a bigger idiot than Sony is.

Sony clearly doesn't care what the people who wouldn't be paying them anyway think. If you're going to use your PS3 as a homebrew machine or pirate games on it, then you're not using it in a way that makes them any more money past the initial console purchase, which has been shown to either been at a loss for them, or they make a small profit on. They want you buying games and movies for the console.

If you're not doing that, then they don't care what you think of them. They aren't advertising to you. The only money they are going to spend in relation to you is keeping you away from the paying customers that you might corrupt with your knowledge of how to play games for free on the console, or how to spend time on the console that they don't have control over. PS3 does everything, as long as Sony is getting their cut. If you aren't making them money, or don't have the potential to get them money, then you aren't on their radar, and they don't consider you their customer.

The only guarantee you have from them is the warranty that comes with the product, and that's about it. Besides that, your opinion is worth whatever you're willing to pay them.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The OP could edit the bullshit out of the text huh (I'm meaning the part who says people who watched will/can get sued, that's bullshit)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!