Hardware So how long will a high-end gaming PC last before going "out of date"?

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TotalInsanity4/saved/zHG3CJ

It should be enough for your needs. Inexpensive, reliable parts that are capable of overclocking to 4.5GHz under the right conditions and a GPU that when overclocked will crush emulation and play games at mid-to-high settings for the next 2-3 years

If you want a build that can't overclock but uses a better GPU, let me know. And keep in mind that if you make a trip out to a Micro Center it will probably end up shaving around $100 off of your total cost
Wow nice =D all of that looks perfect. I was looking for a standard ATX mother board rather then the micro ATX that the last build i posted about so that looks great. 2TB hard drive is a perfect size as well =] EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card better then the Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
They were about the same price so I was just curious. Wow for the price of 2 PS4s I could have a pretty decent PC =]
The RX480 can pair 2 gpus in crossfire that would get similar performance to a GTX1080 in some games. The GTX1060 is probably a better card overall but not by much. nVidia doesn't pair gpus anymore as far as I know.

If you want to save your money now get a RX480 with the option of buying another one after a year or two. Make sure you buy a motherboard that's crossfire compatible.

If you want something really good now get a nVidia card like the GTX1060, 1070 or even the 1080.

nVidia cards are known for better drivers and support. While AMD makes cards with much more value.

Both companies have either G-Sync(nVidia) or FreeSync(AMD) to cure screen tearing. I just bought an ultrawide monitor that has freelSync for when I buy my RX480's.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow nice =D all of that looks perfect. I was looking for a standard ATX mother board rather then the micro ATX that the last build i posted about so that looks great. 2TB hard drive is a perfect size as well =] EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card better then the Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card?
Functionally they're about the same, although hardware-wise the 1060 is technically better. However, since the 480 "talks" to the drivers a little bit more efficiently, it evens out the deficit so they're basically equal. In all honesty, I just picked the cheapest card with an aftermarket cooler for better over clocking headroom

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The RX480 can pair 2 gpus in crossfire that would get similar performance to a GTX1080 in some games. The GTX1060 is probably a better card overall but not by much. nVidia doesn't pair gpus anymore as far as I know.

If you want to save your money now get a RX480 with the option of buying another one after a year or two. Make sure you buy a motherboard that's crossfire compatible.

If you want something really good now get a nVidia card like the GTX1060, 1070 or even the 1080.

nVidia cards are known for better drivers and support. While AMD makes cards with much more value.

Both companies have either G-Sync(nVidia) or FreeSync(AMD) to cure screen tearing. I just bought an ultrawide monitor that has freelSync for when I buy my RX480's.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7
Nvidia still does SLI, just nothing more than 2 way and not on anything less than the 1070

I would recommend the RX 480 if I could find one with decent cooling that's reasonably priced, but for some reason I'm really only coming up with reference blower designs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny