Newly CFW on PS Vita 1000 will not connect to computer or PSN. Help!!!

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello community! While I am not new to modding a PS Vita, I decided I'd get a new Vita on eBay and I modded it yesterday with this CFW and this tutorial:

A terrific video and a simple way to get things up and running fast.

When I got the Vita, it was newly formatted (and in complete perfect condition - the arctic white PS Vita 1000, looks and acts brand new). I set up a PSN account on it and so forth. When I went to mod it, I decided to restore the system via reboot by holding PS, Power & Right Trigger. Ok, fine, all set.

I before I modded it, I watched that video like 4 times, becoming very familiar with the video and the high points, so that I didn't get the heebie jeebies when following along while actually modding the Vita. Everything went smoothly, all boxes check that should be, and all settings and downloads were complete.

HERE'S MY PROBLEM, AND IT'S A BIG ONE.

Once I finished, I tried to get into PSN, but it won't let me. I tried the account I had put on it as stated above, nothing.

I tried creating a new account (with a new email address), NOTHING.

I tried logging in to PSN on the computer, and the account mentioned above works fine on my PC, but doesn't on the Vita. Personally, I don't give a hoot about PSN, but the problem is...

I CANNOT CONNECT THE PS VITA TO MY COMPUTER.

Not by USB, not by Wi-Fi. It always gives me the error that I cannort "connect" to PC or PSN (in each case). QCMA doesn't do anything for me either, unless I'm doing something wrong. And when I try to connect, I can hear the connection on my computer (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit) go on, then immediately off.

So, I have no way to use the content manager, which leaves me in a very nasty state.

Finally, I CAN use the browser, oddy enough, and I can download, extract and install games from PKGj and Vita DB Downloader, but the functionality of interacting with my PC is dead.

IS MY PS VITA BRICKED???

Is there a way around this??? Any correspondence would be greatly appreciated, this is a great forum and you cats rock.

Thank you!!!

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did u try through vita shell app that gets installed after hack vita
16:22 in ur video
I’m not really sure bout that video guide. I used vita guide but things have changed a bit since after 3.65 firmware

[Link Edited 4 N008 content]
Thank you, I'll look into this. I'm assuming I need to remove the old mod, which I know how to do. Hopefully this will work. Again, thank you for chiming in!
Post automatically merged:

Welcome my son, welcom to the machine!

"Itls" is a bit nebulous. Could you please clarify? Much appreciated! :)

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Remember this once and for all. No one is going to waste their time watching your just another one video tutorials. You won't believe it, but people here don't like watching random shitty video tutorials at all.
Any video tutorials themselves (and especially following them) are considered bad form around here. Sad, but true (because there are reasons for it (btw, your case is one of those reasons)).
As result no one will ever know what kind of crap you pumped into your console. So please next time take your precious time and describe (with the words of the text) what you have done with your console.
Do that little bit of homework. Find a decent text guide and compare it to what your video tutorial suggests to do. At least you'll learn a minimal set of basic terms and words.
The decent one is PS Vita (TV) Hacks Guide for example.
Update: By the way, it's there about 'itls'. Tho it may not necessarily be your problem.

Last edited by r1vver,

Hosaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Actually that video based on vita hack guide site and annoyingly too long even for a video guide. If necessary just hack your vita from beginning. Most people in here recommend vita hack guide site since most updated but i will give another option.
https://techjury.net/blog/can-you-hack-ps-vita/

It's bit older comparing to vita hack site but almost similar and following steps more easier.

After hacked vita you need to use vitashell app for connecting your vita to pc not qcma. Just open vita shell prees select to connect your vita to pc. When you press start you can see the menu below. Just change the usb option to ftp when you want to use ftp option. But remember ftp more slow than usb.

vita.jpg

Also you need to change folder options.

1-) Press Windows key+R write control.exe folders then hit enter.

