Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So is the patch basically finished?
I just wanna download the last patch so I don't have to keep updating. ^.^

Thanks so much for the work DarthNemesis and contributers!!!

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
once DN is finished translating what left then DN will release the "fully translated" patch.

As of right now progress is at 98% i think

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for the same thing. Right now, I have the 96% complete patch in my Cyclo. I could update with this ~98% patch easily, but I just want to wait for the final update before I really get into this game. I really want to check out this game, and I HAVE seen enough of it to know that it will be a good game, but reading even a little Japanese text irritates me because I can't understand it. So I'll wait patiently for the final update and then go to town on this game.

I really applaud DarthNemesis for the effort and time he has put into this translation. It shows real dedication to go through all this and translate a game that you MUST have already beaten and are essentially done with. But you are a trooper and I KNOW you'll get this sucker as close to 100% as you possibly can.

All hail DarthNemesis.
bow.gif

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I can tell you is that on the first post, you download the link that says latest patch, right underneath the screenshots.

And apparently, right underneath the link to the patch is the guide for Mac users to patch...

EDIT: Or a patcher for the Mac users...

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wow the translation is nearly complete.

It took Darth 7 months to translate the thing (not 100%, yes), but I wonder how long does it take for a localization team? Since I assume Darth is working alone, and he had to hack the game
sleep.gif

P.S: This is just off-topic, yes, but at least I wanna say thanks Darth for all the hard work!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Raestloz said:

It took Darth 7 months to translate the thing (not 100%, yes), but I wonder how long does it take for a localization team? Since I assume Darth is working alone, and he had to hack the game
sleep.gif

P.S: This is just off-topic, yes, but at least I wanna say thanks Darth for all the hard work!
Well, if you think this is offtopic, than this is the best offtopic post I've ever seen
wink.gif

Darth, I really admire you! You really managed to pulled this off.......Great work man!!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Raestloz said:

sleep.gif

>Darth is working alone
>Open translation

Pretty much anybody can contribute, and I think there have been about 4 or 5 major contributors other than DarthNemesis.

I still say everybody needs to donate DarthNemesis $3.76 when the patch hits 100%.

kaizer ryo

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Law said:
Raestloz said:

sleep.gif

>Darth is working alone
>Open translation

Pretty much anybody can contribute, and I think there have been about 4 or 5 major contributors other than DarthNemesis.

I still say everybody needs to donate DarthNemesis $3.76 when the patch hits 100%.

Off topic:Why 3.76?

On topic:Darth when do you expect this to be 100% finished?

Friendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just beat the game last night. From start to finish, this game is AMAZING and easily one of the best games I played on DS. Thank you so much for the translation!
yaynds.gif

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Itachi said:
D: i still cant play this game... i dont get how to patch the rom on the MAC. i drag the rom to the "drop rom here.bat" and nothing happens. when i put it in my ds.. its still in japanese..
I think there was a readme in the file... It was like you run the other program or something since you can't use the .bat on a mac, only on a windows.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Itachi said:
D: i still cant play this game... i dont get how to patch the rom on the MAC. i drag the rom to the "drop rom here.bat" and nothing happens. when i put it in my ds.. its still in japanese..

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ Mar 18 2008, 08:09 AM) This is an open translation of Soma Bringer. I will be working on it steadily when I have time, but translations and corrections are welcome on the wiki. I plan to update this link regularly, whenever changes have been made.

http://somatrans.referata.com/

somabringermenubeforeex1.png
somabringermenuafterch0.png

Latest patch: 2008-10-11 (Download) (Mirror)
Status: 97.92% complete (Cutscenes: 99.75%, Menus: 93.81%, NPCs/Misc: 99.67%)
Recent updates: NPC conversations complete
Game ID: YBSJ-11F4EB8E

Patcher for mac users (extract to the same folder as the patch and your original .nds file, then run PatchSoma)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just thought of this....

from the screenshot in the first post, I assume it's still like that, so I'll just give it a go, shouldn't the classes be in sinular form rather than plural form?

Like, for example, Millers from above screenshot, it says she's Gunners, which makes it pretty much sounds wrong, as she is a Gunner(without "s")

I also remember that the other ones are Darks, Kampfs, Somas and such, all in plural form, but in RPGs I've played, they're usually in singular form. Like in FFTactics, you can be an Archer, not Archers

Am I right? The Katakana does utilize "su" implying it's Gunners but I think it should be Gunner

Just a thought, how about it Darh?

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Just thought of this....

from the screenshot in the first post, I assume it's still like that, so I'll just give it a go, shouldn't the classes be in sinular form rather than plural form?

Like, for example, Millers from above screenshot, it says she's Gunners, which makes it pretty much sounds wrong, as she is a Gunner(without "s")

I also remember that the other ones are Darks, Kampfs, Somas and such, all in plural form, but in RPGs I've played, they're usually in singular form. Like in FFTactics, you can be an Archer, not Archers

Am I right? The Katakana does utilize "su" implying it's Gunners but I think it should be Gunner

Japanglish maybe? not quite correct in english though. xD

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm pretty much done with my Order of Ecclesia maps and guides, so time to focus on finishing this.

Raestloz said:

I agree that it would make more sense gramatically, but I'm hesitant to change something that's explicitly written out in katakana...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
    LNLenost @ LNLenost: i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but...