ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, just found this thread...
Now i can really enjoy the game! thanks to all that worked on this translation!
yaynds.gif

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just finished the game (normal mode).

gonna tackle the EX dungeons and Expert mode later.

just wanna say, it's basically 100% in terms of regular gameplay. the story is fully translated.

it's just the glossary that's not fully translated, and I wouldn't have even noticed if my sister hadn't told me.
who reads the glossary anyway?

anyways, enjoy.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I don't know how to get this translation thingy to work. I'm lost right now and it suppose to be 'easier' than the JUS patch process. Look who's in charge of the translation project, DarthNemesis, don't get me wrong but I keep getting kanji inside the NDS rom I just downloaded. I don't know how to 'patch' the translation rom unto the NDS rom. Please help me out here.

My fault I download the Somatrans file trying to make it work on the NDS file. So I got the NDS rom patch already, sorry.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not dropping this; I've just been extremely busy (and without this computer) recently. I'm not doing any translation or editing for RO either, just assisting with technical aspects like the script inserter.

oldmilk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just happy about DarthNemesis's devotion to the translations. He's a VIP in this forum
yaynds.gif

I recognize him as the dude who helped me on Etrian Odyssey in his FAQ and that Soma Bringer thing he brought up in GameFAQs. Never woulda found GBAtemp without him really, even though all his help wasn't intentional. PRAISE!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nah, I didn't say you're dropping this either
biggrin.gif
I was saying that "what's done is done" so there's no need to rush to finish this, since it's completely playable

'bout hat RO stuff, but aren't you the Project Leader? The first post there told me that
unsure.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have a freezing problem in Act 4? When I try to go to other areas inside the Village, the game would go into black screens but the music is still playing. I can soft reset fine, but that's the only thing I can do. And after the event at Welt's house, if I try to go into the house, the game freezes but makes really bad noise instead of the usual music. I can go into the Chief's house map fine though. I tried reformatting the SD card, but that didn't help either. I'm using R4.

Lluvia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lluvia.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First I want to thank you for putting all the effort in translating this great game. I'm really enjoying it
smile.gif

I'm in Act 2 at the moment and I found a small typo in the translation. When you ask Tim F in Hangar 1 about combining orbs, he says "Combining orbs of the same tyype will produce an orb of a higher level, ..."

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
pkprostudio said:
Does anyone else have a freezing problem in Act 4? When I try to go to other areas inside the Village, the game would go into black screens but the music is still playing. I can soft reset fine, but that's the only thing I can do. And after the event at Welt's house, if I try to go into the house, the game freezes but makes really bad noise instead of the usual music. I can go into the Chief's house map fine though. I tried reformatting the SD card, but that didn't help either. I'm using R4.

try to upgrade to its latest (and last ;-
wink.gif
firmware... v1.18

I've got an r4 as well and it works fine... either that or try repatching, I had a similar problem with JUS till I repatched and it worked
wink.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaos said:
I believe I've discovered an error.

In Grave Fortress during Act 2, there is a lift you examine that says something like "This high-security lift goes to Isolation Ward 1?" I think it should say Ward 3, as when you activate the control Rod for Isolation Lift 3, it activates this lift, and going to the now activated lift brings up the dialog saying "Go to Isolation Ward 3?"Fixed.

Kaos said:
I've found another error.

The Kampf Rank1 skill "Dragon Blow" is described as a "Right Forearm Slam", but both the attack animation and the damage type (I have a Dark Orb on my left fist) show that it should be a "Left Forearm Slam".

Edit: I fixed it on the Wiki, but I can't work out how to fix the "Isolation Ward" error I posted earlier.

Edit Edit: Another error. In Cremona, one of the NPCs that gives you a quest says cystal instead of crystal.Fixed both of those, thanks. The Dragon Blow description wasn't even close to the Japanese.

