Hacking Question So is 3.0.1 really not exploitable?

DarkenSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not with 3.0.0 method.
But seeing as at the time of this writing current version is 3.0.2 and as per it's change log "
Improvements Included in Version 3.0.2
  • Nintendo Switch Online
    • Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. This is currently available for free until the paid online service launches in 2018
>>>
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience"<<<<
Something must have been patched they didn't want access to as we know Sony does this to cover the the fact they patched up something useful to hackers not always but a good 95% of the time. So back to my question what's the probability of 3.0.1 being exploitable?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Obviously not with 3.0.0 method.
But seeing as at the time of this writing current version is 3.0.2 and as per it's change log "
Improvements Included in Version 3.0.2
  • Nintendo Switch Online
    • Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. This is currently available for free until the paid online service launches in 2018
>>>
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience"<<<<
Something must have been patched they didn't want access to as we know Sony does this to cover the the fact they patched up something useful to hackers not always but a good 95% of the time. So back to my question what's the probability of 3.0.1 being exploitable?
It's most likely exploitable but a whole another question is will anyone ever find an exploit. I have a feeling that if/when 3.0.1 is hacked 3.0.2 will be too, but when that happens we could possibly be at >10.x.x

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt many people are spending time trying to find something on 3.0.1 when they can just develop actual homebrew on 3.0.0 now. There's just not anything to gain from it. I wouldn't expect much until further down the road when later firmware actually add something worthwhile. Remember, it's not about whether or not there are vulnerabilities in any given firmware, it's about whether the right people are interested enough to spend a lot of time and effort finding them.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have a Switch yet for financial reasons.
The fact that 3.0.1 and above is not hackable is giving me headaches as I'm thinking about where to get the f*cking money to buy one right now to be sure to be on 3.0.0 or below.
So it would be nice that if there's anything on 3.0.1 or above, even if it is private for now, someone would write it here so I don't have to worry or rush myself in buying the console now.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have a Switch yet for financial reasons.
The fact that 3.0.1 and above is not hackable is giving me headaches as I'm thinking about where to get the f*cking money to buy one right now to be sure to be on 3.0.0 or below.
So it would be nice that if there's anything on 3.0.1 or above, even if it is private for now, someone would write it here so I don't have to worry or rush myself in buying the console now.
You don't have to worry or rush regardless. It's just a console;)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't have to worry or rush regardless. It's just a console;)
It's like it has been designed just to be used with RetroArch, you know?
RetroArch on Wii U is so great and a Switch is a Wii U portable, nothing else. :)
So that'd be the main reason to buy a Switch.
Nevertheless I would want to play Zelda BotW on it as well which excludes a portable Android device with a bluetooth gamepad. :P
So as a RetroArch fan, it's not "just a console", it's "the console".

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing people care about is piracy from this exploit. Well, and save fiLe managers.
I won't lie about my pirating behaviour on the Wii U but as for the Switch I'm only interested in homebrew.
There's only a few interesting games for me which I would buy (BotW, MK8, Stardew Valley).
Savegame manager would be good indeed. Also a way to install games (at least legally bought eShop games) to an attached USB drive should be possible.

If you count RetroArch and roms as piracy as well although the games are pretty old then yeah ... I want the Switch "for piracy". :P

Last edited by lordelan,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing people care about is piracy from this exploit. Well, and save fiLe managers.
The Save file manager is a funny party of it. All want it but no one took a little more though into it.
If you have it, what next? Yeahi you can MAYBE cheat with a little bit of effort. Nice! Unless your switch breaks, you send it to repair and get a new one where you can't restore your save file.
And yeah, the piracy thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1