XP
Country
United States

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That honestly looks really nice and quality printing used on it.

It's already going for $26 so not bad at all.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is some low life that is making money off of this free homebrew game on ebay, and i was trying to contract the maker to let them know about it. They are even using sega's artwork as if its their own, and i doubt they got permission to do so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325095994287?hash=item4bb13b33af:g:VQwAAOSwFmpiEvXz
From the item description in your eBay link it clearly says they are selling the box and everything else and the disk of the game is free. Sure its basically a technicality but they have covered themselves by clearly saying twice the disk is not being sold. Anywho here is what the description says.

I am not selling the software just the package that is shown in this auction. I have loaded and tested the game om the disk for your convenience. But should you not want it on the media I will happily remove it upon request. After I downloaded Sonic the Hedge Hog for the Commodore 64. I created a box, manual and disk sleeve and disk labels. Then added the card - see pics. Posted it to show off my package elsewhere. there were a handful of indidviduals who wanted to purchase my assembled package. I did a small run and there are afew left over. So I am offering the Set - the Box, Manual, Disk Sleeve, and 5 1/4 & 3 1/2 disks with labels. Plus collector info card for purchase. Again I am not selling the software. Thank you for looking.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem is not only what this idiot doing is copyright infringment by selling homebrew (you can argue hes selling the box but it makes no difference honestly) but no pics of gameplay so the disk may have c64 **** on it or worse a virus

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of related? I didn't know this existed! Honestly after looking at a Youtube video of it, looks and sounds amazing! For a homebrew project damn! I would dare say it might even be better than the Master System version.

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some low life that is making money off of this free homebrew game on ebay, and i was trying to contract the maker to let them know about it. They are even using sega's artwork as if its their own, and i doubt they got permission to do so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325095994287?hash=item4bb13b33af:g:VQwAAOSwFmpiEvXz
The guy states he went through the effort of reprinting and making it himself. These companies do not do these things for us. They go out of their way to make these products harder to preserve now. If people see a market they can fill. That (((they))) aren't exploiting. Thats their opportunity.

I'm going to look into printing custom game case covers soon. Hate me if you want.

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I am not selling the software just the package that is shown in this auction. I have loaded and tested the game om the disk for your convenience."

😆 What you didn't know that was the second time he changed the description, And that was only after a few people asked him if he had the license to sell this. Shortly after Sega found out about this and his auctions were deleted, and he hasn't posted another one since then. So yeah maybe next time you might want to know what you're talking about before you reply.

"I'm going to look into printing custom game case covers soon. Hate me if you want."

P.S: You can print whatever you want I don't think anybody cares about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn I never knew this, or put 2 n 2 together- "The cover art of Metal Gear is based on a photo...