Folder-Options_run.png

2-) Untick hide protected operating system files. A warning message will appear click yes. This is important, otherwise you can not see some folders in vita; like app folder.

hide-protected-operating-system.png

3-) You need to show hidden files too. At the same place hide protected operating system files there is a option about hidden files. Go to there and select show hidden files options click apply then yes.

show-hidden-folders-1.png

Or just use this for show hidden files. I prefer second one.

View-hidden-files-and-folders-in-Windows-10.png

About psn, i dont think you can connect psn with a hacked console but im not sure.

Lastly pkgj is annoyingly slow because of vitas wifi. I recommend nps browser. Install nps browser on your pc, download games from there and put your vita with usb or ftp.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember this once and for all. No one is going to waste their time watching your just another one video tutorials. You won't believe it, but people here don't like watching random shitty video tutorials at all.
Any video tutorials themselves (and especially following them) are considered bad form around here. Sad, but true (because there are reasons for it (btw, your case is one of those reasons)).
As result no one will ever know what kind of crap you pumped into your console. So please next time take your precious time and describe (with the words of the text) what you have done with your console.
Do that little bit of homework. Find a decent text guide and compare it to what your video tutorial suggests to do. At least you'll learn a minimal set of basic terms and words.
The decent one is PS Vita (TV) Hacks Guide for example.
Update: By the way, it's there about 'itls'. Tho it may not necessarily be your problem.

Thank you. In response, I wasn't trying to make people "watch" the video, just the method of CFW installation. I meant no offense. And yes, my case is one of those reasons...

Yes, thanks for the link to the Vita Guide as someone has mentioned it before. However, that guide is the one used in the video above, as there is link to that guide in the description below in that video.

I'll try a new hack.

Thanks guys for everything! :)

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. In response, I wasn't trying to make people "watch" the video, just the method of CFW installation. I meant no offense. And yes, my case is one of those reasons...

Yes, thanks for the link to the Vita Guide as someone has mentioned it before. However, that guide is the one used in the video above, as there is link to that guide in the description below in that video.

I'll try a new hack.

Thanks guys for everything! :)
Out of interest, which driver did you use to set up QCMA? I used the recommended libusbK driver and have no issues connecting to my Vita in Windows 10 x64 with that driver.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Itls is the method to get online on enso, because it will fail ssl handshake otherwise. You can get online on latest firmware, but older firmware doesn't have the certificates. You'll get an error if you try signing in otherwise.

Reactions: ILuvGames

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually that video based on vita hack guide site and annoyingly too long even for a video guide. If necessary just hack your vita from beginning. Most people in here recommend vita hack guide site since most updated but i will give another option.
https://techjury.net/blog/can-you-hack-ps-vita/

It's bit older comparing to vita hack site but almost similar and following steps more easier.

After hacked vita you need to use vitashell app for connecting your vita to pc not qcma. Just open vita shell prees select to connect your vita to pc. When you press start you can see the menu below. Just change the usb option to ftp when you want to use ftp option. But remember ftp more slow than usb.

View attachment 367414

Also you need to change folder options.

1-) Press Windows key+R write control.exe folders then hit enter.

2-) Untick hide protected operating system files. A warning message will appear click yes. This is important, otherwise you can not see some folders in vita; like app folder.

3-) You need to show hidden files too. At the same place hide protected operating system files there is a option about hidden files. Go to there and select show hidden files options click apply then yes.

Or just use this for show hidden files. I prefer second one.

About psn, i dont think you can connect psn with a hacked console but im not sure.

Lastly pkgj is annoyingly slow because of vitas wifi. I recommend nps browser. Install nps browser on your pc, download games from there and put your vita with usb or ftp.
WOW! Thank you very much for that, I will definitely try this and get back to you cats on this!

Itls is the method to get online on enso, because it will fail ssl handshake otherwise. You can get online on latest firmware, but older firmware doesn't have the certificates. You'll get an error if you try signing in otherwise.
Thank you for that!

