Hardware So I stacked a N2DS on a N3DS and discovered something... odd?

Has anyone else discovered this

• Total voters

Inkadinkadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if someone else already discovered this, but I just found this odd...

I was comparing my New 2ds xl with my New 3ds xl and i discovered when i put the 2ds on top the 3ds in a particular way, the 3ds enters sleep mode? Can anyone explain to me why this might be?

My N3DS XL has b9s latest luma and the N2DS XL is stock and neither or them had wireless communications on. Is there some kind of NFC thing happening here?

Reactions: GarnetSunset

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if someone else already discovered this, but I just found this odd...

I was comparing my New 2ds xl with my New 3ds xl and i discovered when i put the 2ds on top the 3ds in a particular way, the 3ds enters sleep mode? Can anyone explain to me why this might be?

My N3DS XL has b9s latest luma and the N2DS XL is stock and neither or them had wireless communications on. Is there some kind of NFC thing happening here?

Its the whole basis of how NTRboothax works. There is a magnet near the B button on the 3ds console that when triggered puts the system into sleep mode. There is also a magnet in the top screen which when put in close proximity to each other makes this happen.

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the whole basis of how NTRboothax works. There is a magnet near the B button on the 3ds console that when triggered puts the system into sleep mode. There is also a magnet in the top screen which when put in close proximity to each other makes this happen.
Gonna guess if he didn't know about the magnets he doesn't have CFW... I could be wrong lmao

Reactions: lone_wolf323

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm guessing the speaker magnet on the bottom panel of the new2ds is the culprit here.
What you're talking about in the bolded is probably just a sensor instead of a magnet.

Reactions: Inkadinkadoo

Inkadinkadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha! Thanks i was curious about this. I should've figured it was something like that. And yes Garnet, i do have CFW. lol thanks for the quick replies. It was an interesting little tidbit

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
nevermind
(sorry for the bump - thought my notification was a quote, but it was just a like).

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5