QUOTE(Lluvia @ Jan 29 2009, 09:52 AM)
First I want to thank you for putting all the effort in translating this great game. I'm really enjoying it
smile.gif

I'm in Act 2 at the moment and I found a small typo in the translation. When you ask Tim F in Hangar 1 about combining orbs, he says "Combining orbs of the same tyype will produce an orb of a higher level, ..."
This was fixed on my local copy... wow, back in November. I really need to put out a new patch.

Alright, within the next week or so I'll make an update, hopefully with some of the glossary done too.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
DarthNemesis said:
Kaos said:
I believe I've discovered an error.

In Grave Fortress during Act 2, there is a lift you examine that says something like "This high-security lift goes to Isolation Ward 1?" I think it should say Ward 3, as when you activate the control Rod for Isolation Lift 3, it activates this lift, and going to the now activated lift brings up the dialog saying "Go to Isolation Ward 3?"Fixed.

Kaos said:
I've found another error.

The Kampf Rank1 skill "Dragon Blow" is described as a "Right Forearm Slam", but both the attack animation and the damage type (I have a Dark Orb on my left fist) show that it should be a "Left Forearm Slam".

Edit: I fixed it on the Wiki, but I can't work out how to fix the "Isolation Ward" error I posted earlier.

Edit Edit: Another error. In Cremona, one of the NPCs that gives you a quest says cystal instead of crystal.Fixed both of those, thanks. The Dragon Blow description wasn't even close to the Japanese.

QUOTE(Lluvia @ Jan 29 2009, 09:52 AM)
smile.gif

This was fixed on my local copy... wow, back in November. I really need to put out a new patch.

Alright, within the next week or so I'll make an update, hopefully with some of the glossary done too.

No way, I'm too lazy to get my old copy of SomaBringer and patch it again... u_u

lol
tongue.gif
it's nice seeing this still going to reach perfection even though it's almost perfect as it is already
wink.gif
good job really

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morgawr said:
pkprostudio said:

try to upgrade to its latest (and last ;-
wink.gif
firmware... v1.18

I've got an r4 as well and it works fine... either that or try repatching, I had a similar problem with JUS till I repatched and it worked
wink.gif
It is 1.18 lol. Anyway I got rid of my unpatched copy.
dry.gif
BRB redownloading.
ph34r.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Darth... While you're fixing things in Soma...
I've come across some skills which MAY have some errors.

Gunner -> Gun -> Rank 1 -> Heavy Shot
Says "Break: Knockback (Small)." however the icon shown is for "Juggle (Small)".

Kampfs -> Fist -> Rank 3 -> Hammer Blow
Has the icon for "Knockdown (Small)" but it's not in the description.
Kampfs -> Dual -> Rank 1 -> Sting
Says "Break: Knockback (Small)." but the icon shows "Knockdown (Small)".

Battler (Possibly not an error.)
A few skills say "Break: Strike (Small)." but icon shows "Knockdown (Small)".

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Would there be any updates regarding the the translation/patch...

I also came across some very minor errors...

When I use Einsatz
In the prolouge? or chapter 1?
When with the talk with Ishtar after the incident in the Junel Forest, the dialog box when Ishtar is talking sometimes flashes making the words not visible.

Well it is just a very minor problem.

Uhhmm. Is it 100% english translation already?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New patch has been released with all the reported typos fixed and about a fifth of the glossary translated.

twiztidsinz said:
Hey Darth... While you're fixing things in Soma...
I've come across some skills which MAY have some errors.

Gunner -> Gun -> Rank 1 -> Heavy Shot
Says "Break: Knockback (Small)." however the icon shown is for "Juggle (Small)".

Kampfs -> Fist -> Rank 3 -> Hammer Blow
Has the icon for "Knockdown (Small)" but it's not in the description.
Kampfs -> Dual -> Rank 1 -> Sting
Says "Break: Knockback (Small)." but the icon shows "Knockdown (Small)".

Battler (Possibly not an error.)
A few skills say "Break: Strike (Small)." but icon shows "Knockdown (Small)".
Thanks for the thorough check, fixed all of these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P