Out of interest, which driver did you use to set up QCMA? I used the recommended libusbK driver and have no issues connecting to my Vita in Windows 10 x64 with that driver.
I couldn't tell you what driver I used, only the version of the QCMA, whis is 0.4.1.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! Thank you very much for that, I will definitely try this and get back to you cats on this!

Thank you for that!

I couldn't tell you what driver I used, only the version of the QCMA, whis is 0.4.1.
The usb connection with qcma is very finicky about cables as well.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know what you are saying about PSN, and yes, the latest CFW Hankaku allows you to log in without any issues. However, I don't care about PSN at all. The problem is, you can't use Sony's CMA without a PSN account, so because the internet conks out on me every time I try to use either USB or Wi-Fi, I can't register, so I can't use CMA. Kind of sucks!!! :(

I'll look up other ways to connect. If I can use Vita Shell IF IT CONNECTS TO MY PC then maybe I can forget CMA altogether. It's connected to the pc now, but it's not showing up on my pc under "THIS PC". I think this is the real problem I'm having.

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vitashell is awesome. I use it for usb and ftp connections.

https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell

In usb mode, in vitashell, you can select the storage media displayed from the vita. Be sure to select the right one. You can try them all, if you aren’t sure.

If you are trying to transfer small files, try ftp.

Strange that usb isn’t working for you, though. Have you tried other usb ports on your computer?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the ROOT DIRECTORY of when I plug my Vita in to pc via USB cable, while inside of Vitashell on my Vita...
rqlcOLM.jpg

As you can see, the enitre default directory of the Vita Shell directory is missing. I appreciate your help and attention in this manner, but I think this hack screwed me out of a working Vita. There is NO CONNECTIVITY between my Vita and my PC. Oh well, too bad for me.

Ugh!

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah hell guys, then where do I find the uxO: folder (among the others)?

Also, I tried to install chocolate doom yesterday, but did not have the right folder directory to put the wads in...

You guys are great, please continue w/ the help! Heading out for a bit, but I'm going to install an FTP client (FileZilla) on my PC and hopefully set it up so that I can transfer files back and forth.

Here's a quick question... if I wanted to put in some images and video on the Vita, which folder do they go in? I've tried everything and nothing shows up on the Vita...

Thanks again for putting up with my no0bn355!!!
8mHgc0U.gif

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah hell guys, then where do I find the uxO: folder (among the others)?

Also, I tried to install chocolate doom yesterday, but did not have the right folder directory to put the wads in...

You guys are great, please continue w/ the help! Heading out for a bit, but I'm going to install an FTP client (FileZilla) on my PC and hopefully set it up so that I can transfer files back and forth.

Here's a quick question... if I wanted to put in some images and video on the Vita, which folder do they go in? I've tried everything and nothing shows up on the Vita...

Thanks again for putting up with my no0bn355!!!
8mHgc0U.gif
ux0 will show up in vitashell. When you copy stuff to your vita's memory card via USB on your PC, what you see on your PC is essentially ux0 it's just not named that when connecting your vita to your PC that way (FTP, I forget what it show's up as).

As for converting videos to play on the vita, they have to be h264/mpeg-4 (mp4) with burned in subtitles (if you have videos that use them) with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 (720p) and AAC-LC audio. Pretty sure someone else will help you with that but I use Handbrake with a custom profile to convert them.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ux0 will show up in vitashell. When you copy stuff to your vita's memory card via USB on your PC, what you see on your PC is essentially ux0 it's just not named that when connecting your vita to your PC that way (FTP, I forget what it show's up as).

As for converting videos to play on the vita, they have to be h264/mpeg-4 (mp4) with burned in subtitles (if you have videos that use them) with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 (720p) and AAC-LC audio. Pretty sure someone else will help you with that but I use Handbrake with a custom profile to convert them.
Thank you! I'll look into that!!! :)

I've tried putting in images and music into the folders as shown in the above post's attached directories, but nothing shows up on the Vita. Can you show me the file directory to put those in?

Thank you! :)

Reactions: ILuvGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol