Gaming Sonic Boom Gameplay

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the "It's cool to hate Sonic" plague hit this board as well.

It doesn't look bad at all. Except maybe the graphics, they could be better.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
> And from some footage looks worse than what Colours did back in 2010
Like what the fuck, Colours is one of the best Sonic 3D games ever released, it was pretty much Sonic Generations for the Wii.

> The Episode games were great.
Hah. What a hilarious joke!

> It doesn't look bad at all. Except maybe the graphics, they could be better.
Game looks all right but on one certain part it focuses too much on brawling rather than exploring and running like they've done with Lost World and Generations.

Sonic Unleashed's Werehog mode was horrible and the reason why I never bothered to finish SU.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> And from some footage looks worse than what Colours did back in 2010
Like what the fuck, Colours is one of the best Sonic 3D games ever released, it was pretty much Sonic Generations for the Wii.

> The Episode games were great.
Hah. What a hilarious joke!

> It doesn't look bad at all. Except maybe the graphics, they could be better.
Game looks all right but on one certain part it focuses too much on brawling rather than exploring and running like they've done with Lost World and Generations.

Sonic Unleashed's Werehog mode was horrible and the reason why I never bothered to finish SU.
Did you play Sonic Unleashed on PS2 or Wii? That version is a lot better and the werehog is more tolerable in it.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
What the actual f**k? The game looks awful, im not normally put off by bad graphics but seriously what the hell? It looks so bad :unsure:

Graphics aside, gameplay looks good. I wasnt a fan of sonic colours (i know, shocking) so typical platforming is good for me because i enjoy that type of game altho i could do without the fighting parts. Dont really care about how the characters look as long as it handles fun and multiplayer is always a good thing.

Someone should tell sonic creators this:

Sonic heroes music + Sonic unleashed speed levels (WII version) + Sonic 3 sidescrolling levels + Sonic adventure 2 platforming = Best sonic game ever.

OMG i totally forgot about sonic rush. That game was fantastic! xD

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be honest, the only 3d sonic games I found comfortable to play were adventure 2 (though it had its bad spots) and shadow the hedgehog. you can tell me what you want about not liking the aliens or finding the idea of guns preposterous. but the controls were great, even during running and action sequences.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Shadow the Hedgehog is a good game
sure it is.....
aTebn5yT4.gif

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Curious how you made that conclusion when this plays nothing like the "past games".

Implying that Colors is bad.

Just plain what.

I am curious as to how this totally awesome sonic game plays nothing like "past games"? How does this action platformer play "nothing like" past sonic action platformers? I'm assuming that this game will be even more broken than previous incarnations and will as such, be totally "new" (read: more shit).

Sonic is no longer rolling up into a blue ball and constantly spinning in to walls? Because if it is, that is "something similar" to past sonic games. Are you battling a broken camera, being annoyed by irritating "friends" of sonic? This is not new. Playing as knuckles, hunting around for shit that takes forever to do.....This is not "new".

Colours was by no means a bad game in terms of visuals. But this game looks SHIT. I mean, really shit. Visuals are not everything but they are "something". And this "something" is a smothering pile of crap. Sonic Colours was on wii......in 2010.... How silly of me for suggesting that a game released in 2014 would be superior in visuals to what has come before it. My mistake.

And yes I thought the episode games were quite good. The least broken sonic games from the most reason releases of sonic games.

But look, I don't care. Watch the video in this thread about the guys at the sonic food joint. They sum up my position on Sonic.

Prove me wrong in however many months and post a link to megacritic with 10/10 sonic reviews in this thread.. Hey I'll even settle for 9/10, or 8/10, or even 7/10. If it gets an average of 60% I'll admit that I was wrong and this sonic game is soooooooooo awesome and "totally new" and the best thing since (whatever crap game you dream up).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
While I too think visually this game doesn't look very good I'm willing to wait until the end to see how the actual graphics will look like.

I saw the Real Zelda trailer on Nintendo's E3 YouTube video and that even in 720p HD looked like shit all compressed, but even then it gave me the impression that they could be really nice cartoony looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1