Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Alot of reading n its later here so in simple form?
You cant add a file to the ps without first using there manager, which needs to connect to
the internet?
So if I wanted to tranfer a songfrom my pc/laptop to a ps I need internet? Is that what ur telling me.
That's what it looks like, yes.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of reading n its later here so in simple form?
You cant add a file to the ps without first using there manager, which needs to connect to
the internet?
So if I wanted to tranfer a songfrom my pc/laptop to a ps I need internet? Is that what ur telling me.
That's what it looks like, yes.
That's actually incorrect, see Wololo's followup post
it is possible to copy Movies and Music without being connected to the internet, through the dedicated “Music” and “Movie” sections of the vita

Edit: Also, wtf, why are people defending Sony when they're forcing this internet DRM onto us?

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont worry, X360 is too. That fun "Kinect" thing? yeah it knows you like KFC. It watches you eat that Double Down. Wait till you get the new Need For Speed and see that the billboards start advertising KFC to you.

And Sony has been doing this since the "eye toy" came out for the PS2.

Reactions: 3 people

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont worry, X360 is too. That fun "Kinect" thing? yeah it knows you like KFC. It watches you eat that Double Down. Wait till you get the new Need For Speed and see that the billboards start advertising KFC to you.

And Sony has been doing this since the "eye toy" came out for the PS2.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, I had to do that.

But seriously, paranoia is taking us over.

I honestly don't think they're spying on us, but it's bullshit that you need internet to transfer certain files from your PC to your PSVITA, neither of which REQUIRE internet at all to use.

Bullshit.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
LoL, That KFC line is so creative, +10 points to you sir. But yeah, I have been paranod about Kinect and anything with cameras, I used to face it t the wall when I wasn't using it. Did you know when you have consoles plugged in they can turn your tv on and off when they get turned on or off. My Ps3 and Xbox 360 operate eachother, if ones on and I turn the other on the other one turns off.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...No.

Just no.

That.
Has.
Never.
Happened
To.
Me.

Or any of my friends who own a PS3 and XBOX360. You must have something mixed up with your cables. Also, they have never turned off my/friends TV, so you've probably got some issues there too...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean there HAVE been cases of people using laptop webcams to spy on other people remotely. Its not completely unheard of. But one strip of electrical tape, and just watching to see if the green light (on indicator for the webcam on a macbook).

D

Deleted-236924

I mean there HAVE been cases of people using laptop webcams to spy on other people remotely. Its not completely unheard of. But one strip of electrical tape, and just watching to see if the green light (on indicator for the webcam on a macbook).
See if the green light what?

sero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rydian: I really doubt if you don't have internet especially due to economic issues that you wont be buying a Vita. As for those with shitty internet, they have $250+ of spending cash but wont upgrade to a decent internet? I never thought it was that hard or ballbusting to get a good provider around here.
Can't believe I registered just to hop in the middle of a fight :\

I spent most of my teenage years in a semi-remote part of the state I live in. It is semi-remote in that it is within 15 minutes drive to the nearest "city" which happens to have quite affordable broadband. Because the actual place I lived was in an area that had very few people per acre (lots of land in Kentucky), it was not affordable for broadband to be delivered there.

There was the possibility of dial-up, although the fastest connection available was 19,200kbps--and the average ping to any server in the US I have tried was over 1000.

But as you said, there are other options, right? The next reasonable option is satellite internet.

So let's look at satellite. Cost: $299 for Wild Blue, or $299.98 with Hughesnet. Monthly fee? $79.99 for 1.5mbps with Wild Blue, or $79.99 for 2mbps with Hughesnet. This is of course capped at a few hundred megabytes per day (or a monthly cap with Wild Blue), and if you surpass that cap you're knocked down to dial-up speeds until the next rotation.

But what about 3G? With a top-of-the-line Sprint phone, you can manage to get a single bar in one corner of the home. Not exactly Mi-fi material. They happen to pay for AT&T which works well where my mom works, and gets signal everywhere but their home (sprint gets almost no signal anywhere in the town). So using 3G is out as well.

Now a PS Vita is a few hundred bucks, give or take. It's a one time thing and while I don't live on that mountain anymore, my sister and stepdad do. Both are avid gamers, and both would consider a next-gen mobile gaming device. Unfortunately they are out-of-luck because of the DRM restrictions on this thing. They are in no way poor (they live in a nice two story home and a few acres, good income, and so on). But because they happen to live in a nice rural area, they suffer.

I bought my sister and stepdad a couple of AceKards for Christmas this year. Until Sony comes up with a way to figure out how to punish only those who break the rules, they won't be buying the Vita.

And before you call me a fanboy of any genre, the following is my gaming repertoire:

ME: 3ds, PSP, Wii, 360, PS3, PS2, iPhone, Android tablet, Windows PC.
My wife: Super Nintendo, Sega, NES, DS Lite, iPhone (the old game systems being hers as a kid)

We have quite a few games for each system and simply play whatever entertains us. And while I have no problem buying a Vita if it happens to offer something I like, I may be the only one in my family getting any use out of it.

Reactions: 5 people

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry. I lost my train of thought. Make sure it isnt on because then your webcam is in use. And unwarranted use of your webcam is not good lol

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, what about the patch for the vita file manager thing? [forgot the name, whatever]

It "hacks/fixes" the program so you can transfer your pics, music, videos, wallpapers and whatever without internet. That is a GOOD thing.

-content not REALLY related to the original topic-

I want the Vita for sure, and while I have internet, - 3G, btw - but it's been working worse than dial up connection. I even bought a ps3, but I NEVER planned to play anything online... Because I mostly wanted single-player games.

I feel the same is going to happen on vita, because I'm used to not having good internet in forever. I'll just get it, wait for some exploit, and play till my fingers drop.
Oh, wait, Original games? Yeah, I'm certainly considering that.
- My ps3 is hacked, but if one of the future games I want is in no way possible to hack, I'll start playing original games.
- 3DS has no hack/flashcard yet, but there isn't a game that I'd just buy the original stuff out yet. Well, there IS, but it isn't compatible thanks to region lock. Thank you, CRAPCOM...

But anyway, don't think that there won't be people buying a Vita because they have crappy internet... Sony usually gets some awesome single player games on their consoles/handhelds, while Nintendo is known for their multiplayer games - so it should actually be "I can't belive someone without internet will but a 3DS". Wait, did I mention I HAVE a 3DS?

So, since the file manager has been hacked and this thread is turning into a "people without internet won't buy a psvita" thread, and there's no need for paranoia anymore, I just belive it should be closed for its lack of purpose.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So, since the file manager has been hacked
The majority of people on the planet don't know about that. The fact that Sony's trying to push this is still important.
Hmm, you're right, the handheld is new anyway, and that fix is even newer. Let me redo my statement.

This topic should be closed/locked AND stickied. There isn' any sticky in this section... Or there could be some topic with a summary of news about the system. There isn't one yet...

I think I'll do one, just because I have nothing better to do.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always have that fear of playing my vita while on the toilet, you know, the rear camera facing your P#@!! and the front one facing you. imagine a hacker, hacking you and posting your vita shots on the net.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i always have that fear of playing my vita while on the toilet, you know, the rear camera facing your P#@!! and the front one facing you. imagine a hacker, hacking you and posting your vita shots on the net.
Hacking the Vita to make pictures and send them --> Unsigned code! --> I am relatively happy and all of a sudden I don't mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up